Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Newbie Tank (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Place to practice near Van (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=146890)

Retrogrouch October 24th, 2012 12:02

Place to practice near Van

Is there any place to go and practice ( and be a responsible air softer to the community, and the police) during non game times, during the week days around vancouver? Thanks,

RG

L473ncy October 24th, 2012 12:50

No. Not at all.

RIP (Richmond Indoor Paintball) is probably your best bet but they're mainly a PB outfit and only rent out the facility for larger scheduled airsoft games.

Either that or NSPB but they are again a PB place and don't really cater to airsoft unless you rent the field privately and have like 20 people or whatever.

Retrogrouch October 24th, 2012 13:18

Sounds grim. My wife still hasn't caught on that her basement is my CQB House. When her intell gets better, I'm dead
;) Retro

Ricochet October 24th, 2012 14:07

Find a friend with a large chunk of "private property", in an area that doesn't prohibit the discharge of airguns or related. Talk to your local police detachment or gun clubs as well, they may have insight on an "acceptable" place. Even try emailing local airsoft groups.

Retrogrouch October 24th, 2012 14:57

I just found out their is an indoor game at. RIP tomorrow night. Julian at airsoft gear told me about it. Here's for the power of positive thinking.

RG

L473ncy October 24th, 2012 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retrogrouch (Post 1717830)
I just found out their is an indoor game at. RIP tomorrow night. Julian at airsoft gear told me about it. Here's for the power of positive thinking.

RG

Oh yeah... forgot to mention that it's usually Optix/Jules that rents out RIP for indoor games.

There's actually a pretty nice selection of fields out in van(-ish area) with Panther, NSPB, Tsawwassen, and RIP.

@ Ricochet, you don't come from Vancouver proper do you? (I remember you saying you came from the outskirts like Abby or something one time?) There's basically nothing around CoV and the other major cities (Burnaby, Richmond, NVan/WVan) cause it's all built up. Closest thing you might get away with is a farm in Richmond otherwise it's out to Abby, Langley, Mission, etc. Maybe Delta, maybe White Rock.

Dirtbag October 26th, 2012 02:22

Nope nothing closer than the back end of Maple Ridge / Mission Nothing south of the Fraser. Everything is no discharge.

But seriously just go out and play, best practice you will get. Milsim weather is gone so it is mostly run and gun type games. Just be prepared to get wet.

RaisinBran October 26th, 2012 02:41

I wanted to go to the indoor game but I don't have a gun that shoots under 350 and my primary only has auto unless i install a mosfet :C

Chris26 October 26th, 2012 04:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaisinBran (Post 1718505)
I wanted to go to the indoor game but I don't have a gun that shoots under 350 and my primary only has auto unless i install a mosfet :C

You could always rent... I would've gone, but it was training night at the armoury for me :( not bad night though, pulled out the C7's and did a lot of push ups lol

Anyway, Retrogrouch, come out this Sunday to Tswwassen Paintball with Airsoft Gear and have fun! (Might possibly rain a bit though)
And make sure you do otherwise there'll be a 5 dollar (95% sure) penalty.

Retrogrouch October 26th, 2012 12:31

Went to the RIP game last night, and besides the paintball goo, it was rad. My long guns are in the 390 and up right now, so it was handgun only. I thing I'll change my user name to Canon Folder.

RG

BabaBooey November 8th, 2012 04:32

If you can get out there, why not go out to IOCO?

Retrogrouch November 12th, 2012 15:55

Sorry, I know this one has been stale for a while, but we're in ioco?
Quote:

Originally Posted by BabaBooey (Post 1723340)
If you can get out there, why not go out to IOCO?