Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Canadian Airsoft News Stand (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   FCC 2013 new release (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=152394)

wildcard August 21st, 2013 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderCactus (Post 1827084)
Hm. Not totally appealing. I'd rather have good systema compatibility so I don't have to have a pair of SR25s to swap parts back and forth in the field.
I don't see any point to having a longer barrel/cylinder, most experts agree the shorter barrels are more accurate; the science is sound and we've got plenty of first hand experience that backs that up.
I REALLY want an SR25K though lol

oh it will be compatible but different in some things. You just have to wait and see

wildcard August 22nd, 2013 16:06

New Ambi bolt catch.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_yy9...ature=youtu.be

SuperHog August 23rd, 2013 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynamo (Post 1826968)
CNCed pot metal is still pot metal.

Wallace from Zshot says the new Systema is either CNC from billet 7075 or forge like real steel. Is this truth coming from his mouth?

Return of the Systema PTW at Shot Show 2013 - YouTube

mcguyver August 23rd, 2013 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperHog (Post 1827500)
Wallace from Zshot says the new Systema is either CNC from billet 7075 or forge like real steel. Is this truth coming from his mouth?

Return of the Systema PTW at Shot Show 2013 - YouTube

I have heard this from two or three other sources as well.

ThunderCactus August 23rd, 2013 00:47

Pot metal is cast metal. Castings are just generally softer and weaker than billet
You don't cast pot metal into billet, that's just not how it works lol

wildcard August 23rd, 2013 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcguyver (Post 1827503)
I have heard this from two or three other sources as well.

Well I hope they are hoping for a big government contract, I don't think those guys in the ATF will like it very much if the lower and upper are forged like the real thing

mcguyver August 23rd, 2013 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcard (Post 1827506)
Well I hope they are hoping for a big government contract, I don't think those guys in the ATF will like it very much if the lower and upper are forged like the real thing

Not every country has the adept ATF. And the issue is more likely an intertsate commerce in arms problems than simply and importation one.

One rumour I heard was that it was going to be an Amercian manufacturer for the receivers.

We shall see.

GBBR August 23rd, 2013 02:51

7075T6. Cool what's going to be their new mrsp

wildcard August 23rd, 2013 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcguyver (Post 1827510)
Not every country has the adept ATF. And the issue is more likely an intertsate commerce in arms problems than simply and importation one.

One rumour I heard was that it was going to be an Amercian manufacturer for the receivers.

We shall see.

you can always depend on the ATF to come up with something, it will be interesting to see an actual firearms manufacturer participating in airsoft other than just licencing its about time.

SuperHog August 25th, 2013 22:53

1 Attachment(s)
2013 Systema description on Redwolf's website

"Every part of the gun fits together perfectly, with precise aluminum die cast receiver you can feel the body's rigidity being much better than the regular AEG's in the market (like Classic Army, G&P, etc)."

So who told Wallace at Zshot that it was CNC 7075 or Forged?????

ThunderCactus August 25th, 2013 23:09

Cause, you know, retailers know what they're talking about lol

SuperHog August 26th, 2013 15:14

Wildcard,

Is the wait for a FCC still months?

I asked this question on another thread about the PTW. Does the PTW really need the hop mod?

wildcard August 26th, 2013 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperHog (Post 1828357)
Wildcard,

Is the wait for a FCC still months?

I asked this question on another thread about the PTW. Does the PTW really need the hop mod?

FCC CNC platform is still on hold, FTW and others are being released I have in stock 2 AOR 416D, FTW are inbound at customs, the new AOR don't need Hop up mod (its already modded)

just a little advice to dismiss any myth about FCC or PTW
- Having a FCC or a PTW does not give you ridiculous range as some has claimed, effective engagement range on these things are around 250-300ft
- Having FCC or PTW does not make you a better shooter but a properly tuned PTW/FCC will make it easier
- HAving a PTW/FCC is not maintainance free, it does require maintainance just like any other precision machinery
- PTW/FCC are expensive toys, toys do break and parts for them are expensive when compared to conventional airsoft platforms any beliefs or expectation that these things last forever are not true and probably the biggest pile of shit you can walk on.

SuperHog August 26th, 2013 17:50

Wildcard,

You don't need to tell me, I know the facts about spherical bb limitations on all airsoft guns. My VFC SSR can reach as far as my TM VSR10 easily.

It is a sin that the stock hop on the PTW is so bad and not consistent. The PTW or FTW I see just rocks in the area of quick cylinder change out, easy ECU replacement, overall design. I just blew a piston on my VFC last week and it is a pain to pull out the gear box and then open up the gear box. When my WE GBBR breaks, it take seconds to replace the part, but on a AEG, no so fast.

What I don't like which I can live with it, is the ability to use standard AEG mags for fore go the last round lock out. Too bad the PTW wasn't designed to use both.

mcguyver August 26th, 2013 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcard (Post 1828382)
the new AOR don't need Hop up mod (its already modded)

I'd like to see this.

Quote:

- Having a FCC or a PTW does not give you ridiculous range as some has claimed, effective engagement range on these things are around 250-300ft
I think most people would be tickled to get that kind of range out of any gun, but it is not hard to do with the TW platform.

Quote:

- Having FCC or PTW does not make you a better shooter but a properly tuned PTW/FCC will make it easier
I disagree. When your gun is clean, maintained and fit for service (just like any gun, real or airsoft), it will perform consistantly. Then you, as a shooter, know your gun, can predict how it will perform and know where your rounds are going. That makes you a better shooter.

Quote:

- HAving a PTW/FCC is not maintainance free, it does require maintainance just like any other precision machinery
From a performance perspective, all your maintenance is concentrated in the cylinder. The time and costs are extremely minimal, perhaps $2/year in lube and 20 minutes of your time per cylinder, if you are heavy on the trigger.

From a PM standpoint, a gearbox relube every 1-2 years, takes about 30 minutes, and about $3 in lube at most.

It is highly unlikely that you will suffer a broken component, it happens, but really is rare.

Quote:

- PTW/FCC are expensive toys, toys do break and parts for them are expensive when compared to conventional airsoft platforms any beliefs or expectation that these things last forever are not true and probably the biggest pile of shit you can walk on.
If you are breaking PTWs like matchsticks, there is no airsoft gun safe. If you are breaking internal components, there is something very wrong. If a PTW breaks gears, or you fry electronics, with a very small number of exceptions, it is user error.

You can't fix carelessness nor stupidity, and you can never engineer against destructive.