Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Airsoft Guns Discussion (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   G3 (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=184086)

Bigload July 5th, 2017 19:20

G3

I know this isn't the most popular model of rifles out there. I remember the 90's when most players were running plastic tm models. What are some current brands or models that are worth buying other than a Tm? Version two gearbox compatible with aftermarket part? Mags? Thanks.

Datawraith July 5th, 2017 20:42

Wait for LCT to come out with theirs :)

Amos July 5th, 2017 20:42

in (some time) LCT will be releasing one and with their track record, it'll be an amazing gun. Save your pennies, it likely wont be so cheap.

jomor July 5th, 2017 20:43

g3

Just wait a little bit. There are brand new ones coming out. The only other new ones are the crap Jing Gong ones. Tm still make the MC51 and I think G&G does one to.

BioRage July 5th, 2017 21:45

LCT is on pre-order @ WGCSHOP for $420 USD - importable (400-420 FPS)

beta678 July 5th, 2017 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by jomor (Post 2008161)
Just wait a little bit. There are brand new ones coming out. The only other new ones are the crap Jing Gong ones. Tm still make the MC51 and I think G&G does one to.

Wouldn't bash that JG G3, if ya know what you're doing, that thing is reliable as fuck. Accidentally threw mine down a ravine, tried it kill numerous times but it just won't die. 5 years and running now with minimal upgrades and regular maintenance.

That said, price for the LCT G3 is $470 USD atm, so do your fancy conversions throw in shipping and taxes and you've got your average CAD pricing, which puts it in ~$650 range.

lurkingknight July 5th, 2017 23:31

got a classic army SAR in the basement... lol will probably try and sell it but nobody is looking for long legs and sexy 80s guns.

Bigload July 6th, 2017 20:57

Did only JG and Classic Army made the TM clones? I am interested in one. Can the gearboxes be upgraded to 7-8mm bushings? Does it use standard M4 hop units? What other stuff is compatible with M4 base rifles?

Amos July 6th, 2017 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigload (Post 2008208)
Did only JG and Classic Army made the TM clones? I am interested in one. Can the gearboxes be upgraded to 7-8mm bushings? Does it use standard M4 hop units? What other stuff is compatible with M4 base rifles?

JG and CA aren't clones of the TM, they are based on the design but they're updated in some very good ways.

It's a standard V2 Gearbox shell. Gearbox is the same as an M4 (even nozzle) except for the trigger and the selector plate.

Hop-up is different, but G3 hop-up unit design is super, super good. It's a little bit similar to the "new gen" M4 hop-up units with the rotating wheel instead of the tiny plastic gears.

There's tonnes of aftermarket support for G3's -- In Japan they're still just as popular as M4's are.

Swattiger July 7th, 2017 09:10

Still have the TM G3 SAS, all stock, serves as standby gun, shots hard and straight. Never fails !

lurkingknight July 7th, 2017 09:14

I would use this beast if I had an opportunity, but as it stands, I haven't had time to add some more basic upgrades plus my stock guns are just too damn reliable.

the CA g3 was regarded as the best g3 on the market, up until the announcement of the lct, but even so the lct will have reasonably big shoes to fill given the fact the CA is so damn solid.

Freeze July 7th, 2017 10:52

Not even related ish but there's a Manga in Japan called Seishun x Kikanjuu which is about a girl who's a tomboy and plays airsoft with a G3SA lol. Guess it is popular enough eh

Amos July 7th, 2017 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeze (Post 2008234)
Not even related ish but there's a Manga in Japan called Seishun x Kikanjuu which is about a girl who's a tomboy and plays airsoft with a G3SA lol. Guess it is popular enough eh

Uhh no, it's likely because Marui makes several models of the G3, and have re-intorducted it as a high-cycle gun.

Cliffradical July 8th, 2017 01:21

If we're *really really* lucky LCT will release a whole line of the damn things and we won't have to fabricate SG1s and HK21s out of dremeled pvc pipe and sour dreams.

Datawraith July 8th, 2017 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliffradical (Post 2008288)
If we're *really really* lucky LCT will release a whole line of the damn things and we won't have to fabricate SG1s and HK21s out of dremeled pvc pipe and sour dreams.

That's what it kind of looks like; I've seen a few variants of furniture on their FB posts. Not sure to what extent they're doing that though.