Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Canadian Airsoft News Stand (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   Alleged Charges Imitation Firearms-READ*** (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=150244)

sammynac99 January 29th, 2013 14:13

Alleged Charges Imitation Firearms-READ***

This was shocking to read.......... Thoughts?

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsr...pdfs/25585.pdf

Deadpool January 29th, 2013 14:25

3 dumbasses shooting bb guns at parked cars isn't shocking news.

It's just dumbasses doing dumbass things.

The sky isn't falling. carry on.

paulwes83 January 29th, 2013 14:35

lol Sounds about right for that area

Zeonprime January 29th, 2013 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadpool (Post 1753397)

here's hoping that Randy Robinson and Jackson Jovanovich arent any dumbasses we know :)

Thenooblord January 29th, 2013 14:38

wasnt me!

sammynac99 January 29th, 2013 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadpool (Post 1753397)

LOL, these "dumbasses" could table legislation that could ban airsoft/airguns, this is very relevant, unless you dont want to play airsoft anymore or own any imitation firearms. its things like this that tabled the bill in york region to stop the display and sale of uncontrolled imitation firearms.

Deadpool January 29th, 2013 14:49

If they'd banned airsoft everytime there was a dumbass being caught shooting his airsoft/bb/pellet gun at cars in public, we would'nt be playing airsoft rightnow.

do a little media search and you'll see how many times that happens.

Yes they were stupid, But at least the news media didn't go after the story with pitchforks.

As I said, the sky isn't falling. Carry on.

sammynac99 January 29th, 2013 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadpool (Post 1753417)
If they'd banned airsoft everytime there was a dumbass being caught shooting his airsoft/bb/pellet gun at cars in public, we would'nt be playing airsoft rightnow. (and saying its not a big deal that this happens doesnt effect the whole community?)

do a little media search and you'll see how many times that happens.( it happens quite often, but that being said you shouldnt be endorsing it by saying the sky isnt falling)

Yes they were stupid, But at least the news media didn't go after the story with pitchforks. EDIT: Has not yet gone after the story with pitchforks.

As I said, the sky isn't falling. Carry on.

All in all you are beginning to flame this. This is a incident that make the entire imitation uncontrolled firearm community look bad. by saying its not the end of the world and they are just dumbasses is overlooking the fact that this COULD seriously impact the sport. Like they are trying to do in york region right now due to multiple incidents.

Brian McIlmoyle January 29th, 2013 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammynac99 (Post 1753412)
LOL, these "dumbasses" could table legislation that could ban airsoft/airguns, this is very relevant, unless you dont want to play airsoft anymore or own any imitation firearms. its things like this that tabled the bill in york region to stop the display and sale of uncontrolled imitation firearms.

OMG.. this is the first time EVAR that such a thing has happened!

(today at least .. of course this happens nearly weekly.. in the GTA and daily many times Canada wide.. and has done so for as long a pellet and BB guns have existed)

Disco_Dante January 29th, 2013 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammynac99 (Post 1753423)
All in all you are beginning to flame this. This is a incident that make the entire imitation uncontrolled firearm community look bad. by saying its not the end of the world and they are just dumbasses is overlooking the fact that this COULD seriously impact the sport. Like they are trying to do in york region right now due to multiple incidents.

This literally happens every other week. Just relax.

sammynac99 January 29th, 2013 15:07

If they Pass that bill in york region to ban the open sale of uncontrolled firearms, it will create a regional precedent, this is just to bring attention to what not to do. I'm very calm, just upset that the actions of a few could ruin it for a majority.

Brian McIlmoyle January 29th, 2013 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammynac99 (Post 1753433)
If they Pass that bill in york region to ban the open sale of uncontrolled firearms, it will create a regional precedent, this is just to bring attention to what not to do. I'm very calm, just upset that the actions of a few could ruin it for a majority.

Ok lets do this.. I'll get my time machine out of storage, and you and I can go back to yesterday, and find these guys and try to talk some sense into them before they do this.

it's done.. the stupid is out of the bag.. how does reporting this and having uselss ASC conversation #4B do anything about it?

you are preaching to the choir here..

sammynac99 January 29th, 2013 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle (Post 1753437)
Ok lets do this.. I'll get my time machine out of storage, and you and I can go back to yesterday, and find these guys and try to talk some sense into them before they do this.

it's done.. the stupid is out of the bag.. how does reporting this and having uselss ASC conversation #4B do anything about it?

you are preaching to the choir here..

