Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   USA (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   US Special Forces (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=36901)

Graham April 4th, 2007 23:25

US Special Forces

this is my take on the Us Special Forces operator impression. None of my kits are ever 100% true to life, but more to my specific tastes. This mentality goes well with SF type kits, as they use what works. hell, I've seen a photo where on man made a sling out of duct-tape. the whole sling haha.

anyways, heres some pics with the kit list!

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/8493/p1000326cd1.jpg

OD ball cap
od shamagh
CF issue wool sweater (will wear black or OD t shirt in summer, or 3-color jacket)
Phantom plate carrier
US webbing (y susp. pistol belt, King Arms buttpack, drop leg holster and dump pouch)
3-color desert pants
issued desert boots

swatt13 April 4th, 2007 23:30

man your one sexy bitch graham lol. all you need now is a pair of shades and one mean ass beard.

Pip April 4th, 2007 23:35

Nice paint job on the 14, yeah a big bugger beard is definately the iceing on the cake so to speak...

Graham April 4th, 2007 23:38

haha, I just shaved my beard about a week ago (much to itchy!)

Swatt13, I'm into chicks (not hicks), sorry. maybe in another life time haha.

Pip, yeah the m14 turned out pretty good for half an hour in the basement with Testors spray cans hah

MadMorbius July 10th, 2007 07:46

GET DIRTY.

gamz July 10th, 2007 09:26

Grow some facial hair, will more closely resemble the part.

-Skeletor- July 10th, 2007 16:32

get some oakley's an ditch the earrings

Graham September 2nd, 2007 14:33

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1108/mege5.jpg

new gear, better look

still not hardcore enough to grow a beard (had one, to damn itchy)

Yuxi September 2nd, 2007 19:00

1. ditch the shemagh.

2. take off the special forces patch (Almost no one in real life wears it anyhow).

3. if you are handy with a sewing machine, remove the upper and lower pockets on your jacket, move the lower pockets to where the upper was originally, then move the upper pockets to your arms side of your arms at an angle, most SF use modded jackets like this so when wearing armor they still have access to their pockets.

4. change your ciras pouch setup. Center the mag pouches, take out the grenade one, consider putting in the radio one if anything just for looks. Consider moving your pistol one lower, and centering your admin pouch too.
Also, if you have the cash, buy a tan maritime instead, otherwise, consider painting your od land tan, even if you are doing a woodland impression, it will look alot better when you do that.

5. wear your duty belt over your top, and tuck your top into your pants. Both are optional, I just think they look neater and professional.

Graham September 2nd, 2007 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuxi (Post 529904)
1. ditch the shemagh.
keeps my neck from burning, and keeps me cool in hot temps

2. take off the special forces patch (Almost no one in real life wears it anyhow).
meh

3. if you are handy with a sewing machine, remove the upper and lower pockets on your jacket, move the lower pockets to where the upper was originally, then move the upper pockets to your arms side of your arms at an angle, most SF use modded jackets like this so when wearing armor they still have access to their pockets.
I'm not good with a sewing machine, and much to lazy

4. change your ciras pouch setup. Center the mag pouches, take out the grenade one, consider putting in the radio one if anything just for looks. Consider moving your pistol one lower, and centering your admin pouch too.
Also, if you have the cash, buy a tan maritime instead, otherwise, consider painting your od land tan, even if you are doing a woodland impression, it will look alot better when you do that.
I don't have a grenade pouch :p. O prefer the OD in our area, works better then tan and I think it looks better

5. wear your duty belt over your top, and tuck your top into your pants. Both are optional, I just think they look neater and professional.I tried, but my top pulls out as the day goes on so I leave it like this. plus i stay cooler in the heat

thanks for your input.

like I stated in my original post, I usually just go with what works for me, and keep my look loosely based on the SF

Ronan September 2nd, 2007 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham (Post 529910)
thanks for your input.

like I stated in my original post, I usually just go with what works for me
, and keep my look loosely based on the SF

+1

Vince September 2nd, 2007 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuxi (Post 529904)
1. ditch the shemagh.

5. wear your duty belt over your top, and tuck your top into your pants. Both are optional, I just think they look neater and professional.

I have quite some pictures of SF in woodland RAV, woodland and OD AWS CQB carrier, so IMO the OD CIRAS is OK if he's not going for 100% perfect.
The Tan CIRAS are quite new trend in the SF community I'd say. I even have a picture of an operator in Philipines who wears a woodland IBA!!

Personnaly I would put a small utility pouch instead of the pistol mag pouch

Graham September 2nd, 2007 21:35

then where would I put my pistol mags? hmmmmmm? haha

I'll take a look at it tonight, see if I can clean it up a bit

Vince September 2nd, 2007 21:53

Well it's all up to you in the end, but most pics I have, the pistol mags are carried on a belt (LC3 or MOLLE)

Kimbo September 2nd, 2007 22:41

alot of guys will carry their pistol mags on thier primary line (belt) so that if they have to quick ditch their armor they still have ammo for thier secondary weapon.