Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Upgrades & Modifications (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Aeg stock mount cutting (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=176179)

_Whiskey_ February 5th, 2016 14:42

Aeg stock mount cutting

1 Attachment(s)
Hey All,

I Have a Echo 1 Platinum M16 that Has a I guess you could call it a extended stock mount. It is 2 inches long as I was hoping to cut it down.
I'm hoping to cut this down to standard size to increase the amount of battery space in this gun since it is has a retractable stock mounted to it instead of the full m16 stock. The picture attached shows the part I'm Talking about. Any Advice or information you guys can throw my way in regards to cutting this piece down to standard size would be great.

Cheers

localfreerider February 5th, 2016 18:13

I don't believe by cutting the stock mount you will gain any space in the buffer tube because the washer that secures the buffer tube to the lower receiver will still be in the same location regardless of your cut.

EOD Steve February 5th, 2016 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by localfreerider (Post 1970700)
I don't believe by cutting the stock mount you will gain any space in the buffer tube because the washer that secures the buffer tube to the lower receiver will still be in the same location regardless of your cut.

That's not the point. It's to mount up a buffer tube to fit a lipo.

OP: Just get a dremel with a metal cutting disk and go at it.

lurkingknight February 6th, 2016 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by localfreerider (Post 1970700)

I think what he's referring to is (e1 platnium/vfcs) the lip that the washer sits on in the buffer tube is what the blockage is, not the stump. The stump only serves as a guide to align the buffer tube.

shelcoof February 6th, 2016 12:52

G&P produces a buffer tube that has plenty of room for a stick lipo. They come stock on G&P Magpul M4s.

It actually is specific for buffer tube lipos. My tube fits an NSR and a stick lipo with ease.

I actually don't know where to find one but I believe I've seen them available over the years on on hong kong retailer sites.

Styrak February 8th, 2016 01:33

Yeah cutting that down is not going to help at all.

localfreerider February 8th, 2016 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by EOD Steve (Post 1970705)
That's not the point. It's to mount up a buffer tube to fit a lipo.

OP: Just get a dremel with a metal cutting disk and go at it.

I am aware of his intentions, but he will gain nothing by cutting the frame unless he has a different stock tube that requires that reduction to fit.

Cmon Steve, I have alot of respect for your builds but even you should know to measure twice and cut once.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelcoof (Post 1970751)
G&P produces a buffer tube that has plenty of room for a stick lipo.

I second this! battery space and stock fit are both excellent but you may need to reduce that portion of the frame to make it fit.

EOD Steve February 8th, 2016 08:01

They make non-lipo buffer tubes still? Wow. I thought that went away with old Marui M4s.

Even VFC E/VR-series guns come with lipo tubes...

OP: if you want one I have literally a bin full of VFC tubes, pm me and it's yours.

Kos-Mos February 8th, 2016 08:09

Yes, you can cut down the receiver to install a LIPO-Specific buffer.
It usually requires less than 1" protruding and come with a shorter screw.
That is what I have on my only electric M4 (tube is KingArms), and I can fit a 6" LiPo stick in there (the stock has some room at the end, so the connectors still fit and I can fully close).

Best solution by far: metal saw and something to clamp the receiver.
wood working vice and a wood worktable is the best as it won't mark the receiver.
Make sure to LEAVE THE MECHBOX IN, otherwise you might crush the receiver with the clamps.

_Whiskey_ February 8th, 2016 08:44

Thanks for all the information guys, I will be posting a updated photo of what I will be cutting down tonight.

_Whiskey_ May 3rd, 2016 08:48

1 Attachment(s)
The left is the stock mount that will be cut down to the standard size of the stock mount on the right.