Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Canadian Airsoft News Stand (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   FCC 2013 new release (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=152394)

wildcard September 4th, 2013 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heater (Post 1830568)
Is FCC selling those rails separately?

Yes coming out soon

SCG48 September 13th, 2013 20:03

Damm them look sexy...

xav1982 March 13th, 2014 00:15

Any update on fcc stuff in Canada ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThunderCactus March 13th, 2014 12:45

I worked on an FTW a few weeks ago that suffered from all the standard problems
$3000 race rifle
-motor hole bored too large and out of center, so the motor moved side to side, had to shim around the motor head boss to reduce movement
-motor pins slightly loose
-8 shims on the buffer tube cap and has the dented cap instead of the hole
-body pins were a loose fit
-cylinder needed regreasing
-motor needed it's height adjusted (especially since it moved side to side)
-uses an FCC 2.5 motor which is a decent armature with a shitbox body
-hop mod was done, works, but very shoddy

Only good thing about this one was the gears meshed properly
however the cap for the planetary gears was too tight and crushed the sun gear bearing

Sooooo their track record for the mechanical still sucks
Their boards seem to be pretty good though

Azathoth March 13th, 2014 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderCactus (Post 1875498)
I worked on an FTW a few weeks ago that suffered from all the standard problems
$3000 race rifle
-motor hole bored too large and out of center, so the motor moved side to side, had to shim around the motor head boss to reduce movement
-motor pins slightly loose
-8 shims on the buffer tube cap and has the dented cap instead of the hole
-body pins were a loose fit
-cylinder needed regreasing
-motor needed it's height adjusted (especially since it moved side to side)
-uses an FCC 2.5 motor which is a decent armature with a shitbox body
-hop mod was done, works, but very shoddy

Only good thing about this one was the gears meshed properly
however the cap for the planetary gears was too tight and crushed the sun gear bearing

Sooooo their track record for the mechanical still sucks
Their boards seem to be pretty good though

I had one come my way for a tune up as well similar issues.

I"ve been to homes of other (X)TW repairmen to trade spare parts and talk shop, I have seen piles of stripped FCC gears, two large coffee cans of dead motors. Didnt give me much confidence. Considering FCC guns make up the minority of the TW population seeing the overwhelming majority of dead FCC TW parts is a cause for concern.

ThunderCactus March 13th, 2014 22:37

I'm their their designs are good, but their manufacturing process is just plain garbage.
The best plan isn't worth anything if your manufacturing can't hold the tolerances lol

I'm still curious to check out an FCC 3.0 though. I know the 2.5's construction is just garbage.

rainzoro March 14th, 2014 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderCactus (Post 1875723)
I'm still curious to check out an FCC 3.0 though. I know the 2.5's construction is just garbage.

we've had dozens of 3.0 imported here in Korea and I can tell you right now the quality is piss poor if not worse than the 2.5 so don't waste your money.

I've also had all the same problems on my $4,000 FCC, and especially the motor hole issue bothered me a lot so I sent the lower receiver for a replacement. After a month I received a FCC bag as a "compensation gift" for not being able to help. This really drove me nuts.

ThunderCactus March 14th, 2014 13:40

That's because they don't HAVE a functional lower lol

Azathoth March 14th, 2014 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainzoro (Post 1875775)
we've had dozens of 3.0 imported here in Korea and I can tell you right now the quality is piss poor if not worse than the 2.5 so don't waste your money.

I've also had all the same problems on my $4,000 FCC, and especially the motor hole issue bothered me a lot so I sent the lower receiver for a replacement. After a month I received a FCC bag as a "compensation gift" for not being able to help. This really drove me nuts.

Thank you for the info. I am so glad I didn't buy a FCC motor

Drunk_Albertan March 14th, 2014 17:08

I'm glad I didn't buy an FCC anything after reading this thread.

ThunderCactus March 14th, 2014 17:57

I've still got an FCC 2.5 in my SR15
basically their armature is decent, it DOES last on a 3s lipo
other issues include;
pinion gear made of creamy havarti
two bearing design instead of standardized 3 bearing design that systema uses
low torque compared to other motors
upon disassembling, I found the upper and lower heads were unmachined castings. The bearing in the motor head was actually fairly loose, which is where the overheating issue comes from.

Azathoth March 14th, 2014 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderCactus (Post 1875960)
I've still got an FCC 2.5 in my SR15
basically their armature is decent, it DOES last on a 3s lipo
other issues include;
pinion gear made of creamy havarti
two bearing design instead of standardized 3 bearing design that systema uses
low torque compared to other motors
upon disassembling, I found the upper and lower heads were unmachined castings. The bearing in the motor head was actually fairly loose, which is where the overheating issue comes from.

you just reminded me on the stupid number of pinion gears that i replaced over the winter. I have replaced about 24 pinion gears. Celsius makes a better pinion.

mcguyver March 15th, 2014 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azathoth (Post 1875975)
you just reminded me on the stupid number of pinion gears that i replaced over the winter. I have replaced about 24 pinion gears. Celsius makes a better pinion.

I would have replaced about 6-8, but 4 of the FCC motors went into the garbage. Nothing there worth salvaging. And the "repair and mod" work I have seen from a certain FCC fellow out west has been nothing short of appalling.

Do not buy their products. Do not get your work done by their techs. Avoid them at all costs. Buy a Systema.

It would appear that Suzutomo has gotten into bed with FCC. Another manufacturer to avoid now unfortunately.

I would place their steel quality in their gear train no higher than gouda myself.

ThunderCactus March 15th, 2014 13:31

I would argue that FCC has nowhere to go but up at this point lol
suzutomo already has a good product, and they actually show they have a CNC machine (rumor is FCC does actually have any CNC machines at all)

I'd say the plan is to put suzutomo receivers on the FTWs. But they would surely jack up the price by quite a bit, and you'd still have to deal with all the other FCC problems that aren't receiver related...

redneck12 March 15th, 2014 15:31

I was looking at their rails and a few other bits and bobs, how are they quality wise.