Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Vietnam (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Vietnam in Southern Ontario (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=219262)

NatetheGR8 July 12th, 2019 18:43

Vietnam in Southern Ontario

Hey everyone,

I know this forum has been quiet for a while but how many people here in Southern Ontario have 'Nam' kit or are interested in the era?

I'm in a small group that does Nam and were always looking for new members to join us. Were more into the reenacting side, but also do airsoft and are looking to host a Nam game this year up north. Plus if you ever wanted to branch off into reenacting and really live in the shi*t that's fun too ;).

Just throwing it out there, haven't really seen anyone other than us down here interested.

Cheers.

Desmodus July 12th, 2019 18:47

There used to be a BIG 'Nam group by the name of In Country here. I'm not sure if they are active anymore in the airsoft realm but I do recall them always going to the Southern Ontario Military Muster as reenactors. It might be worth it to contact them to see if they know anyone who's looking to do Namsoft.

NatetheGR8 July 12th, 2019 19:46

Ya our group collaborates with what is left of In Country, though to my knowledge a few members are getting ready to retire.

Swattiger July 12th, 2019 22:51

It is great to see this post !

I have joined some of the In-country games, and have all the period gear and weapons.

But due to working schedule, I can only join some casual airsoft games (one day game) now. Will this work for your group?

NatetheGR8 July 13th, 2019 13:04

It depends really,

It's suppose to be a two day event with the first day being mostly reenacting (humping the bush in our rucks, eating out of C-rats, and creating a little place to sleep that night) + anything else we want to do.

The next day is airsoft, it's on an actual field open to the public so we usually get a few people there to fill in for VC or something though with mostly modern stuff.

So ya it is 'technically' one day of airsoft but it may be a long drive for just one day.

Full-Auto-Seer July 13th, 2019 22:25

I'm from NWO, but I'd be willing to travel a bit for some vintage mil-sim. Hopefully I'll have my M16 working soon; currently I'm using a WE Thompson. I based all my kit around early war stuff, so hopefully I can still fit in.

Swattiger July 14th, 2019 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by NatetheGR8 (Post 2068493)
It depends really,

It's suppose to be a two day event with the first day being mostly reenacting (humping the bush in our rucks, eating out of C-rats, and creating a little place to sleep that night) + anything else we want to do.

The next day is airsoft, it's on an actual field open to the public so we usually get a few people there to fill in for VC or something though with mostly modern stuff.

So ya it is 'technically' one day of airsoft but it may be a long drive for just one day.

Ok. I am in Toronto. Anywhere within 1 1/2 hour drive is good for me.

NatetheGR8 July 14th, 2019 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Full-Auto-Seer (Post 2068504)
I'm from NWO, but I'd be willing to travel a bit for some vintage mil-sim. Hopefully I'll have my M16 working soon; currently I'm using a WE Thompson. I based all my kit around early war stuff, so hopefully I can still fit in.

Early war is fine. My group does the Cold War in general, it's just that most of us have a Vietnam impression so anything goes really.

Being in NWO is pretty far from the proposed site North of Algonquin.

NatetheGR8 July 14th, 2019 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swattiger (Post 2068517)
Ok. I am in Toronto. Anywhere within 1 1/2 hour drive is good for me.

Yea the location we go to is around 4-4.5 hours away above Algonquin. Don't know if that's to far for you.

dwilkinson August 21st, 2019 21:21

In-Country

Hey guys, just saw this, I've been a member of In Country for about 6 years now! The group has slowed down heavily but we have members that are still very active, shoot me a PM for any questions!

Kadamelo August 23rd, 2019 02:21

Due to the work schedule, I have not done anything similar for a long time, but I would have gladly participated. I remember that I once even turned to https://au.edubirdie.com/help-with-nursing-assignments to catch an event. I didn’t regret it because I needed help with nursing assignments, and in addition to everything, I had a great time then.