Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Canadian Airsoft News Stand (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   Canada Post Fraud warning (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=139640)

LongStone April 24th, 2012 17:54

Canada Post Fraud warning

Mail Fraud warning:
Subject: URGENT : Package delivery failed!

get one of those from Canada post disregard, it gives a legit tracking # you can check on the site, but the mail headers are spoofed and the last link

"To download the shipping receipt, in PDF format" is an exploit coming from some Chinese company "brilliant-city-ent"

I've called canadapost and they are aware of it, just thought I should raise the flag here.

bean April 24th, 2012 18:00

Thanks for the warning longstone

5kull April 24th, 2012 18:07

Thanks, good to know.

Shirley April 24th, 2012 18:33

Yeah, there's alot of these scams.

There's FedEx and UPS too.

Shipping reciepts are never put on PDF file for you in e-mails.

venture April 24th, 2012 18:39

I see Canada Post has a warning about the same scam on their homepage.

ThunderCactus April 24th, 2012 18:46

Got the same thing from USPS as well

Al3xqc April 25th, 2012 14:46

1 thing that would fix and prevent this problem would be putting the size & details of the package as well as the shipping destination when you input the tracking code on the website.

You can't get fooled with these details unless these chinese hackers can find your details about the package.

jordan7831 April 25th, 2012 18:26

True but can you honestly say you remember the size and weight of your packages. I can barely remember them from the time I measure to the time I type it into the website. Though I guess they could put the dimensions on the reciept.

Nova316 April 25th, 2012 22:24

All my receipts have weight and measurements on them? Helps me remember where I have packages going to and what has been received haha

Styrak April 25th, 2012 22:41

The first thing that should raise suspicions is why or how they sent you an email.

Canada Post does not have your email address.

jordan7831 April 25th, 2012 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Styrak (Post 1644798)
The first thing that should raise suspicions is why or how they sent you an email.

Canada Post does not have your email address.

Actually the does have your email if you have filed a claim with them before. They nearly lost a package of mine and I gave them my email so they could keep me updated. When I filed a late delivery claim they sent an email to me with a reference number and the amount to be refunded.

Styrak April 26th, 2012 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordan7831 (Post 1644802)
Actually the does have your email if you have filed a claim with them before. They nearly lost a package of mine and I gave them my email so they could keep me updated. When I filed a late delivery claim they sent an email to me with a reference number and the amount to be refunded.

I doubt they keep them, and they would not know who to send an email to anyway. There's too many variables.

jordan7831 April 26th, 2012 13:42

They kept my email. It was 5 months in between those two instances.

Danke April 26th, 2012 13:50

Actually a few folks on here ship by mail with notifications. I had one package from Vancouver come to me with a ship and delivered email.

Styrak April 26th, 2012 18:16

Yes, if you sign up for notifications by giving them your email address, correct?