Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   General (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What got youn into airsoft? (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=193914)

fortsmithman October 12th, 2018 03:28

What got youn into airsoft?

I got interested in airsoft because my sister and my nephew both bought themselves airsfot pistols after I bought my nephew a combination BB/pellet pistol. I own 2 airsoft pistol a KJW P226 CO2 and a KSC G17. Those are the only pistols i will buy. I plan on buying a decent AEG rifle or smg. If not for my sister, and nephew I would not be involved in airsoft, I'm going to give it a try. My main interest is collecting older air pistols, and air rifles. That will probably be a little more expensive than airsoft. Currently I own as well as my previously mentioned airsoft pistols are 1 BB/pellet revolver, 1 blowback steel BB pistol, 1 non blowback bb/pellet pistol.

Ricochet October 13th, 2018 21:16

I don’t know who Youn is, nor why he got into Airsoft.

I had a friend who was already in it when he moved out to Alberta to work in the patch with me. He immediately looked up local groups to play with and we went to meet with them. I had no real interest, but they were nice guys. Unfortunately he had to move away before the season started. They contacted me and were bummed to find out he was gone, as experienced guys were incredibly hard to find back then. The team captain begged me to come out and give it a try. I finally agreed, because why not, and got hooked immediately with the tactical and competitive side of it. Almost 15 years later and I’m still neck deep in it.

fortsmithman October 14th, 2018 01:48

I meant to type you instead of youn. My bad.

SawBone October 14th, 2018 16:09

I heard a group of people were playing in my area from an acquaintance and I figured I'd check it out. I got to a game as a "guest photographer" once and I thought it was pretty cool so I geared up and came to play the following year.

Lt Krieger February 7th, 2019 14:28

I am a veteran and "hero" to my teenage kids. They have been begging me to come out and play with their group so here I am, still trying to be a Cool Dad. :)

Ratters February 9th, 2019 01:26

Originally my interest was anything firearm related. I built a MP40 out of wood in the garage as a kid. I then began buying and building Marushin Plug Fire pistols, assault rifles and smg's. This was back when you could still buy Marushin guns off the wall at local surplus shops including a few off of movie sets and private industry importers. Somewhere along the way I obtained a pump action, shell ejecting airsoft gun. I think it was a Walther MPL or a Tec 9 type thing. My first intro into a gas gun was a Beretta 93R that used bb shell halves you dripped red dye into, glued together and attempted to make it work. You name it, I had it. A full sized, six drawer dresser full of replicas, plug fire guns, airsoft, blank firing guns. The bug bit young and it's never left

Full-Auto-Seer February 9th, 2019 12:31

I started with paintball after being invited to a birthday party when I was 12. I played for a few years,but I wanted something more realistic. So I began searching for mag-fed guns and events and came across airsoft milsims. Specifically...

Operation Eastwind http://www.operationeastwind.com/

It was everything I had ever wanted, so I began gearing up to be a Russian soldier. Sadly, Eastwind ended in 2015, before I ever got to go. But I kept going in airsoft since it's fun. Hopefully, something as extensive as Op. Eastwind pops up again.

tobyniceguy February 9th, 2019 20:20

Born in the Philippines, airsoft was big down there and I'm sure it still is. I had my encounter with airsoft when I was exposed to a springer my cousin was playing with. It wasn't until 2009 that I would have a second encounter with the sport after discovering ASC. I also stumbled upon Airsoft Depot in 2009, before it expanded into a much bigger storefront. The rest was history.

svi February 16th, 2019 00:07

too much video games got me into airsoft lol

BelgStriker February 18th, 2019 07:20

I was always a fan of military related hobbies, mainly collecting uniforms, playing video games, and building model kits.
So, when I heard about airsoft almost by accident in high school, I didn't put the finger into the cogs, I jumped in the whole thing!

Jsheng February 21st, 2019 16:27

college roommate. we wanted to try paintball, found airsoft instead

jwm470 February 22nd, 2019 08:40

I enjoyed playing paintball, but loved everything military. So airsoft was just a natural step for me, it also helped how it was way cheaper (except if you think about how much I've spent on gear)

silent_lemon February 23rd, 2019 07:47

Filipino and Japanese airsoft videos on Kazaa and Limewire.

ToeTag February 24th, 2019 20:09

bought my son a Cdn Tire Ruger springer when he was young. I started plinking and moved up to the Co2 version from CdnTire again....watched youtube "scoutthedoggie" and it was over. Bought my first M4 (Dboys CQB) about 6 years ago from AirsoftDepot and the rest is history. Taught myself some tech'n and now have 2 M4's - 2 DMR's - sniper - TM Glock17 and Elite Force 1911. This is a great sport and now my son is starting to play with me.....just awesome and so glad I found this.

jmireau February 24th, 2019 20:47

Killermug