Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Newbie Tank (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Am I too new (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=141582)

Archer379 June 8th, 2012 20:58

Am I too new

I had never heard of this sport until last week when my cousin took me out to try it. It was a great day I got a loaner gun from one of his friends I believe it was a g and g m4. I was invited back so thought I would learn more about the game and came across this site. I dont know if it's my age (40) or what but most of the stuff in the newb section goes way over my head with the abriveations unless I missed it reading all the stickies what do they all mean?
Also great idea for the AV at some point I will try to get verified but there is no one close on the list that I could see again unless I missed it what can I and can't I ask about guns without being Av'ed

Great site thanks

SHaKaL June 8th, 2012 21:02

Never to old ;)

Started at 38 myself. Take your time and READ a lot.
You will learn theses abbreviations.

Spike June 8th, 2012 21:23

Never too old... my 60 year old father plays regularly and whoops the 18 year old kiddie's asses. Where are you from? It'd be best to get into your local forum and see when the games are, go to a game and rent if you don't have any kit yet. You may be able to find an age verifier there too.

HackD June 8th, 2012 21:29

Welcome - never too old, as others have already said - started last year at age 43.. advantage of age is you can buy whatever you please, as long as you can sneak it past SWMBO. We all know the maxim of "old age and treachery beats youth and enthusiasm" .. i'm sticking to that while the youngin's run laps around me, anyway.

As for the abbreviations - keep on reading, and it'll all eventually click.

leblanc74 June 8th, 2012 22:26

38 myself so no worries about the age issue...

Brian McIlmoyle June 8th, 2012 22:41

Youth is wasted on the young,

40 is the perfect age to get started , welcome!

5kull June 8th, 2012 22:43

52 in a month and still kicking ass:)

Kozzie June 8th, 2012 23:43

The only rule is that we can't tell non-Av'd people where to buy guns. We're free to discuss everything else about them.

Deadpool June 8th, 2012 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kull (Post 1664585)
52 in a month and still kicking ass in a wheel chair:)

Here ya go!

Fixed it for ya :D

StayFrosty June 9th, 2012 00:07

I'm 40 myself and attended my first game last month. Good to know I'm not the only one starting out "later" in life.

Bois Brule June 9th, 2012 00:10

39, and just breaking in.

Age and wisdom trump youth and exuberance every time. ;)

The Keiichione June 9th, 2012 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadpool (Post 1664610)
Here ya go!

Sounds like a challenge to me

Archer379 June 9th, 2012 06:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 1664550)
Never too old... my 60 year old father plays regularly and whoops the 18 year old kiddie's asses. Where are you from? It'd be best to get into your local forum and see when the games are, go to a game and rent if you don't have any kit yet. You may be able to find an age verifier there too.

I am from the peterborough area. Thanks for the replies I don't feel so old

5kull June 9th, 2012 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadpool (Post 1664610)
Here ya go!

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Keiichione (Post 1664617)
Sounds like a challenge to me

Lol, I dont mind challenges from younger players, it makes victory even sweeter.:)

If I was in a wheelchair it would be something like this:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8...heelchair3.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dodgetheram June 9th, 2012 07:46

I started playing this year and I thought I would feel old (29) compaired to the crowd. But to my suprise most of the ppl playing were over 30, and it seems they were way more kitted out then the younger fellas. Probably because grownups have jobs to buy more tacticool stuff lol!