Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   General (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Coming out of retirement. (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=178826)

Freedom Fighter July 2nd, 2016 11:59

Coming out of retirement.

I've been out of the hobby for quite a few years now--a baby and long work hours can have that effect. Now that my son (CaptPintSize) is a teenager (the years flew by) I will be getting back into the hobby, and will bring my son with me.

Just wanted to say hello--and wondering who is still around from the early days.

Cheers,
Alexander

Hectic July 2nd, 2016 12:35

Good to see the veteran players still have the itch! Especially passing it on to the next generation. I just had my 13 year old step son at a small game a few weeks back he had a blast. Hopefully we will see you on the field soon!

Freedom Fighter July 2nd, 2016 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hectic (Post 1983773)
Good to see the veteran players still have the itch! Especially passing it on to the next generation. I just had my 13 year old step son at a small game a few weeks back he had a blast. Hopefully we will see you on the field soon!

For certain mate. Already put out a couple offers on AEGs. One for me and the boy. Hope we can make it out to a game come August.

Ricochet July 2nd, 2016 12:58

Welcome back. Gun prices and whatnot are way down, but the amount and variety of crack you can spend your money on is vast and addictive.

Freedom Fighter July 2nd, 2016 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricochet (Post 1983778)
Welcome back. Gun prices and whatnot are way down, but the amount and variety of crack you can spend your money on is vast and addictive.

I noticed that prices are much cheaper, and the variety of brands are far more numerous. Going to start out with very basic kits for this year seeing as how I will now need two of everything.

666 July 2nd, 2016 14:14

Welcome back Alex! It's been a while.

Hectic July 2nd, 2016 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freedom Fighter (Post 1983779)
I noticed that prices are much cheaper, and the variety of brands are far more numerous. Going to start out with very basic kits for this year seeing as how I will now need two of everything.

You likely know from your experience but really all you need is a gun you like the look of good boots and eyepro and a high cap. After that you can add slowly. Go see Jaron at army issue. 1 stop shopping, lots of surplus and a gun room now too!

Freedom Fighter July 2nd, 2016 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666 (Post 1983787)
Welcome back Alex! It's been a while.

A decade almost? Good to hear from you Vlad. I'm sure we'll be seeing each other before long.

Freedom Fighter July 2nd, 2016 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hectic (Post 1983790)
You likely know from your experience but really all you need is a gun you like the look of good boots and eyepro and a high cap. After that you can add slowly. Go see Jaron at army issue. 1 stop shopping, lots of surplus and a gun room now too!

Put out a couple offers on an M4 and AUG, already ordered a couple chest rigs and single point slings. Need eye protection, batteries and BBs. August looks promising.

I know Jeroon, should probably stop by and say hello again. It's been awhile.

Outcast569 July 2nd, 2016 17:09

Always happy to see old players bringing their kids in. Still a few more years to go for my little guy but cant wait.

Boche July 2nd, 2016 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freedom Fighter (Post 1983794)
A decade almost? Good to hear from you Vlad. I'm sure we'll be seeing each other before long.

Everything old is new again, haha

Memel

Desmodus July 2nd, 2016 21:42

....Freedom Fighter!

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/48/48520...5114f9a4df.jpg

Freedom Fighter July 3rd, 2016 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outcast569 (Post 1983796)
Always happy to see old players bringing their kids in. Still a few more years to go for my little guy but cant wait.

I am old. I am excited to see how my kid does on the field. If he enjoys it half as much as I used to he'll be hooked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boche (Post 1983804)
Everything old is new again, haha

Memel

Long time no hear mate!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desmodus (Post 1983811)

:D

Aper July 3rd, 2016 20:31

Welcome back Alex ! From your old Freedom Fighter buddy in Montreal ;)

Freedom Fighter July 3rd, 2016 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aper (Post 1983893)
Welcome back Alex ! From your old Freedom Fighter buddy in Montreal ;)

Hello sir! It's good to see a few of the old fellas around :)