Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   General (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Sniper training (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=126339)

jomor June 20th, 2011 20:54

Sniper training

I keep reading about a 3 level course for Sniper Training. Where and when do these run? I have wanted to do this for a long time. I have never seen any posts for upcoming courses.

Strelok June 20th, 2011 21:17

For a moment there, I was thinking. Oh god, 13 year old alert. when I read the title.

But anyway, BA Certification is a course that is ran in ontario (And I think there is one in quebec as well) that you take to prove that you're capable of running a hot firing sniper rifle or something along those lines. May be wrong.

jomor June 20th, 2011 21:25

Training

Man, I wish I was a teen again! I'm almost 50 and thats why I want to go sniper...I can't keep up with the assault, gung ho, run through the bushes crowd. LOL
So where can I find info on these courses, who runs them etc etc..
Please and thanks

THe_Silencer June 20th, 2011 21:36

Might wanna contact DarkAngel, I hear he does a course or something.

DarkAngel June 20th, 2011 21:40

zzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzz *snort* huh?!

Go away... zzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzz

There will be one in the upcomming month or two, itll be held at finch's field (rockwell).

koonz June 20th, 2011 22:16

how much does this course cost? is it a full day thing? is it all thoeory? or is there hands on action

DarkAngel June 20th, 2011 23:03

Theory + Hands on for Lvl 2 Cert
Cost depends on the venue hosted.
Its pretty much a day thing

Lvl 3 Cert is hands on.

jomor June 21st, 2011 10:51

Training

I live in Ottawa,I have no problem going to the GTA for this or Montreal area either. I will just need to know in advance so I can get the time off. I know of at least one other person here in Ottawa that will go as well. Please keep me informed.
Thanks

Rookie Ab June 21st, 2011 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by jomor (Post 1487550)
Man, I wish I was a teen again! I'm almost 50 and thats why I want to go sniper...I can't keep up with the assault, gung ho, run through the bushes crowd. LOL
So where can I find info on these courses, who runs them etc etc..
Please and thanks

I hear you. I hit 53 last month,what doesn't kill us should make us stronger ;)

:rolleyes: They say

Grudge June 21st, 2011 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rookie Ab (Post 1487849)
I hear you. I hit 53 last month,what doesn't kill us should make us stronger ;)

:rolleyes: They say

I'm 46 and what usually doesn't kill me, causes something to hurt the next day, or fall off!:rolleyes:

koonz June 21st, 2011 16:15

im 30 now and im beginning to find i sweat more and easier lol. im not sore the next morning yet lol. but being a sniper teaches me to be more patient and relaxed. but u still have to be ready to haul ass if thhings get hairy lol. thats why i picked up a raffica as a sidearm for those situations

Dart June 21st, 2011 20:37

how is sniping "less work?" I am always crawling through bush, under branches, moving up ridges, moving around for flanking.... not to mention walking up the cursed hill at Hardcorps *those that know the hill... hate the hill*

All this carrying a 22lb DSR-1, Side arm, and in 35c Okanagan weather.... and wearing a gillie when the situation requires. Nothing like wearing a fur coat in the summer!

Its not less work, its just different work.

I'm 24. I can't wait to get old so I can go buy a nice light AEG and just sit in a bunker and spray ;)

DarkAngel June 21st, 2011 20:56

Ive got a 5kg CA M24. Ask me how fun it is to lug that beast around. Thats not including my sidearm, mags for both, 3L hydro pouch and a ghillies.

Snipers are NOT easy roles. You want easy roles, go get an LMG.

koonz June 21st, 2011 22:27

i guess youre right lol. i made a 200 ft crawl to get behind an opposing sniper to then find out that he had a support gunner behind him forcing me to crawl another 100 ft. then time ran out

Dart June 22nd, 2011 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by koonz (Post 1488325)
i guess youre right lol. i made a 200 ft crawl to get behind an opposing sniper to then find out that he had a support gunner behind him forcing me to crawl another 100 ft. then time ran out

Nothing worse than getting into the perfect location just as the game whistle goes.