Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Airsoft Guns Discussion (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   A.P.S CAM870 CO2 Powered Shotgun (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=162618)

Corinth February 19th, 2014 16:30

A.P.S CAM870 CO2 Powered Shotgun

While lurking the endless reaches of the internet, I stumbled upon this little piece of godly awesomeness. Air Pneumatic Systems has just released a fully functional CO2 powered shotgun, with a firing capability of 12 BB's per shot in a wide-shot format using individually charged shotgun shells. I thought I would post it up on ASC to see what you guys think of this in the development of airsoft technology. Personally, I'm very impressed given my bias to finding an airsoft shotgun that actually fires more than 3-5 BB's and doesn't break. :rolleyes:

http://www.apsram.ca/media/catalog/p...m/img_5095.jpg

Youtube will explain the rest.

A.P.S CAM870 Shotgun Review.

Charging & Loading The Shells.

Danke February 19th, 2014 16:46

Bring a lot of cash.

Corinth February 19th, 2014 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danke (Post 1869438)
Bring a lot of cash.

$600 CAD is comparable for performance and functionality, given that there are other manufacturers coming up with their own designs. For instance, Airsoft Innovations is building a conversion kit for the Classic Army 870 and it does not fire 12 BB's nor does it use chargeable shells. So really it depends on what it is worth to the individual.

Danke February 19th, 2014 17:46

If you get one of those in hand for $600 after they're released you can count yourself very lucky.

ShelledPants February 19th, 2014 17:47

I was excited for this right up until the proprietary shells.

They are ridiculous. They also fire a form of wadding, which means you get no hop up at all (not a huge issue, but if your design decreases performance... don't make it take a minute to load each shell...) and more importantly could be a safety hazard (catching 12 bb's at point blank from 400fps could suck... hard, harder if the wadding didn't disperse).

I have seen AI's shotgun in person, and it's glorious.

N_Force February 19th, 2014 18:27

Tell me about the AI conversion kit for CA870 or the AI shotgun please!

Danke February 19th, 2014 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShelledPants (Post 1869456)

They are ridiculous. They also fire a form of wadding, which means you get no hop up at all (not a huge issue, but if your design decreases performance... don't make it take a minute to load each shell...) and more importantly could be a safety hazard (catching 12 bb's at point blank from 400fps could suck... hard, harder if the wadding didn't disperse).

I have seen AI's shotgun in person, and it's glorious.

Realistically how much punch do you think can pack into that shell? It's a very small chamber and I know you can get a small space to a high pressure it's going to dissipate as it pushed the load down the barrel.

This would be a pretty cool indoors close contact weapon I think. Plus then the shells would be semi collected in the site.

Mr. Gruntsworthy February 19th, 2014 21:07

To be fair, I could do without hop-up in a shotgun. If I have a shotgun, I'm not trying to be accurate, I'm trying to hit everything.

Sometime next year when the funds are available, I might pick this up.

Viperfish February 19th, 2014 21:10

i wonder how many 8mm it could hold....

ShelledPants February 19th, 2014 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danke (Post 1869471)
Realistically how much punch do you think can pack into that shell? It's a very small chamber and I know you can get a small space to a high pressure it's going to dissipate as it pushed the load down the barrel.

This would be a pretty cool indoors close contact weapon I think. Plus then the shells would be semi collected in the site.

Without hop, a lot of the energy will be gone within 100 feet.

But if you look at their sniper systems, they have 6mm at 800fps with the crazy shells... and 500fps on average. Even if that translates to 300fps at the muzzle with 12 bb's, that's 12x 0.2g = 2.4g @ 300fps at the muzzle. That shit would hurt. 10.05 Joules of hurt to be more on topic... It would have to shoot 116fps at 2.4g for 1.5J of energy...

I'd be curious how safe these guns are...

NB I can't speculate on the AI shotgun, my time with it was limited, but I will fuel the hype train. It's amazing.

N_Force February 19th, 2014 22:54

First of all, I like this shotgun without hop up and just using co2 PUSHING all bbs out of the 12G barrel and spread out. Since it is using wad, the co2 energy is not directly on each bb, it's PUSHING them. I believe that would have alot of lost and reduce power. Secondly, 12 of the .2g bbs doesn't mean that all on one piece in 2.4g, so the total energy should not all on 10.05J, I think should be divided by 12 plus the lost by pushing as far as I understand. Correct me if I'm poor on physics knowledge. Or if I'm lucky to get one to find out.
This design, the worst thing is the reload as you mentioned that I totally agreed. It's a disaster!

I have a double barrel shotgun using GG shell and 6mm barrel. All the bbs i load in the shell, the gas direct pump out all bbs through the 6mm barrel, that minimize the energy lost. Not like this APS one, through the 12 gauge barrel.

Mr. Gruntsworthy February 19th, 2014 23:19

Sorry for going off topic, but who makes a double barrel airsoft shotgun??

N_Force February 19th, 2014 23:34

Wah Sang, the third photo from the link below.

http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=155773&page=2

Corinth February 20th, 2014 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShelledPants (Post 1869456)

I was apprehensive in the beginning because it brought the Hwasan Mad Max Sawn-Off or the Tanaka M1897 Trench to mind, but A.P.S is on the "proprietary wagon" right now and what I've been hearing through the grapevine is that the shells and wadding are fairly cheap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Gruntsworthy (Post 1869509)
To be fair, I could do without hop-up in a shotgun. If I have a shotgun, I'm not trying to be accurate, I'm trying to hit everything.

Better than a springer shotgun shooting a single BB, eh? :cool:

N_Force May 3rd, 2014 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danke (Post 1869455)
If you get one of those in hand for $600 after they're released you can count yourself very lucky.

seems like our very lucky time is here in Canada!