Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   General (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How many Games have you Played ? (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=167659)

Armyissue September 27th, 2014 17:51

How many Games have you Played ?

Can you believe a newer player asked me that today and I giggled at first and before answering asked him to go first. 8 games he said, well I may have you beat there. I played 8 games at splatters indoor before my first outdoor game at DeadLands in January of 2005, -35*C at night during a snow storm. But how many have I played since. You know I'm old and it gets blurry but the last time I played was Last November and it was with my old Team mates and our Children and their friends. I'm not dodging the Question but it takes longer to count than I had expected. The Pictures and Video's help. In One Vid Scarecrow calls me a "Fkn Prick" for not going to WP Primary for the Forth Year in a row. and I regret missing those games more and more now.
Ten years of Airsoft how many games have I played?
I'll work on it but in the mean time, how many games have you played?

Cheers

hollywood... September 27th, 2014 17:56

enough to get divorced

ShelledPants September 27th, 2014 18:12

In my seventh year and in the hundreds somewhere...

Dracheous September 27th, 2014 18:22

I can only count the number of games I had to crawl through because of copious amounts of booze the night before.

I miss Dogs of War games :(.

siggypoo September 27th, 2014 18:38

I'm yet to play my first.

ThunderCactus September 27th, 2014 18:40

10 years, first 6 years of which were pretty much every weekend that could possibly be played.
Played one year where I actually attended more out of province games than in province games too lol

HackD September 27th, 2014 19:43

7 or so a year, now finishing my 3rd year .. not so impressive, really.

But as you infer/know running a business, as you get older, other real-life obligations by necessity make it quality time, not a matter of quantity.

Cost of gearing up vs Attendance ratio is way pear-shaped. This sport easily eclipses motorcycling (my other money-sink in the past) in terms of the $$ vs activity ratio.

I only regret that it wasn't around/or was only very small-scale niche, when i was 20 years old or so..

Aper September 27th, 2014 19:48

Back in 2004 it was at least once every week/2 weeks.

Today, I barely play 1 per year since there's no good games worth going in my area.

Also, being a dad of 2 soon-to-be 3, work, house maintenance, ect ect ect. makes it harder than 10 years ago too.

HeadlessChicken September 27th, 2014 20:48

God that is a good question. Been in for 6 years but didn't actually get into a game for almost a year, TTAC3 popped my cherry with Brian's "Shanty Town" scenario. Since? I'd guess a little over a hundred through TTAC3, Splatters, CQBPB, and UA. Haven't been able, or gear my self up, for one of those big outdoor games. Mind you my last game was well over a year ago, fatherhood and the husband's club sorta does that.

Spike September 27th, 2014 20:57

Approximately yes.

Aquamarine September 27th, 2014 21:30

I've never played airsoft yet, I just wanna try it sometime because it looks cool. So I think when spring comes, i'll bust out my brand new Dboys M4A1 and hit the slopes! New tac-vest, 3 hi-caps -AND- 11 lo-caps for you purists. Watch out cuz Imm'a comin!

Mirodasc September 27th, 2014 23:18

Over a hundred skrims.
Never an Airsoff Milsim.

GR September 27th, 2014 23:44

First 8 months of actual airsofting, so far 5 games, includes 1 outdoor, however, planning an extensive schedule in the fall and winter (hopefully).

The Keiichione September 28th, 2014 01:15

Between 2008 and 2011, maybe twice a month during summer.
Since 2011, I would say once a week for 4 months each year.

a hundred, give or take.

Ricochet September 28th, 2014 04:59

Every weekend between March/April and September/October (weather dependant), for about 8 - 9 years. That's not including large events, or the odd week that we played twice within. Last year was the scarcest, with maybe only 2 - 3 games, and this year I should be near a dozen, but it's picking up in frequency again. Too many to count, but hundreds at least. I've only attended about 10 - 20 events in that time though. I have now played in 4 different provinces. There's still so much left to learn and see in airsoft. Family and work has not really made it too difficult to play. I've missed the odd game because of responsibilities. I don't play hockey or anything else regularly, and I think it's important that a guy has a weekly, team or social based, physical activity. For health and sanity.