Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   How to Not be Useless when Playing Soldier (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=97201)

DonP January 21st, 2010 19:48

How to Not be Useless when Playing Soldier

How to Not be Useless When You Play Soldier (PDF file)

Posting this with no extra commentary of any kind....

If you have an issue with the contents and have Something To Say, don't tell me, go tell the Internet!

CDN_Stalker January 21st, 2010 19:53

Wow! And a facepalm moment................ this is all news to many players.

Sigh.

m102404 January 21st, 2010 21:15

Awesome...passing a test based on that information should be mandatory before you're allowed to sign up for a game.

NoGear January 21st, 2010 21:16

This was all commen sense to me before hand lol very helpful :)

CDN_Stalker January 21st, 2010 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoGear (Post 1147532)
This was all commen sense to me before hand lol very helpful :)

Common sense and airsoft don't always go together. :rolleyes:

deep in the bush January 21st, 2010 21:25

I did like... "we spent hours stealing"

theguy January 21st, 2010 23:05

A very useful read, thanks for putting this together Don

Scarecrow January 21st, 2010 23:20

There's a paper I wanted to write titled "How stopped pretending to be a special forces soldier and learned to just have fun playing Airsoft" but somehow I could never shorten the title enough to make it worth writing the paper.

FOX_111 January 21st, 2010 23:25

I like it.

A dummy army manual. The perfect noob starter.

I'm working on a dead serious version of this hehe. I like the little 3Dish graphics. I might borrow the idea.

CDN_Stalker January 21st, 2010 23:28

Ummm, DonP found it online, he didn't write it himself. Guess I'm one of the few observant ones around here.

Armyissue January 21st, 2010 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker (Post 1147626)
Ummm, DonP found it online, he didn't write it himself. Guess I'm one of the few observant ones around here.

CDN_Stalker, the spotter, the sniper, the legend.:)

Its good basic, but some how I get the feeling, it will become another example of leading the horse to water.

CDN_Stalker January 21st, 2010 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armyissue (Post 1147633)
CDN_Stalker, the spotter, the sniper, the legend.:)

Its good basic, but some how I get the feeling, it will become another example of leading the horse to water.

At least it's almost as funny as giving a 7 year old a trick math question (brilliant by the way, I laughed hard and shared it).

And, I'm shocked to hear some of the things that make me "a legend", makes it hard for me to keep up with at times.

dutchydoc January 21st, 2010 23:43

Quote:

Yes sadly this is true for the majority that reads it, well no not really because the majority of the people that read it will be people that already follow these simple rules. I dont know how many times I have told people to shut the fuck up, yet they just keep on talking. :banghead:

My banghead seems to be less than impressive.

CDN_Stalker January 21st, 2010 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchydoc (Post 1147640)
Yes sadly this is true for the majority that reads it, well no not really because the majority of the people that read it will be people that already follow these simple rules. I dont know how many times I have told people to shut the fuck up, yet they just keep on talking. :banghead:

[cough]Ronan[/cough]

Scarecrow January 21st, 2010 23:52

Quote:

Well, in my limited experience, I've generally concluded 'once a tool, always a tool' or to summarize my favorite Tom Hanks movie character 'Momma always said, stupid is as stupid does...'

We developed quite a bit of material, in more depth, back in the Wolfpack days. Morbius was a fucking fiend when it came to documenting that kind of stuff. The CQB manuals we created back when we built that killhouse in my basement would probably get us all sent to Quantanimo for a chain link sun tan. Ah those were the good ol' dayz *sniff*....