Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Newbie Tank (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Weapon maintenance for beginers (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=95496)

six4 December 21st, 2009 09:35

Weapon maintenance for beginers

Since this is the newbie tank I made a video demo on weapon cleaning/maintenance.

YouTube- Weapon Tips.mov

mas_oyama December 21st, 2009 09:44

can'T wait to get home to watch this! (youtube is blocked at my job :( )

Jagd December 21st, 2009 10:35

Thanks for the vid man!:p

Amos December 21st, 2009 13:37

Excellent video

Couple of things that I would do differently;

On pistol maintenance, I don't use silicon oil. On metal on metal contact I use "Sticky-G" molybdenum grease and on all the airseal parts I use a silicon grease.

Using a grease over an oil makes the lubrication last longer and preform noticably better.

When I preform pistol maintenance, I remove the slide and thoroughly clean the slide rails with lint free cloths, tooth picks and Q-tips making sure all the black gunk is out, then I re-grease.

When lubrication the valves in the mags, I find it useful to work it in a little after putting the oil in (press the valve 15 or r20 times until its feels very smooth)

Great video, this will be super informative for new players... and some players (like the guys on my team!!) that don't know how to do their own maintenance!!

six4 December 21st, 2009 14:38

Thanks "amos" Normally I disassemble my pistol as well ......but I dont give away ALL my pistol tips,,only the basics,,,,got to keep some things secret...LOL

Geoffrey B. December 21st, 2009 14:57

Great Vid =)

sarosh December 21st, 2009 15:08

Thanks this is extremely usefull especially since i just got my first gbb pistol.

mas_oyama December 21st, 2009 18:27

you put a bit of gas before storing? I was doing the contrary... always make sure its empty before I store it, so the pression dont damage anything over time. I guesss I was wrong, I'll take you advise and put some before I store them!

Amos December 21st, 2009 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by mas_oyama (Post 1128053)
you put a bit of gas before storing? I was doing the contrary... always make sure its empty before I store it, so the pression dont damage anything over time. I guesss I was wrong, I'll take you advise and put some before I store them!

You've been doing the absolute opposite of what you're supposed to!

These things are designed to be under pressure, when they're not under pressure the seals start to lift and shink... that's what causes leaky magazines.

Keep your mags under pressure!! (I keep my mags full.. some people debate this, but I've had mags that were only partially full start leaking.. but my full mags are still doin' just fine)

mas_oyama December 21st, 2009 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amos (Post 1128056)
You've been doing the absolute opposite of what you're supposed to!

These things are designed to be under pressure, when they're not under pressure the seals start to lift and shink... that's what causes leaky magazines.

Keep your mags under pressure!! (I keep my mags full.. some people debate this, but I've had mags that were only partially full start leaking.. but my full mags are still doin' just fine)

okay. good thing I got the gun only a couple weeks ago! lol.

Darkhawk December 22nd, 2009 10:35

Thanks for the video

Blitzed December 29th, 2009 18:59

Thanks for making this Six4. =]

Slono January 10th, 2010 13:22

Great video six4.

I always wondered what the man behind that mask in your avatar looked like, lol.

Kaustie January 10th, 2010 22:00

Does the same hold true for m203 shells? should I be keeping those partially gassed as well?

Brayden January 10th, 2010 22:23

great vid, learned a bit but very helpful and smart, also, gives your guns respect.