Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   ASC News and Announcements (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Classifieds rules update (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=150798)

Drake February 12th, 2013 09:49

Classifieds rules update

Updates to the classifieds rules have been posted. Be aware or be sorry.

Une mise-Ã*-jour des règles pour les petites annonces a été posté: prenez le temps de lire les règles.

Deadpool February 12th, 2013 10:35

Since I didn't know the rules by heart before...What was changed?

Hectic February 12th, 2013 10:53

there short may as well just read em.
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/announcement.php?f=33&a=45

venture February 12th, 2013 11:51

I believe one thing that changed is that you cannot post until 7 days is up. This is now software controlled and the site won't allow you to post until the 7 days is up.

I hope lots of people read it and see that you should not remove the price when the item is sold.

bean February 12th, 2013 11:54

Most recent rule is rule number 5

Doc February 12th, 2013 13:31

hopefully rule 3 will be enforced a bit more strictly. i cant tell you how much it pisses me off when i go back to get the price on something and someone just replaced it with **SOLD**

NANA February 12th, 2013 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc1987 (Post 1759837)
hopefully rule 3 will be enforced a bit more strictly. i cant tell you how much it pisses me off when i go back to get the price on something and someone just replaced it with **SOLD**

I second that.

The rules are there for a reason. The post dosent "die" when the sale is done. Some of us use this info for research and such.

Gato February 12th, 2013 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by yte (Post 1759879)
I second that.

The rules are there for a reason. The post dosent "die" when the sale is done. Some of us use this info for research and such.

While it's nice to be able to look things like that up, as a seller, I don't think it's particularily my job to provide you with the value of your item.... I do feel rule 3 is dumb, but I don't make the rules. I feel this way because I know many people look through an ad for the price as a means of determining if the item has sold or not.

Deadpool February 12th, 2013 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gato (Post 1759880)
While it's nice to be able to look things like that up, as a seller, I don't think it's particularily my job to provide you with the value of your item.... I do feel rule 3 is dumb, but I don't make the rules. I feel this way because I know many people look through an ad for the price as a means of determining if the item has sold or not.

If you post an item and you have 12 idiots b*nana bumping their 3 threads then your ad gets bump to the next page and no one sees your ad for a week. The rule is their for a reason. I don't need you to bump your ad to tell me it's sold.

And thank you Bean for the answer to my question.

The Chad February 13th, 2013 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gato (Post 1759880)

I look for fair market value in the sold items.

Ayashifx55 February 15th, 2013 03:27

elitist doesnt give a f*** about 3rd rule , i swear to god.

BloodSport February 15th, 2013 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayashifx55 (Post 1761036)
elitist doesnt give a f*** about 3rd rule , i swear to god.

He will after a ban or two, the I fraction for breaking this rule does carry points, which on a second failure to follow bumps up to a 1 week ban.

Ayashifx55 February 15th, 2013 15:34

The problem i think is, because elitist doesnt want any record/history of how much they sold the guns for. So they usually like to replace with a banana / sold. Plus being elitists, usually makes you think "I do not need to read the rules".

Just my thought.

FirestormX February 15th, 2013 16:01

I'm confused about why this is being blamed on elitist attitudes? It bugs the crap out of me when people edit out their prices, but I've never associated it with an elitist attitude.

leecas February 22nd, 2013 16:04

I agree that the seller should not remove the price he was asking for when an item is sold but that doesn't mean that the price they have listed is what the item(s) sold for. He could have something listed for $500 but if he took less... you will never know what the item really sold for. So, just remember that it's the asking price... not the sold price.