Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Canadian Airsoft News Stand (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   FCC 2013 new release (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=152394)

mcguyver August 12th, 2013 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcard (Post 1824026)
they are experiencing a whole lot more problem than we do, at an average of 8 out of 10 motors failure rate, all are 7511 & 7512. That is also one of the reason FCC are starting to sell their core replacement parts
http://www.ptwcustom.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=508
http://www.ptwcustom.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=507
http://www.ptwcustom.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=521

For anyone reading this, do not under any circumstances install the FCC metal spring posts nor metal brush hood screws in your Systema motor. The risk of error and short circuit via the end bell is extreme, even the most seasoned Systema tech could do it, the average DIYer has a worse chance.

In fact, if you buy anything, buy just the armature, you do not need any other parts, and if the 2.5 brush hoods are any indicator, you will have problems.

I also recommend the 30% silver brushes from Systema, and unless FCC has seriously changed their construction (the pictures show their old carbon brushes), then there is no need for them.

:banghead:

wildcard August 12th, 2013 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcard (Post 1824026)
there are guys in HK went as retarded as 16V 35-40C (using FCC mosfet) to achieve the insane ROF

this is taken from ORGA in Japan:

"Chris Orga
We are fixing more and more PTW motors. We wish that more stable motors would come out.

As people say in their blogs, Systema's genuine motor comes with broken-down-wires and damage in the "komyu" part.

I guess you have to deal with these kind of problems if you are using PTWs. Replacing a motor will cost you roughly 200 USD. With a more stable motor that doesn't break as often, you'd be saving a lot of repair money.

We had several talks with Tackleberry but they don't seem to be too enthusiastic about either making stable motors or fixing the motors, so we invested on tools to fix motors."

they are experiencing a whole lot more problem than we do, at an average of 8 out of 10 motors failure rate, all are 7511 & 7512. That is also one of the reason FCC are starting to sell their core replacement parts
http://www.ptwcustom.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=508
http://www.ptwcustom.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=507
http://www.ptwcustom.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=521

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcguyver (Post 1824134)
For anyone reading this, do not under any circumstances install the FCC metal spring posts nor metal brush hood screws in your Systema motor. The risk of error and short circuit via the end bell is extreme, even the most seasoned Systema tech could do it, the average DIYer has a worse chance.

In fact, if you buy anything, buy just the armature, you do not need any other parts, and if the 2.5 brush hoods are any indicator, you will have problems.

I also recommend the 30% silver brushes from Systema, and unless FCC has seriously changed their construction (the pictures show their old carbon brushes), then there is no need for them.

:banghead:

Brad, if you want to quote what I posted please post the entire thing. just to make it clear yes you can order systema parts from their dealer but the big question should also be when can I get my parts? I have 3 TW5 including my own still waiting for parts from Systema for almost 4 months this saturday, still no news.

mcguyver August 12th, 2013 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcard (Post 1824213)
Brad, if you want to quote what I posted please post the entire thing.

The first part from ORGA doesn't have any bearing on the second part I quoted.

wildcard August 12th, 2013 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcguyver (Post 1824214)
The first part from ORGA doesn't have any bearing on the second part I quoted.

The dead comes back to life
Reborn! Systema 490A x New FCC 3.0 Motor Core - YouTube

Still going strong after two games (The motor is a dead 490A motor from ORGA not the broken 7512 from the previous video)

mcguyver August 12th, 2013 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcard (Post 1824215)
The dead comes back to life
Reborn! Systema 490A x New FCC 3.0 Motor Core - YouTube

Still going strong after two games (The motor is a dead 490A motor from ORGA not the broken 7512 from the previous video)

That's good. The armature is and really always has been the problem with the Systema motors since the introduction of the 490 and continues to this day.

However, the recent switch in wholesale by the playing to community to lipo has introduced a new issue, and all motors, regardless of manufacturer have been falling prey to it.

I would advise you to tell FCC to stop with the metal screws, they clearly haven't listened to me one bit.

wildcard August 12th, 2013 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcguyver (Post 1824219)
That's good. The armature is and really always has been the problem with the Systema motors since the introduction of the 490 and continues to this day.

However, the recent switch in wholesale by the playing to community to lipo has introduced a new issue, and all motors, regardless of manufacturer have been falling prey to it.

I would advise you to tell FCC to stop with the metal screws, they clearly haven't listened to me one bit.

Well recently has been more than just armature, there has been reported issues of misalligned gearboxes (where teh gears are mashing/grinding the actual shell), bodies and DOA motor from Factory QC unit from Systema its like the world turns to shits for them and these are just the local Japanese users bitching.

LiPo usage is not the big issue if Company like CTW can have mosfet that does not fry after a 14.8V battery usage I don't see why Systema is having such an issue with theirs. Even Tony has refused to do any work on the Evolution aside from his own modified version and from what I was told he was using the older gen modified motor and boards.

mcguyver August 12th, 2013 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcard (Post 1824221)
Well recently has been more than just armature, there has been reported issues of misalligned gearboxes (where teh gears are mashing/grinding the actual shell), bodies and DOA motor from Factory QC unit from Systema its like the world turns to shits for them and these are just the local Japanese users bitching

Someone else has been having these issues as well, and lots of them.

