Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Canadian Airsoft News Stand (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   Alleged Charges Imitation Firearms-READ*** (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=150244)

sammynac99 January 29th, 2013 14:13

Alleged Charges Imitation Firearms-READ***

This was shocking to read.......... Thoughts?

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsr...pdfs/25585.pdf

Deadpool January 29th, 2013 14:25

3 dumbasses shooting bb guns at parked cars isn't shocking news.

It's just dumbasses doing dumbass things.

The sky isn't falling. carry on.

paulwes83 January 29th, 2013 14:35

lol Sounds about right for that area

Zeonprime January 29th, 2013 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadpool (Post 1753397)

here's hoping that Randy Robinson and Jackson Jovanovich arent any dumbasses we know :)

Thenooblord January 29th, 2013 14:38

wasnt me!

sammynac99 January 29th, 2013 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadpool (Post 1753397)

LOL, these "dumbasses" could table legislation that could ban airsoft/airguns, this is very relevant, unless you dont want to play airsoft anymore or own any imitation firearms. its things like this that tabled the bill in york region to stop the display and sale of uncontrolled imitation firearms.

Deadpool January 29th, 2013 14:49

If they'd banned airsoft everytime there was a dumbass being caught shooting his airsoft/bb/pellet gun at cars in public, we would'nt be playing airsoft rightnow.

do a little media search and you'll see how many times that happens.

Yes they were stupid, But at least the news media didn't go after the story with pitchforks.

As I said, the sky isn't falling. Carry on.

sammynac99 January 29th, 2013 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadpool (Post 1753417)
If they'd banned airsoft everytime there was a dumbass being caught shooting his airsoft/bb/pellet gun at cars in public, we would'nt be playing airsoft rightnow. (and saying its not a big deal that this happens doesnt effect the whole community?)

do a little media search and you'll see how many times that happens.( it happens quite often, but that being said you shouldnt be endorsing it by saying the sky isnt falling)

Yes they were stupid, But at least the news media didn't go after the story with pitchforks. EDIT: Has not yet gone after the story with pitchforks.

As I said, the sky isn't falling. Carry on.

All in all you are beginning to flame this. This is a incident that make the entire imitation uncontrolled firearm community look bad. by saying its not the end of the world and they are just dumbasses is overlooking the fact that this COULD seriously impact the sport. Like they are trying to do in york region right now due to multiple incidents.

Brian McIlmoyle January 29th, 2013 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammynac99 (Post 1753412)
LOL, these "dumbasses" could table legislation that could ban airsoft/airguns, this is very relevant, unless you dont want to play airsoft anymore or own any imitation firearms. its things like this that tabled the bill in york region to stop the display and sale of uncontrolled imitation firearms.

OMG.. this is the first time EVAR that such a thing has happened!

(today at least .. of course this happens nearly weekly.. in the GTA and daily many times Canada wide.. and has done so for as long a pellet and BB guns have existed)

Disco_Dante January 29th, 2013 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammynac99 (Post 1753423)
All in all you are beginning to flame this. This is a incident that make the entire imitation uncontrolled firearm community look bad. by saying its not the end of the world and they are just dumbasses is overlooking the fact that this COULD seriously impact the sport. Like they are trying to do in york region right now due to multiple incidents.

This literally happens every other week. Just relax.

sammynac99 January 29th, 2013 15:07

If they Pass that bill in york region to ban the open sale of uncontrolled firearms, it will create a regional precedent, this is just to bring attention to what not to do. I'm very calm, just upset that the actions of a few could ruin it for a majority.

Brian McIlmoyle January 29th, 2013 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammynac99 (Post 1753433)
If they Pass that bill in york region to ban the open sale of uncontrolled firearms, it will create a regional precedent, this is just to bring attention to what not to do. I'm very calm, just upset that the actions of a few could ruin it for a majority.

Ok lets do this.. I'll get my time machine out of storage, and you and I can go back to yesterday, and find these guys and try to talk some sense into them before they do this.

it's done.. the stupid is out of the bag.. how does reporting this and having uselss ASC conversation #4B do anything about it?

you are preaching to the choir here..

sammynac99 January 29th, 2013 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle (Post 1753437)
Ok lets do this.. I'll get my time machine out of storage, and you and I can go back to yesterday, and find these guys and try to talk some sense into them before they do this.

it's done.. the stupid is out of the bag.. how does reporting this and having uselss ASC conversation #4B do anything about it?

you are preaching to the choir here..

Ok, where do you store your time machine :D.

and youre right, they caught 19 charges and its done, good point, just thought it would be relevant.

Brian McIlmoyle January 29th, 2013 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammynac99 (Post 1753438)
Ok, where do you store your time machine :D.

and youre right, they caught 19 charges and its done, good point, just thought it would be relevant.

I'm not telling...

it's not irrelevant, but it's not new, or even noteworthy as anything but a cautionary tale.

if telling idiots to not be idiots actually worked.. there would be no idiots.. take a look around.. it ain't working

Zeonprime January 29th, 2013 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle (Post 1753424)
OMG.. this is the first time EVAR that such a thing has happened!

Snort :) you sir are not allowed to make me laugh hot coffee through my nostrils!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammynac99 (Post 1753433)

Ok, so we dont get into a debate over the serious nature of the event.

First. The incident was in Toronto, not York Region. Do you have links to media outlets carrying the story?

Second. The York Region ban you are referring to will not create an end to airsoft and there are already other municipal (York Region is Municipal) level laws on the books now that would already set precendents (Dont ask me which ones, cause frankly you can google just as well as I can).

Third. ASC isnt the airsoft police. We can kick people off ASC but that will not change what happens in the real world. Sadly enough activities as such in the police blotter posted are not rare by any means, whether it be a BB gun (the release does not state airsoft so we are assuming it is airsoft), paintball gun, nerf gun or an airsoft gun. As long as there are stupid people, stupid things will happen.

LOL, Brian form #4B