Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Newbie Tank (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Back from the dead... (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=193633)

Donster 125 September 11th, 2018 19:32

Back from the dead...

So this will be a bit of a longer post.

I have been on an airlift hiatus for almost 10 years now. Got out to get into real steel. Love my real steel, always will. However, I am looking to get back into airsoft.

I have many questions that I need answered since A LOT has changed during my time away that I feel like a noob again. Things that I thought were constants, are no longer and guns that used to costs thousands of dollars can now be had for a fraction of that. That's how long ago I was in the community.

To give you all some perspective, I am the individual who wrote this thread.

That thread along dates me, not so much for the time it was written, but for the content that it contains.

Please bear with me as I try to get caught up on the new ins and outs of Canadian airsoft.

To begin, I have emailed the moderator Bloodsport, to see if he can help my regain my old account. My old email that I used is no longer active an I can no longer remember my password for my old account. I would like to try and reclaim it as I was age verified and had a very high, positive, Trader Rating.

If anyone can point me into the direction of a moderator to help me recover my old account, I would appreciate it.

Now, onto my rambling questions (to which I apologize in advance):

I’ve noticed BB Bastard is no longer around. They used to by the epitome of BBs. Who makes the top-tier brand now?

Is TM still king? I have seen the elusive VFG is now plentiful in Canada, along with the brand G&G. Is G&G good to go now? I am interested in the TM 416 Delta because of the ability to closely replicate my real steal in terms of manipulation and reloading. Is this a decent option in today’s day and age?

Who makes the best Glock GBB pistol? Is KWA still a good go-to? Are TM 1911s still amazing?

Which company is worth looking into for a one-stop shop for airsoft guns and upgrades (i.e.: Prometheus inner barrels, etc)?

Lastly, is there a quality gunsmith in the GTA that I can go to?

Thanks to all who post and I am glad to be back!

D

hollywood... September 11th, 2018 19:43

Go see Stryker at Mach1

Donster 125 September 11th, 2018 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywood... (Post 2035484)
Go see Stryker at Mach1

Hello and thank you!

Do I see him to help recover my old account?

Desmodus September 11th, 2018 19:52

Welcome back, I remember you from the old days.

For your questions:

1. BB Bastards are reportedly coming back/are back under new owners. I have no idea if the quality of the bb's is gonna be the same as the old ones. I've been using Elite Force and Krytac bb's and I've had no issues with them.

2. Depends on the gun model of course but VFC is king for AR's and LCT, E&L and Real Sword are still the supreme AK brands. TM AEG's seem to be a thing of the past, don't see too many of them around. G&G is okay.

3. TM pistols for GBB in my experience.

4. Black Blitz in Waterloo is pretty good for guns, parts and teching. Airsoftstore.ca is also good for parts. Toronto Airsoft, Mach1 and Airsoft Depot are decent walk-in stores to check out.

5. GTA gun-techs would be Pestobanana, HKGhost (email only) from my experience, both have done great work for me.

Donster 125 September 11th, 2018 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desmodus (Post 2035486)
Welcome back, I remember you from the old days.

For your questions:

1. BB Bastards are reportedly coming back/are back under new owners. I have no idea if the quality of the bb's is gonna be the same as the old ones. I've been using Elite Force and Krytac bb's and I've had no issues with them.

2. Depends on the gun model of course but VFC is king for AR's and LCT, E&L and Real Sword are still the supreme AK brands. TM AEG's seem to be a thing of the past, don't see too many of them around. G&G is okay.

3. TM pistols for GBB in my experience.

4. Black Blitz in Waterloo is pretty good for guns, parts and teching. Airsoftstore.ca is also good for parts. Toronto Airsoft, Mach1 and Airsoft Depot are decent walk-in stores to check out.

5. GTA gun-techs would be Pestobanana, HKGhost (email only) from my experience, both have done great work for me.

I sincerely appreciate the response! Nice to "see" you again lol

Interesting about the TM guns! Does VFC have the feature where the gun stops working until a new mag is inserted and the bolt catch is depressed?

Lastly, do you have any suggestions as to how to reclaim my old account?

