Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Newbie Tank (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   AEP - any recent experience with electric (non-blowback) pistols (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=174003)

sogn September 3rd, 2015 19:15

AEP - any recent experience with electric (non-blowback) pistols

Did a search and found a few threads from years ago where people generally said AEPs are garbage outside, and EBB pistols are garbage all around.

Has this changed? Does anyone have experience using one?

I'm thinking of maybe getting an AEP to do some fun short range games and shooting drills but I don't want to get something that has terrible accuracy out of the box even at 10 yards.

BioRage September 3rd, 2015 19:31

They should be fine, TM AEP's... pretty sure nothing have changed, but if you're like <30 feet. Only problem is sourcing them in Canada.

naminator September 3rd, 2015 20:01

You are right. AEP's externals are not great. However with the Glock AEP you can get glock logo side straps and a metal slide for it. Both DRASTICALLY improve the appearance of the gun.

The TM models are better than the Cyma. However from a distance both look like glocks and honestly the performance of the guns is what you are after.

I have a Cyma .030 (G18c) with a nineball piston head, upgraded spring and nineball barrel. My gun is very accurate, if under powered and has an excellent ROF (upgraded to 7.4v lipo).

Keep in mind you will need to upgrade the battery right out of the box and the Cyma guns are hit and miss. If you are going to spend a small fortune on one then just get a TM MK23, in Canada they don't cost too much and work extremely well.

sogn September 4th, 2015 13:39

Thanks for the info. Is the TM Mk23 much more reliable than the other ones or is it just the best bang for your buck?

Edit: also, do you know who has them in stock?

BioRage September 4th, 2015 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by sogn (Post 1958050)
Thanks for the info. Is the TM Mk23 much more reliable than the other ones or is it just the best bang for your buck?

Edit: also, do you know who has them in stock?

TM MK23 is said to be the best pistol, EVAR. Asides from the fact it's the size of a deagle, it has no moving parts, it's deathly quiet with the suppressor, and it's super accurate, based on what I've heard and read.

I've shot one a few times, not satisfying enough for me. (Need blow back IMHO), but can confirm it's really quiet with the suppressor on.

naminator September 4th, 2015 15:14

The TM MK23 has no blow back. This means follow up shots are very consistent (good for target shooting) and the gun is very quiet and CQB safe (good indoors).

With a set of supporting mods, your TM MK23 will out range most the majority of gas pistols on the market, while being quieter.

Drakker September 4th, 2015 15:46

But the MK23 has a very heavy trigger pull. You also need to cock the hammer manually before each shot to have any kind of accuracy. But if you change the hop-up rubber and you shoot slowly and carefully, the range and accuracy are crazy.

glitch1502319641 October 14th, 2015 22:45

Love the AEP!

I've had my TM G18 AEP for 10ish years now, and still prefer to to any GBB... Here's why: the mags are small, light and cheap. at $11ish for an AEP vs $30-$50 for one GBB mag, I can get 3-5 AEP mags for ONE GBB mag. since they're cheap, if I lose one it's not such a big deal... I like that they're small, (for some this is a deal breaker) I can fit 3x in a pistol mag pouch vs one GBB. I like that it is under powered, let me clarify. to me a pistol is a back-up/ close weapon, my rifile shoots at 340fps, and my AEP shoots at 220fps. A lot of pistols are over 350fps, sure you get more range, but accuracy isn't great, and close up at that fps or more you're going to draw blood, and make enemies... just saying... If getting close isn't for you, and you may as well just buy an AEG... Lastly, I like that it works... (novel, I know) I've had (m93r, and a desert eagle) and seen so many GBBs/GBBRs that have; leaky mags, sticky parts, ran out of whatever gas, or under-performed due to cold weather... the realism of the GBBs is un-parallelled for sure, but I would rather have it work, than look cool, function like the real one, and sometimes work... if the conditions are right... and I have a full tank of propane/ green gas... and that mag is still good... you get the point...

I should say though I have upgraded my spring, and am running a lipo, and put in a mosfet into it... it is a nice pistol...

Qcteamtony December 5th, 2018 17:52

And where you find the TM AEP? Its looking like impossible To find in Canada!!

dimoes December 6th, 2018 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qcteamtony (Post 2043693)
And where you find the TM AEP? Its looking like impossible To find in Canada!!

The appear once in awhile on ACS. Bought one second hand a few months ago.

Matula December 6th, 2018 21:34

Impossible no... :)
But I will be honest with you, it's rare...

Matula March 13th, 2019 13:59

For people who are interested by AEP (Like me), I saw a video from a French Youtuber who was showing different slides and parts for G18C AEP. I think It's a little expensive but you never know.

Ref. https://jvtactical-airsoft.com