Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Airsoft Media (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   M-14 EBR (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=28676)

Hades October 11th, 2007 20:26

Thanks Bruce. there is still much work that I want to get done on it which will be my winter project gun. Unfortunly I wont be at border wars due to unforseen circumstances involving work so she's gonna be shooting up zombies at z3.

Also as for all of you out there who have been trying to figure out what the hell that little rail at the rear of the ebr body is for I have the anwser. I emailed Sage Intl. about this and here is what I was told.

11 Oct 07
Jason,

The 1913 Picitanny rail that you are talking about was first engineered for the Navy for a PVS-14 night vision module. It is still used today for night vision scopes and whatever else that you might have a need for. You would of course have to take the scope off when storing the collapsible stock into the closed position. I attached a M14ALCS Brochure and 2007 EBR Chassis Stock System Price List for your review and use. There is a picture on page 3 of the brochure reflecting the use of an optic that you inquired about. If you have any other questions feel free to call or email me. Thank you.

Michael G. Serafin (Sales)
Sage International, Ltd.
Telephone: 989-739-7000
Fax: 989-739-7098

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...8043/ebr11.jpg

Ronan October 12th, 2007 00:33

I just measured my SR-25.

39.5 inches long with no suppressor.
44.5 inches long with the suppressor (more then half of it goes over the barrel).

I couldn't imagine playing with something bigger^^ Altho that m95 is so tempting :p

bruce October 12th, 2007 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hades (Post 552576)

That is one awesome picture. I did see another picture with a NV mounted on that rear rail mount but couldn't confirm if that was really why the rear rail was for.

Thanks for finding that out for us. ILLusion's thread on his SEI M14SE "Crazy Horse" SASS also wondered what the rail was for. I'm sure he would like to know what you discovered also.

mazZza November 30th, 2007 17:02

Hi guys,
Bruce i have a question about your Paintjob, how do you exactly work with that Weeds and that stuff, i ordered a Kart EBR and wanna make a Paint Job too ;). I hope you answer.

greetz mazZza

PS: Im from Germany so far away from your AWESOME airsoft ...

Donster November 30th, 2007 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazZza (Post 585244)
Hi guys,
Bruce i have a question about your Paintjob, how do you exactly work with that Weeds and that stuff, i ordered a Kart EBR and wanna make a Paint Job too ;). I hope you answer.

greetz mazZza

PS: Im from Germany so far away from your AWESOME airsoft ...

guten tag und herzlich wilkommen von Kanada! Im curious, what are the laws in Germany regarding importing airsoft? do you guys have a ridiculous price markup as well?

bruce November 30th, 2007 18:26

I'm using the Krylon Camouflage Paint System spray cans which most of you know and are quite easy to purchase. The colors are Olive Drab, Brown, Khaki and Black.

Using the olive and brown spray cans, I'll apply random broad streaks of each color on the entire gun. Something like what you would see on a simple camouflage gun.

Go into your garden or where ever and gather a bunch of overgrown grass, weeds, plants and roots. Place a handful of whatever you gathered on the olive section of the gun and overspray it with a different color. Try to have the vegetation lie flat on the surface so that you can get a sharp masking line before you start applying the different color. Placing the weed in random angle will also give you that wild growth look. Spray lightly. You can add more paint but it's a bitch if you start having runs because you applied too much paint.

Continue with this down the length of the gun. Always overspraying a different color over the base color. You can redo certain areas over again with the same method. Using the khaki in small shots makes it look like you're seeing the sun behind the grass.

Aquamarine November 30th, 2007 19:25

Bruce: I just want you to know, I just got hard. Very very very nice gun.

mazZza December 1st, 2007 02:54

Thank you bruce ;) #

@Donster 125: Our law is splitted in Airsofts under 0,5J ( Full and Semi auto ) this guns are over 14 Years. And over 0,5 J ( only semi auto ) over the age of 18. So i ordered a reduced Kart M14 EBR from a shop here in Germany cause im only 17 ;) . I hope u asked that cause i didnt really understand what u wanted me to answer xD .

greetz Christoph

Styrak December 1st, 2007 02:59

0.5J? That sucks.

mazZza December 1st, 2007 03:20

Naa not really, did u ever get a BB from a 2,5J Sniper at your ear? Im glad that many ppl are playing with 0,5j ....

Donster December 1st, 2007 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazZza (Post 585523)
Thank you bruce ;) #

@Donster 125: Our law is splitted in Airsofts under 0,5J ( Full and Semi auto ) this guns are over 14 Years. And over 0,5 J ( only semi auto ) over the age of 18. So i ordered a reduced Kart M14 EBR from a shop here in Germany cause im only 17 ;) . I hope u asked that cause i didnt really understand what u wanted me to answer xD .

greetz Christoph

konnen sie Import airsoft von anderes Länder?
Entschuldigung für meine grammatik. Mein Worterbuch helft mich

mazZza December 2nd, 2007 03:51

Then speak english if its a problem for u to speak german ;). Our shops may import Airsoft guns, but they have to either reduce energy to <0,5J or they have to remove the Fullauto mode.

greetz mazZza

mazZza December 6th, 2007 14:14

Did I say something bad, or why dont u answer Donster??? =(

Donster December 6th, 2007 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazZza (Post 589192)
Did I say something bad, or why dont u answer Donster??? =(

sorry i haven't checked this thread in awhile. no my question was does your country have any restrictions against importing airsoft. i put it in German cause when i asked it the first time, your answer was... confusing. your second post made sense though. thanks.

Mike :)