Ok, where do you store your time machine :D.

and youre right, they caught 19 charges and its done, good point, just thought it would be relevant.

Brian McIlmoyle January 29th, 2013 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammynac99 (Post 1753438)
Ok, where do you store your time machine :D.

and youre right, they caught 19 charges and its done, good point, just thought it would be relevant.

I'm not telling...

it's not irrelevant, but it's not new, or even noteworthy as anything but a cautionary tale.

if telling idiots to not be idiots actually worked.. there would be no idiots.. take a look around.. it ain't working

Zeonprime January 29th, 2013 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle (Post 1753424)
OMG.. this is the first time EVAR that such a thing has happened!

Snort :) you sir are not allowed to make me laugh hot coffee through my nostrils!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammynac99 (Post 1753433)

Ok, so we dont get into a debate over the serious nature of the event.

First. The incident was in Toronto, not York Region. Do you have links to media outlets carrying the story?

Second. The York Region ban you are referring to will not create an end to airsoft and there are already other municipal (York Region is Municipal) level laws on the books now that would already set precendents (Dont ask me which ones, cause frankly you can google just as well as I can).

Third. ASC isnt the airsoft police. We can kick people off ASC but that will not change what happens in the real world. Sadly enough activities as such in the police blotter posted are not rare by any means, whether it be a BB gun (the release does not state airsoft so we are assuming it is airsoft), paintball gun, nerf gun or an airsoft gun. As long as there are stupid people, stupid things will happen.

LOL, Brian form #4B

sammynac99 January 29th, 2013 15:30

it was just to bring it to attention.

Zeonprime January 29th, 2013 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammynac99 (Post 1753448)
it was just to bring it to attention.

Which is great. Don't get me wrong it's good to know. But as Brian said, there isnt anything we can do about it (paraphrasing the mighty bearded one of course)

Hectic January 29th, 2013 15:50

Agreed not much we can do about it and id venture a guess that his type of thing will unfotunately become even more common now that AS guns can be had for half the price they wer when I started and also the fact that there are many walk in retailers cause those wer non existant 4-5 years ago.
The good of it is it says BB guns and doesnt say airsoft directly also I doubt they are members of our fourms or players of the game cause if they wer they would know it would be way more fun to get out to a game and shoot at their friends/aquaintences rather then shooting at static targets that dont fight back.
Shame that you cant fix stupid but id bet that they wont do somethin so retarded again based on the charges they are facing they may even see some jail time, at least in remand custody and they will hopefully educate all their lil friends about how utterly dumb it is to use bb/airsoft/replica firearms in such a manner.
Good news Is noone got hurt and they didnt try n use em to commit armed robbery or somethin even more dumb then what they did do, heck folks have done this type of thing with PB guns way befor airsoft was popular and that causes alot more property damage and clean up

Jimski January 29th, 2013 16:04

sticky peanut butter

Brian McIlmoyle January 29th, 2013 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimski (Post 1753468)
sticky peanut butter

and buttery crumpets

Towe1ey January 29th, 2013 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimski (Post 1753468)
sticky peanut butter

Lmao, what is with you and peanut butter? It's hilarious.

Zeonprime January 29th, 2013 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle (Post 1753473)
and buttery crumpets

In your beard? :)

m102404 January 29th, 2013 17:34

Hectic....FFS start writing in coherent sentences!!!

FirestormX January 29th, 2013 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by m102404 (Post 1753509)
Hectic....FFS start writing in coherent sentences!!!

It made sense to me. Maybe it's the paragraph structure that looks weird? (or lack thereof/wonky structure?)

Hectic January 29th, 2013 18:17

Sorry im not so book smart my spelling, punctuation, sentance and paragraph structure have always sucked. Never passed an english class in my life. Kicked the hell out of woodworking, automotive and electricity class, just never showed up for exams and such, did alot of dumb shit when i was a kid that kept me far to busy for fancy schooling and what not plus im posting from my phone so i slack even more and sort of just type without pausing for silly things like commas and periods.
The moral stay in school kids and type with a keyboard not a touch screen or the asc grammer police will get ya.
Lol sorry Tys ill work on my writing skills so you can better read my ramblings.

