Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Gear Discussion (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   I Found Some Danish Camo M-84 on eBay, If Anyone's Interested (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=36681)

Nabisco_Lobstrosity March 31st, 2007 13:04

I Found Some Danish Camo M-84 on eBay, If Anyone's Interested

http://i15.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/90/7b/ae95_1.JPG
If you play in Canada, chances are very likely that you've heard someone comparing this stuff to CADPAT. I'm only guessing from the image, but it looks like the 1990 version of M-84.

The auction is for both the shirt and pants together. The total, with shipping, comes to about $80 Canadian and change. There's quite a few in each of the three sizes, but there's maybe only a dozen or so sets left (the last time I checked).

It's not the U.S. Sturm/Miltec brand replica. This is the Finlayson, Finland stuff. Love it or hate it.

I know that I've been looking for some Danish camo, so I thought I'd share this with the rest of you. I know it isn't always easy to find this stuff at a fair price.

LINKS:
Size 50
Size 52
Size 54

Seller's eBay Store

Nabisco_Lobstrosity March 31st, 2007 13:20

3 Attachment(s)
As a word of caution, different years of M-84 can have pretty different colors. The pattern's the same, though. I actually don't know what variation is manufactured in Finland.

I'm having a difficult time telling from just that one photo (and the seller for the auction is just some guy who likes hunting and fishing), but if you want to see some comparisons of Danish M-84 camo colors, check these Kamouflage.net samples these out:

1984 - see Attachment "00040.jpg"
1990 - see Attachment "00123.jpg"
1996 - see Attachment "00124.jpg"

Gryphon March 31st, 2007 17:50

Last I heard the latest version is manufactured in Poland. I would rather see the pattern on these before bidding on them as there's not a whole lot of info and I don't always trust generic pictures.

I have an extensive collection of M84 from various manufacturers - issue HMAK, Arktis, KHS, DuPont Design, and Tacgear. They all have color variations but the patterns are identical to the HMAK. My biggest concern is buying something that ends up looking like this:

http://i10.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/95/84/e4a7_1_b.JPG

As a purveyor of the finest examples of Danish camouflage items I have high standards, but even if it's a replica pattern that's a good deal for a full BDU set. I just bought the Arktis coat that was on eBay so I'm really looking forward to that!

ILLusion March 31st, 2007 20:29

From what I see:

1. The colour isn't too varied, as I think M84 should be
2. There is a tight repetition in the pattern - this is bad, as far as camouflage patterns go. The human eye can pick out repetitive patterns against natural backdrops. The pattern appears to be tiled every 5 inches or so

Desmodus March 31st, 2007 21:10

Thats a nice looking camo lol... but seems like its a combination of flecktarn and cadpat.

Nabisco_Lobstrosity March 31st, 2007 22:02

Well, I did some research on the manufacturer of the uniforms in this particular eBay auction.

Quote:

Finlayson Forssa workwear fabrics are used by the Finnish, Estonian and Danish defence forces.
I think it once again pretty much kills the idea that they're the U.S. replica type, that have the ugly even-pattern (as opposed to the real kind, having nice heavy blotches in some places). Plus I can't imagine that Denmark would pay someone to make only replicas for their military.

Gryphon April 1st, 2007 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Con3jo (Post 446762)
Thats a nice looking camo lol... but seems like its a combination of flecktarn and cadpat.

It IS Flecktarn but with only green, green, and black. It has no relationship to CADPAT though.

Smintjes April 5th, 2007 06:23

I've given it a shot and ordered a set. Since the seller is located in Finland and I won't have to pay any import fees (long live the EU :-) ), 37 euros for a M84-set is not a bad deal at all, replica or not. I'll keep you posted and snap off some pics when it arrives.

Gryphon April 5th, 2007 13:35

Great! Can't wait to see it.

nro_delta April 11th, 2007 02:41

I ordered one but no answer back from the seller :(

@Smintjes : any news concerning your M84 ?

Smintjes April 11th, 2007 04:57

Should be arriving any day now. It 'll be arriving at work though, but I have a couple of days off. As soon as I get it, I'll post my impressions and some pics.

Edit: typo.

Nabisco_Lobstrosity April 11th, 2007 22:54

I'm waiting on my own pair, too, but may be the last person to get it - shipping to Canada from Finland and all.

Gryphon April 12th, 2007 01:07

I just got my Arktis windproof smock in, man this thing exudes quality. A tad on the large side but...meh. I'll make it fit. :)

Nabisco_Lobstrosity April 13th, 2007 17:45

Awwww YEAH, BoyEEE

It's HMAK, crown logo and all. 65% Polyester / 35% Bomuld. My shirt was manufactured in 2004, number 7686-0616.

I'll get some pics up when I can.

This stuff is damn sexy.

frag7 April 13th, 2007 20:09

how does it fit ? tight or baggy ?
I'm dying for a set but I wear small/regular and 50 is medium :-( :-(
maybe there's something to do with a sewing machine ?