Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Frequently Asked Questions (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   TM Airsoft Mini (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=16362)

CalvinTat September 26th, 2005 23:37

TM Airsoft Mini

Just wonder if these can make it accross the USA/Canada Border. To me, logically, since these guns are so deformed and obviously not real fire arms they should be able to get accross customs.

I want them for plinking nothing else.

PTE. Pyle September 26th, 2005 23:43

nope

GMTII September 26th, 2005 23:47

CalvinTat September 26th, 2005 23:54

I'm not worried, these is a guy on ebay with a Mini AK47 for $15usd, figured I would ask before buying.

GMTII September 27th, 2005 00:08

Lisa September 27th, 2005 16:51

Since "minis" are not 1:1 to any guns they're not "replicas", they're toys and not covered by any firearms laws.

yanhchan September 27th, 2005 17:24

Wow....wait what if someone made a gun that is like....um...4/5th scale so its very close to the real gun what would happen then? Just wondering thats all

softairaction September 27th, 2005 17:28

siezed probly like the tm boys ones

GMTII September 27th, 2005 18:17

The Saint September 27th, 2005 22:36

Huh, this makes me want to get a mini for the silly chibi factor in the future. :D

GMTII September 28th, 2005 00:07

Syphen September 28th, 2005 06:37

Mini's are good for the silly chibi factor. Ask anyone who I've killed with my mini mp5 @ games and how embarassing it was :P

softairaction September 28th, 2005 07:56

lol ahahaha that embariassing. hope it doesnt happen to me

firemachine69 September 28th, 2005 13:40

Yes, they will. I remember seeing minis being on the exemption list.

Shipping will rape you though.

My very first airsoft was a Cyma springer, or springers I should say. A smallish handgun (which, in a way, could still "resemble" a real firearm), and a disassembled rifle, which through X-ray. Its size was about 2/3rd's of a real rifle. Got through customs without a hitch, didn't even pay for customs. :D

yanhchan September 28th, 2005 16:17

I strongly urge ppl to buy from Canadian retailers rather than trying to sneak guns through customs...unless you enjoy body cavity searches....Just wondering tho Do ppl use Minis as side arms. I'd love to use one as a side arm just for the hell of it

Mexican October 28th, 2005 10:06

A friend of mine bought a mini as his first gun. He got the gun, but only after it was thrown through customs for a good three months. When he recieved the gun there was a whole bunch of 'return to sender' stickers, and 'do not send' stickers by customs.

Bob the Angry Potato October 28th, 2005 10:08

Damn... never known a Mini to be held up before. That's odd...

What mini was it? If it was the Uzi, they may have had some reason, as that could probably, with some more painting and finish, pass off as an Uzi pistol to some unsuspecting soccer-mom.

firemachine69 October 28th, 2005 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by PTE. Pyle
nope

Actually, yes. They're exempt, because size clearly distincts them from being real.

The Uzi may be because it's "too close" to a micro uzi. A mini M16, however, I can't see that resembling anything real. Walmart sells more realistic things.

ssp21 October 29th, 2005 01:26

you know what really horrible, i have a freind that isnt willing/able to spend the moeny on a decent AEG, so shi plan is to cover himself with canadiantire springers and use a tm Boy type electric as his main gun. so far he hasnt done it, but i cringe at the thought of seeing him come up to our feild and try to compete against the players running full size AEG's. whats even worse, by the time he would be finished paying for all the guns he wiould be using he would almost have parid for a TM AEG. i really hope he waits and saves up his scratch.

Newber October 31st, 2005 00:20

When I was in Washington State I bought a springer Sig P226 and it got thru
customs easy, he didn't even look at it :? It really suprised me.

Lokes October 31st, 2005 02:49

Regulations that are on paper and regulations that are enforced are unfortunately two entirely different things at the canadian customs office it seems.
I don't recommend taking the chance due to someone elses random success.

Arvara January 31st, 2006 02:06

Um, this will be a stupid question, but what are Boy type electric guns?

Mini electrics are good for those who want to start on a tight budget, don't care at all about realisim, and enjoy the fact that they can play almost anywhere.

Greylocks January 31st, 2006 06:36

Minis have nearly zero range. Come on... you cant find anything on this website about the Marui Boys series?

Imagine a Marui, but 3/4 size, that uses AA batteries and a plastic mechbox.

Not worth buying. And you did not have to resurrect an old thread; use the Search option instead.

Arvara February 1st, 2006 02:30

Eh, I suppose it depends on how much you want to play. I think it's safe to say that a mini-electric gun is safe for casual use around the backyard, it's really hard to mistake one of those things for a real gun, and so it's somewhere in between a dart gun and airsoft.

I used the seach feature with Boy type electric, copied and pasted from the post above. I got one result. This thread.

Greylocks February 1st, 2006 06:25

Because it's 'BOYS', not BOY. You can also check the International Retailers. You wont find much of anything here because they are so bad the threads got deleted. The only two guns that are worse are EBB and Minis.

And you should know by now... DONT PLAY IN BACKYARDS!!! The type of guns DOES NOT MATTER!

I dont understand you. You started by listening to what you were told, but now you insist on ignoring any intelligent advice you were already told.

