Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Newbie Tank (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Looking for a GBBR rifle (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=154426)

Dasright May 13th, 2013 02:49

Looking for a GBBR rifle

I was thinking of purchasing my first GBBR. I am looking for your thoughts on whether I should get a AR-15 style WE open bolt rifle (PDW, M4, HK416, T91) or a KJW GBBR.

If you think WE, which WE open bolt system rifle is better in terms of effective range?
Or should I purchase a KJW KC02?

I am leaning toward a WE open bolt rifle because of the stronger blowback and I would prefer STANAG mags.

sammynac99 May 13th, 2013 03:03

I vote KJW KC02, i say its hands down your safest bet on the market at this point in regards of dollar per dollar efficiency. for just under 300$ you get a accurate, efficient and reliable GBBR. Alot of senior guys will agree with me on this one. Dollar per dollar KJW rifles are well known to run very well. Toss in a NPAS and u r ready to run indoors, throw in a tight bore and put on a scope u got a DMR. the hopup unit is easy to access and adjust. i love my kc02 and its seen 1000's of rounds.

AngelusNex May 13th, 2013 07:32

Get the WE if you want kick. I just played my first game with my WE G36k, fairly inaccurate compared to any of my AEGs but ridiculously fun to use.

The KJW 10/22 is by far more accurate out of the box, and probably has more potential for accuracy after upgrades BUT doesn't kick nearly as much which losses it's awesome factor when playing.

T@NK May 13th, 2013 08:17

we m4 gbbr, 6000+rounds so far, still kicking like a horse.

Art Vandelay May 13th, 2013 10:24

I own a KJW M4, and is really good out of the box. The only major issues with the gun is that the hop up adjustment is pretty bad. If you have a drill press, you can do the TDC mod and be able to adjust the hop up better.

JerryMcGoulBerry May 14th, 2013 23:49

I have the WE SCAR and it's not a great performer, but man is it fun to use. If you want performance, get an AEG. IMO GBBRs are just for fun.

Deadpool May 14th, 2013 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryMcGoulBerry (Post 1795531)
I have the WE SCAR and it's not a great performer, but man is it fun to use. If you want performance, get an AEG. IMO GBBRs are just for fun.

Then you're doing it wrong.

I game my Scar every possible time I can. It performs nicely.

Only modification it has is the NPAS and aluminum hinge and backplate.

Dasright May 15th, 2013 00:13

Is there any WE GBBR's less than what Revolution is offering in the classifieds? If there is, it may be worth getting age verified.

Solo36 May 15th, 2013 01:43

There are lots of deals in the classifieds. I don't think anyone beats Revolutions prices on WE's, but you will probably find something your looking for with lots of extras in the classifieds... I saw a closed bolt M4 for sale the other day for 250$.

Art Vandelay May 15th, 2013 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadpool (Post 1795532)
Then you're doing it wrong.

I game my Scar every possible time I can. It performs nicely.

Only modification it has is the NPAS and aluminum hinge and backplate.

Do the Scars still have the problem where the backplate breaks really easily?

Deadpool May 15th, 2013 13:22

Newest generation seems to be less prone to breakage.

ThunderCactus May 15th, 2013 13:35

Doesn't it just need a rubber block to cushion the blow?

Hux37 May 15th, 2013 13:37

talk to GMeyer about his WE AR15s. I went from not wanting a WE gun of any sort, to getting a 416 done by him. The gun shoots 1" groupings with iron sights at 35', has the same recoil as a C7 on blanks, and is very reliable. He has done some amazing work with those guns.

Now I currently own a WE 416, XM177, and an M16 that has to go see Mr. Meyer for internal tweaks.

Believe me, though the KJW is best out of the box, the WE has a lot of aftermarket parts that lets you build it to your own specifications. As well as the ability to take real steal buffer tubes, sling plates, stocks, grips, etc.

Dasright May 15th, 2013 13:49

Airsoft game with KJW KC02 & M1911A1 - YouTube

After watching this video and reading the KJW KC02 thread on this forum, I think I will get a KJW 10/22 with RA-Tech Hop up and RA-Tech 380mm inner barrel. I plan to use long mags and attach a Madbull Firepig to the KJW 10/22 Version 1 because of its threaded barrel and because I want a louder gun.

ThunderCactus May 15th, 2013 14:09

If you want a loud gun, put a firepig on a WE M4 and shoot .36s