Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Canadian Airsoft News Stand (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   Alleged Charges Imitation Firearms-READ*** (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=150244)

sammynac99 January 29th, 2013 15:30

it was just to bring it to attention.

Zeonprime January 29th, 2013 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammynac99 (Post 1753448)
it was just to bring it to attention.

Which is great. Don't get me wrong it's good to know. But as Brian said, there isnt anything we can do about it (paraphrasing the mighty bearded one of course)

Hectic January 29th, 2013 15:50

Agreed not much we can do about it and id venture a guess that his type of thing will unfotunately become even more common now that AS guns can be had for half the price they wer when I started and also the fact that there are many walk in retailers cause those wer non existant 4-5 years ago.
The good of it is it says BB guns and doesnt say airsoft directly also I doubt they are members of our fourms or players of the game cause if they wer they would know it would be way more fun to get out to a game and shoot at their friends/aquaintences rather then shooting at static targets that dont fight back.
Shame that you cant fix stupid but id bet that they wont do somethin so retarded again based on the charges they are facing they may even see some jail time, at least in remand custody and they will hopefully educate all their lil friends about how utterly dumb it is to use bb/airsoft/replica firearms in such a manner.
Good news Is noone got hurt and they didnt try n use em to commit armed robbery or somethin even more dumb then what they did do, heck folks have done this type of thing with PB guns way befor airsoft was popular and that causes alot more property damage and clean up

Jimski January 29th, 2013 16:04

sticky peanut butter

Brian McIlmoyle January 29th, 2013 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimski (Post 1753468)
sticky peanut butter

and buttery crumpets

Towe1ey January 29th, 2013 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimski (Post 1753468)
sticky peanut butter

Lmao, what is with you and peanut butter? It's hilarious.

Zeonprime January 29th, 2013 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle (Post 1753473)
and buttery crumpets

In your beard? :)

m102404 January 29th, 2013 17:34

Hectic....FFS start writing in coherent sentences!!!

FirestormX January 29th, 2013 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by m102404 (Post 1753509)
Hectic....FFS start writing in coherent sentences!!!

It made sense to me. Maybe it's the paragraph structure that looks weird? (or lack thereof/wonky structure?)

Hectic January 29th, 2013 18:17

Sorry im not so book smart my spelling, punctuation, sentance and paragraph structure have always sucked. Never passed an english class in my life. Kicked the hell out of woodworking, automotive and electricity class, just never showed up for exams and such, did alot of dumb shit when i was a kid that kept me far to busy for fancy schooling and what not plus im posting from my phone so i slack even more and sort of just type without pausing for silly things like commas and periods.
The moral stay in school kids and type with a keyboard not a touch screen or the asc grammer police will get ya.
Lol sorry Tys ill work on my writing skills so you can better read my ramblings.

Conker January 29th, 2013 20:46

It's not said whether these are airsoft guns or pellet guns.

Armyissue January 29th, 2013 22:01

Do not use sticky peanut butter to convert your springer to full auto. It has a Roman candle effect and if fired into the lower stratosphere will cause definate sky falling effects. Anyone caught with this prohibited substance will be banned from ASC and made to feel Sad for a couple days.

Jimski January 29th, 2013 22:03

you can get 3 rounds burst if you use buttery crumpets with it

Spartan_Red February 1st, 2013 13:06

From what I understand there were about 50 different car windows shot out around Brantford over Christmas. Drive-bys. It happens everywhere. I'd love to get my hands on those clownshoes.

Anyways if something were to happen as a result it would be the city by-laws. Hit you in your pocket first.

Spartan_Red February 1st, 2013 13:47

Ahh found it.... for Brantford. Every city is different. That's how the trouble starts.

537.1.1 Discharge - prohibited - exceptions
No person or persons shall discharge guns or other firearms and
air-guns, spring-guns, cross-bows, long-bows, or any class or type
thereof within the limits of the City of Brantford; provided, however,
that the provisions of this Chapter shall not apply to the following:
(a) police and peace officers in the legal performance of their duties
or when receiving training and instruction;
(b) persons who at the time are legally engaged in the protection
of life and property as permitted by the Criminal Code of Canada
and the Statutes of the Province of Ontario;
(c) members of a recognized rifle, revolver or gun club while discharging
a rifle, revolver or gun on a range or site duly approved
by the Chief of Police or such other person as be
designated by him/her;
(d) persons discharging cross-bows or long-bows on a range or
site duly approved by the Chief of Police or such other person
BRANTFORD 537.1 DECEMBER 2005
as may be designated by him/her. By-law 6-97, 3 March,
1997; By-law 186-2005, 7 November, 2005.
Article 2
ENFORCEMENT
537.2.1 Fine - for contravention
Every person who contravenes any of the provisions of this Chapter is
guilty of an offence and shall, upon conviction thereof, forfeit and pay
a penalty of not more than $5,000, exclusive of costs and every such
fine is recoverable under the Provincial Offences Act. By-law 55-92,
23 March, 1992.