You know something? Go ahead, be dense. We know nothing after all. Play anytime you want, where you want, with what you want. You're not listening, so we'll read about you, and so will other local game organizers. I wonder what they will do?

I'll take one last chance at poking your brain into gear; this thread is in the FAQ because this question gets asked too often and we were tired to say they are crap. And here you are, going against advice that was so good it got placed here... what do you think it means?

Aquamarine February 1st, 2006 16:25

I personally brought more than a dozen of those peices of crap across. I -WAS- pulled aside and all of my luggage was gone through. Four customs officials looked closely at the guns, and then stuffed all my belongings back into my bag and then let me go on my way.

There ya go... first-hand experience.

LucidFox February 1st, 2006 17:01

I'll make a Master list or something.

*fine...

Aquamarine February 1st, 2006 21:02

No, please don't.

TEAM-JOG February 3rd, 2006 08:16

over here in Québec, a store called SAIL SURPLUS sells all the mini's (i got a mini uzi there 2 weeks ago for 30$) they prety much have all the clear guns too and also some marui's i believe

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...g/DSCN3412.jpg

remington410 February 25th, 2006 13:32

yes i also went there and bought a mini mp5 for the same price they have a small selection of mini's i think they have about 6-7 different models

Stukadivebomber May 20th, 2006 21:21

I know this is sort of off topic but it might interest you guys. I went to Korea this Summer and bought an Academy m9 for 10 buck and trust me it's not a piece of crap. It had fixed hop up and the mag sticks out about 1" but the rest is good with realist stripping and everything. My dad went on a buisness trip there and he brought it back. I asked him how and he said that he told the security that it was only a child's toy and they let him through. I think Korean security isn't as tough or maybe i got lucky. It obviously has to be in the luggage though and I don't think larger ones will make it through either.

surebet May 20th, 2006 22:21

Actually, I'm suprised Canadian Customs didn't rape him.

MinusII May 21st, 2006 00:22

yeah, seriously.

mikeh0303 June 3rd, 2006 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik_james
Mini's are really fun providing you already own a couple aeg's and have a bit of experience working with the internals. Really though, I'd just go to Canadian tire and buy a clear plastic one and paint it up to make it look nice. That way if the gun breaks down, you can take it back to canadian tire and buy replacement parts for dirt cheap.

Erik

They wont take it back if its painted

Greylocks June 3rd, 2006 09:19

Then... dont buy one? Wait until you can do this legally?

sethhennig June 11th, 2006 22:12

[QUOTE=yanhchan]I strongly urge ppl to buy from Canadian retailers rather than trying to sneak guns through customs...unless you enjoy body cavity searches....Just wondering tho Do ppl use Minis as side arms. I'd love to use one as a side arm just for the hell of it[/QUOT

( seth hennig) i do. but i was wondering if you have buy a airsoft gun in canada that is clear or can it be colored and if so where
:-)

Mantelope June 11th, 2006 22:22

Look up.

Greylocks June 12th, 2006 06:31

[QUOTE=sethhennig]
Quote:

Originally Posted by yanhchan
I strongly urge ppl to buy from Canadian retailers rather than trying to sneak guns through customs...unless you enjoy body cavity searches....Just wondering tho Do ppl use Minis as side arms. I'd love to use one as a side arm just for the hell of it[/QUOT

( seth hennig) i do. but i was wondering if you have buy a airsoft gun in canada that is clear or can it be colored and if so where
:-)

If you are over 18, and can see the Canadian Retailers button at the top of each page... then click on it? You can buy whatever you want.

If you can see the FAQ button, you can click that too (yes, this is part of it, read the rest). And feel free to take a few seconds to fill your profile properly?

wireless-mike July 13th, 2006 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik_james
Mini's are really fun providing you already own a couple aeg's and have a bit of experience working with the internals. Really though, I'd just go to Canadian tire and buy a clear plastic one and paint it up to make it look nice. That way if the gun breaks down, you can take it back to canadian tire and buy replacement parts for dirt cheap.

Erik

they wont let you take it back when it is painted :'(

SuperCkicken September 24th, 2006 21:31

i dunno doesnt sound to hard to do, my friend brought overa few gbb and springers from taiwan lol

Aquamarine September 24th, 2006 21:40

Dude, leave dead threads alone, please.

Comrade Jeff Jamison December 11th, 2007 21:04

What are some Canadian retailers, that are reliable?

skalnok December 11th, 2007 22:07

please dont revive dead threads with posts that are irrelevant to the original post

and at the top of the page there is a bar and on it it says Canadian Retailers

007 and A&A are the only ones that sell airsoft in canada.

Greylocks December 12th, 2007 06:26

It's sad when they dont even read a thread in the Information Section that contains their answers... talk about zero effort.

Bowers December 13th, 2007 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comrade Jeff Jamison (Post 593427)
What are some Canadian retailers, that are reliable?

since you probly cannot see the canadian retailers page i will be nice

007 is probly the best retailer and since i know you or someone will comment on the prices trust us that is normal in canada

www.007airsoft.com

a&a also sell a wide variety of guns as well as army surplus stuff if you want gear

www.aasurplus.ca