R.I.T.Z September 11th, 2018 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donster 125 (Post 2035487)
I sincerely appreciate the response! Nice to "see" you again lol

Interesting about the TM guns! Does VFC have the feature where the gun stops working until a new mag is inserted and the bolt catch is depressed?

if you want empty mag detection you'll be looking at the KWA ERG series and TM next gen recoils along with Systema and GBLS DAS

BBBastard has come back with new owners and apparently the same factory but https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=186639 this thread has some interesting info.
personally brands for BBs I got for
Eliteforce, HPA, Geoffs

GBBs
TM is still pretty much standard.
WE is good entry level
Armourer Works has done well
KWA has kinda dropped off and I havent seen much of them in the past few years.
As for "Glock" you wont find much since Glock actually stepped into the airsoft market through eliteforce

Retailers in the GTA theres a few.
I usually stop by Mach1 and Airsoftdepot
but theres also Toronto airsoft and Gearupairsoft, theres also airsoftparts.ca, blackblitz, niagaraquartermaster

As for getting back your old account, not much you can do other then contact mods/admins.

Desmodus September 11th, 2018 20:36

To my knowledge, no VFC has that particular feature. If you absolutely have to have bolt lock maybe a gas rifle is more up your alley?

As for your account... PM as many admins as you can haha. I don't know who out of them has that ultimate power.

Full-Auto-Seer September 11th, 2018 21:54

If you're looking for a gun with a "bolt stop," the ASG Scorpion EVO 3-A1 is a sturdy choice. There's a few guys at my field that use 'em and I've never seen them have any issues. It comes in short and long flavours.

Or if you're looking to get into GBB rifles, for some true RS-compatible training, GHK, and TM, are the best. WE is pretty good, but their internals are still a bit "crunchy" sometimes. Honestly, GHK is a bit better choice for Canadians, as CO2 compatibility helps up north, especially in the fall.
(Or even being able to use a GBBR in the winter if you're feeling spicy?)

Donster 125 September 12th, 2018 05:37

A few questions:

1. Have gas guns improved? Are they more durable to repeated use?
2. I’ve noticed that a lot of retailers have a good selection, but all out of stock. Do they get new shipments in regularly?
3. Back in the day, I rocked a decked out TM M14. I see that G&G makes a full metal and wood version that’s TM compatible. Is it worth looking into?

BioRage September 12th, 2018 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donster 125 (Post 2035508)
A few questions:

1. Have gas guns improved? Are they more durable to repeated use?
2. I’ve noticed that a lot of retailers have a good selection, but all out of stock. Do they get new shipments in regularly?
3. Back in the day, I rocked a decked out TM M14. I see that G&G makes a full metal and wood version that’s TM compatible. Is it worth looking into?

1. Yes, lots of quality GBBRs now, as long as you understand the fundamentals of maintenance and clearing your jams (if it occurs).
2. Shipments depending on brands may take several months
3. For AEG, anything past 300 mm isn't beneficial, you can get a nice RHOP Prommy/PDI inner barrel.

hollywood... September 12th, 2018 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donster 125 (Post 2035487)

PM inbound

R.I.T.Z September 12th, 2018 12:54

The g&g m14 is internally mostly tm compatible but mag wise is more classic army based iirc

Donster September 12th, 2018 18:03

And now I’m officially back from the dead! Big thanks to Hollywood for helping me out!

Questions regarding GBBR.

From my understanding VFC AR15s are solid choices. Does that apply to their GBBRs as well?

Can I use a GBBR in CQB due to their seemingly fixed FPS?

When I left airsoft, GBBRs were just in their infancy. There were issues with consistency, use in anything but warm temperatures and bolt longevity due to the meta used. Is that still the case?

I’m thinking of a VFC MK18 GBBR for CQB and a VFC MK12 style GBBR for outdoor use.

BioRage September 13th, 2018 09:08

VFC aegs are a God send.

VFC gbbrs are known to be exceptional on externals and horrible on the internals, also not much aftermarket support, let alone sourcing original parts. If you do consider VFC, I'd get the "forging series" only.

Otherwise, definitely would recommend for GBB M4s: <Stock>

- GHK - Excellent magazines / hop up annoying to adjust / finish is ok / similar to "RS" internals / aeg bucking & inner

- TM MWS - Excellent OOTB / accurate performer / factory cerakoted / very easy to adjust hop / least closest to "RS" / trigger sluggish / vsr10 hopup

- WE - closest to RS (can put almost anything rs on it) / best trigger imo / finish is ok / easy to work on / vsr10 hopup

Donster September 13th, 2018 10:20

Sounds good! So is it still a better option overall to go with AEGs then?