Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   General (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Differences between airsoft and real firearms. (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=110803)

Belaslav September 11th, 2010 19:48

Differences between airsoft and real firearms.

If you're ever placed in a situation where a firearm is pointed at you, how can you tell if it's a real firearm or an airsoft replica? What details should you look for?

Spawn28 September 11th, 2010 19:49

inner barrel diameter?

Red tip....lol

Gas fill valve in the mag if its a GBB pistol

Mr.Shiney September 11th, 2010 19:55

Do you really want to take the chance you guessed wrong?

Styrak September 11th, 2010 19:56

Oh geez...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belaslav (Post 1313533)
If you're ever placed in a situation where a firearm is pointed at you, how can you tell if it's a real firearm or an airsoft replica? What details should you look for?

Because you said it's a firearm. Case closed!

Assault Pioneer September 11th, 2010 20:27

omg this is common knowledge already...

YouTube - Snatch - "Bullet Tooth Tony" (Two types of balls)

vinnie ftw

Belaslav September 11th, 2010 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Shiney (Post 1313536)
Do you really want to take the chance you guessed wrong?

No, not really. But I am not asking this because I'm bored or because I'm planning to do something stupid.

I want to know this for proper risk evaluation if I ever get faced with such a situation. Basically, the decision of simply running away from the danger, or whether I would have to fight for my life.

Kokanee September 11th, 2010 21:34

IMHO, if someone points what looks like a firearm at you, don't take chances; treat it like the real thing 100%.

Better question, why are people sticking firearms in your face? Rough part of town? Work at the quickie mart?

optix September 11th, 2010 21:50

better idea

go learn self defense disarmement
you have a better chance at that versus guessing whether the gun pointed at you is real or not

BobbyDangerous September 11th, 2010 21:59

Systema ;)

gunscythe September 11th, 2010 22:02

YouTube - Pulp Fiction - Marvin Shot

In this law enforcement training video, Marvin thought it was a replica. Let me know if he was right or wrong.

BobbyDangerous September 11th, 2010 22:03

LOL Marvin

cjboi September 11th, 2010 22:04

Airsoft or Real gun, treat it like a real one.

Buzzrexx September 11th, 2010 23:20

In my experience, when some masked goon walks up to you with someting that looks a hell of a lot like a gun, and demands you hand over the cash, you just totally freak out and just do what he says almost robotically. Then afterward you get to thinking, "what if I had..."

Mind you, if you are staring into the rough-sawn edges of a metal 12-guage shotgun barrel, chances are its real...:rolleyes:

Nik12 September 12th, 2010 09:49

Just do what the Police do: assume it's real. Pulling out your own firearm and demanded the mugger drop his weapon is optional.

Blackthorne September 12th, 2010 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belaslav (Post 1313533)

You are pretty much stuck looking for the inner barrel. Of course, the guy could have just taken it out to make it look more like a real gun.

Depending on the angle of the light you might be able to look for rifling. I am not sure if AS outers duplicate to that level.

Perhaps looking for the seam where a plastic slide was glued together on a cheap springer?

Unless you are familiar with the variances between real firearms and their airsoft knockoffs, you pretty much have to go with what everyone else says here. You kinda have to assume it's real.