Stones, glass houses and all that.

wildcard August 12th, 2013 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcguyver (Post 1824223)
Someone else has been having these issues as well, and lots of them.

Stones, glass houses and all that.

Well these are just the bitching from Japan, usually they get excellent support from them (Systema) being in their own market and all but according from the guys at ORGA no parts, almost non existant service except the odd polite japanese apology and no definite answer as to when replacement for warranty or repair is going to pop up. To me it is almost the same sign as when JAC/toytec/Smokeys went up in smoke. just sayin.

It's almost scary when a OEM company can't keep up with their competitors

mcguyver August 12th, 2013 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcard (Post 1824221)
LiPo usage is not the big issue if Company like CTW can have mosfet that does not fry after a 14.8V battery usage I don't see why Systema is having such an issue with theirs. Even Tony has refused to do any work on the Evolution aside from his own modified version and from what I was told he was using the older gen modified motor and boards.

The issue I have been seeing does not affect the electronics, it affects the armature core, and is a result of specific properties of inductance when coupled to a constant-volatage battery like lipo and its discharge curve.

I will not go into it any further with you, it is really a waste of my time.

And Tony does work on Evolution, he is working on 6-7 for me right now, if he isn't already finished.

mcguyver August 12th, 2013 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcard (Post 1824226)
Well these are just the bitching from Japan, usually they get excellent support from them (Systema) being in their own market and all but according from the guys at ORGA no parts, almost non existant service except the odd polite japanese apology and no definite answer as to when replacement for warranty or repair is going to pop up. To me it is almost the same sign as when JAC/toytec/Smokeys went up in smoke. just sayin

Funny, a buddy of mine just orrdered and received a shipment of uncommon parts for himself and me. It took about 2 weeks I think. But, how it is in Japan is perhaps another issue.

My warranty from FCC has not exactly been stellar. Chris has been great to keep me going, but I am still down a motor, for now.

wildcard August 12th, 2013 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcguyver (Post 1824228)
Funny, a buddy of mine just orrdered and received a shipment of uncommon parts for himself and me. It took about 2 weeks I think. But, how it is in Japan is perhaps another issue.

My warranty from FCC has not exactly been stellar. Chris has been great to keep me going, but I am still down a motor, for now.

All you have to do is ask, I have not seen any request for a motor for you
PM sent

mcguyver August 12th, 2013 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcard (Post 1824232)
All you have to do is ask, I have not seen any request for a motor for you
PM sent

I snooped around with the Chris out your way, and the new motors weren't out then.

wildcard August 13th, 2013 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcguyver (Post 1824236)
I snooped around with the Chris out your way, and the new motors weren't out then.

3.0 motor just finished testing on the production batch but we do have 3.0 cores on 2.5 frame for warranty purpose if you have your old motor please contact Chris or me at sales@tw-works.com and no snooping is required all you need to do is ask, if its a defective product as long as it remains unmodified it will be covered unless stated.

Azathoth August 13th, 2013 10:38

I don't understand what the deal with parts from Japan is. I have had zero issue in getting parts direct from the factory (and I am not a wholesaler, dealer, retailer, distributor or have any relationship with systema).

I've put in three part orders in the past 5 months, and had delivery within 2-3 weeks. I don't understand what the hoopla is with getting support from the factory that people are talking about.

I have a gripe with the 2.5 motor. It gets very hot under 9.6v NiCD and struggles to pull a stock systema blue cylinder when the battery is at 75% of charge. Same battery at 75% charge in a stock 490 cycles the gun cleaner and it doesn't heat up the motor. At about 50% charge 9.6NiCD the FCC 2.5 cannot cycle the M110 at all, however a 490 can continue to cycle the gun for another 200-300 rounds.

Observed with two different 08 factory guns now, with factory electronics with three different FCC 2.5 motors.

This tells me wither the 2.5 pinion gear is not meshing properly with the bevel gear ; or something is terribly wrong with the motor.

ThunderCactus August 13th, 2013 11:28

I have not had any specific issues with my FCC 2.5 motor as of yet, but I'll be monitoring it closely next year.
But as Brad said, for the love of god change those brush hood screws to plastic!!!
And you don't have to go purely on Brad's word for that one. Systema and some others have tried using metal screws on AEG motor before, and those are the motors that give us the most problems.

Also, I don't like the new motors construction, I don't trust that in the slightest. All screws holding a motor together need to be mounted axially. It's been that way for decades, and there's a good damn reason for it. I understand and respect that FCC is trying to re-invent the wheel here, but some things are just terrible ideas and that right there is one of them.
Are the threads on the housing roll formed or cut?
I guarantee those threads aren't tight tolerance and those are just regular socket head screws. There's natural slack in all threads to begin with, and if by some chance someone under torques or goes over yield strength on a screw, that motors gonna come loose and burn out your bearings really fast, and it doesn't take much misalignment to kill a bearing at 25000rpm