Conker January 29th, 2013 20:46

It's not said whether these are airsoft guns or pellet guns.

Armyissue January 29th, 2013 22:01

Do not use sticky peanut butter to convert your springer to full auto. It has a Roman candle effect and if fired into the lower stratosphere will cause definate sky falling effects. Anyone caught with this prohibited substance will be banned from ASC and made to feel Sad for a couple days.

Jimski January 29th, 2013 22:03

you can get 3 rounds burst if you use buttery crumpets with it

Spartan_Red February 1st, 2013 13:06

From what I understand there were about 50 different car windows shot out around Brantford over Christmas. Drive-bys. It happens everywhere. I'd love to get my hands on those clownshoes.

Anyways if something were to happen as a result it would be the city by-laws. Hit you in your pocket first.

Spartan_Red February 1st, 2013 13:47

Ahh found it.... for Brantford. Every city is different. That's how the trouble starts.

537.1.1 Discharge - prohibited - exceptions
No person or persons shall discharge guns or other firearms and
air-guns, spring-guns, cross-bows, long-bows, or any class or type
thereof within the limits of the City of Brantford; provided, however,
that the provisions of this Chapter shall not apply to the following:
(a) police and peace officers in the legal performance of their duties
or when receiving training and instruction;
(b) persons who at the time are legally engaged in the protection
of life and property as permitted by the Criminal Code of Canada
and the Statutes of the Province of Ontario;
(c) members of a recognized rifle, revolver or gun club while discharging
a rifle, revolver or gun on a range or site duly approved
by the Chief of Police or such other person as be
designated by him/her;
(d) persons discharging cross-bows or long-bows on a range or
site duly approved by the Chief of Police or such other person
BRANTFORD 537.1 DECEMBER 2005
as may be designated by him/her. By-law 6-97, 3 March,
1997; By-law 186-2005, 7 November, 2005.
Article 2
ENFORCEMENT
537.2.1 Fine - for contravention
Every person who contravenes any of the provisions of this Chapter is
guilty of an offence and shall, upon conviction thereof, forfeit and pay
a penalty of not more than $5,000, exclusive of costs and every such
fine is recoverable under the Provincial Offences Act. By-law 55-92,
23 March, 1992.

ThunderCactus February 1st, 2013 13:59

Guys
People have done far worse things, far more frequently with paintball guns
Paintball is still legal. Case and point.
BB guns are more dangerous and far less purposeful than airsoft guns, and those are still legal too.
Dumbasses being dumbasses don't get shit banned. It only gets banned when it becomes a serious and viable public threat.

Armyissue February 1st, 2013 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartan_Red (Post 1754811)
From what I understand there were about 50 different car windows shot out around Brantford over Christmas. Drive-bys. It happens everywhere. I'd love to get my hands on those clownshoes.

Anyways if something were to happen as a result it would be the city by-laws. Hit you in your pocket first.

Airsoft Guns shooting out Car windows thats impressive.

Most cities have amended their existing Dis-charge of Fire Arms by-laws to include Airsoft Specifically. But the fine spectrum was originally structured with respect to FireArms in Traditional respect.

ccyg8774 February 1st, 2013 23:22

Is it legal to snipe those guys from your house when you see them shooting? No? OK, never mind...

Cushak February 2nd, 2013 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderCactus (Post 1754833)
Guys
People have done far worse things, far more frequently with paintball guns
Paintball is still legal. Case and point.
BB guns are more dangerous and far less purposeful than airsoft guns, and those are still legal too.
Dumbasses being dumbasses don't get shit banned. It only gets banned when it becomes a serious and viable public threat.

Not too nit pick too much but BB guns are very handy for pest control.

ccyg8774 February 2nd, 2013 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cushak (Post 1755259)
Not too nit pick too much but BB guns are very handy for pest control.

Which kind of pest? I thought BB guns (CO2 powered gun that fires 4.5mm metal BBs, not pellets) are too weak to take down small rodents...

RaisinBran February 3rd, 2013 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccyg8774 (Post 1755262)
Which kind of pest? I thought BB guns (CO2 powered gun that fires 4.5mm metal BBs, not pellets) are too weak to take down small rodents...

I thought they could shoot both.