Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   General (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Is hero outdoors legit? (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=162155)

Aries47 February 3rd, 2014 10:49

Is hero outdoors legit?

Is hero outdoors (http://herooutdoors.com/) a reliable and real retailer? I find it suspicious that they have such a wide selection, and they do not seem to say whether an item is in stock or not.

BioRage February 3rd, 2014 10:50

Yes, yes they are.

They've been around for a long, long, time.

Aries47 February 3rd, 2014 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioRage (Post 1864366)
Yes, yes they are.

They've been around for a long, long, time.

But how can I tell if something is in stock or not, do they special order all their items?

jcadger February 3rd, 2014 10:59

Could try giving them a call 1-855-464-4376

BioRage February 3rd, 2014 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries47 (Post 1864368)
But how can I tell if something is in stock or not, do they special order all their items?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcadger (Post 1864373)
Could try giving them a call 1-855-464-4376

Most of there stuff should be in-stock, if not it would be noted on their website..

Best to listen to Jcadger and call them to call to confirm, you can ask your questions, etc, regarding certain products you may be curious about.

NANA February 3rd, 2014 12:04

Hero outdoor used to be hero army surplus. They have been a brick and mortar store since the dawn of Oshawa. Tons of stuff. If you have the chance, go to the store and have a look. You never know what kind of crazy shit you will find there.

TJX February 3rd, 2014 12:19

They were nice enough to call me when an item I ordered was out of stock.

GBBR February 3rd, 2014 12:25

Go in and make sure you talk to graham, NO ONE, can help you like he can. He sold me my first gun.

Renegade) February 3rd, 2014 12:36

Yes Hero Outdoors is legit and they have a large location PACKED full of stuff, they are also a prominent BB Bastard rep with a full stock of many weights and types on hand including FRAG!
They have a ton of Condor in store as well as many tactical accessories, gear, and guns as well.

Graham (Viperfish) is the man to contact or go see in store, he will help you out with whatever you need!

Infantryman February 3rd, 2014 13:19

legit. ordered stuff from their site a dozen times :)

Ares February 3rd, 2014 14:56

Heros is a local store for me, if it's on the site doesn't mean they have it in store but they get it in with in a day or two if you order. If you can go in they have a LOT is weird stuff in stock that isn't always on their site, Viperfish is almost always there and is great help and a wealth of knowledge.

redneck12 February 3rd, 2014 15:50

Hero's is my go to store, it's a bonus that they are within walking distance of my house. They have tons of stuff to look at, just stay away from Graham he loves emptying your wallet lol.

Bakasaur February 3rd, 2014 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneck12 (Post 1864471)
Hero's is my go to store, it's a bonus that they are within walking distance of my house. They have tons of stuff to look at, just stay away from Graham he loves emptying your wallet lol.

Yeah haha. He's insane.
Great store though!

Stealthee February 3rd, 2014 16:17

I've ordered from them before. They'll usually call you if there's a problem. I'm still waiting for a reply on price matching though.

EDIT: And they have replied! But yeah, they are fantastic to deal with.

siggypoo February 3rd, 2014 16:25

Is hero outdoors legit?

I've been a customer of Hero's, in one aspect or another for almost twenty years, including buying a pretty darned good CAF flight helmet and O2 mask for $300 or so. I remember when they were called Rama Army Surplus.
My only qualm with them has been price, which has been reasonable; it's just that I'm dirt-poor, lol.
They are truly legit and the quality of their stock can't be disputed, and is warranteed. They've been very fair to me over the years, and they are flexible and responsible if the customer takes issue.
Today I was there, buying a can of green gas and asking about a Tactical A1 XM203S they have in their site, but not in stock. Being poor, it was a great buy, but not in stock. They said they'd get it as I ordered. I didn't order it, but fully trust they will get it in at the price they state if I change my mind.
Just don't mention "Iceman"; I bug Jeff too much, lol.