Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Canadian (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   C8 Discussion Thread (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=84825)

Huron January 29th, 2010 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondatech (Post 1152816)
So it's CCW threading on both threaded parts of that barrel? Gotta know what die to order ;)

Yep, both parts. You could probably just attach the front section to a factory PTW barrel if its 10 inch and 14mm-, if that's easier/cheaper.

airborneboi69 February 11th, 2010 21:46

In addition to od furniture there is also tan furniture a good percentage of the od furniture is painted over, i know i watched the wepon techs do it as for the tan all the do is paint them and bag em this why you see black comming through just like the od and even a very high amount of our handguards at 3bat r22r are black or painted green

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lerch (Post 1150012)
Possibly, or whoever said that they were painted was off their trolly ;)

But the new furniture is green and nothing but. I have seen some stocks though that were starting to look brown, but rest assured, they aren't painted.

DarkAngel February 20th, 2010 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upnorth (Post 1091585)
Moi !

You can buy that barrel ready made and with the correct markings here : http://airsoftglobal.com/product_inf...9b7478d75e3998

Terv !

Vincent

Out of curiosity, these 2 piece barrels, can they be used in both 10.5 and 14.5 inch configs? ie M4 and M4CQB etc etc. It looks to me that it can, but ive never really played around with the two pieces to really check it out.

Also wasnt sum1 gonna go do a whole whack of triad's? like a group order or something? what happned to that?

Huron February 20th, 2010 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel (Post 1168816)
Out of curiosity, these 2 piece barrels, can they be used in both 10.5 and 14.5 inch configs? ie M4 and M4CQB etc etc. It looks to me that it can, but ive never really played around with the two pieces to really check it out.

Also wasnt sum1 gonna go do a whole whack of triad's? like a group order or something? what happned to that?

Yeah you can run them in the long and short form, if they're like Huang/Dragonred's SFW barrel. Oh, it's 16 inch and 10 inch btw. Although the ProArms one is aluminium, Dragonred's is steel. But it's much heavier and about twice the price.

I think the group order for CNC'd triads fell through because reproducing them would be illegal, and in that scale it would have been risky.

DarkAngel February 21st, 2010 00:39

Is the 16 inch for the L119A1 barrel exclusively? Most M4 length outter barrels are 14.5 inch. the CQBR Length being 10.5 inches. (According to the manufacturers anyways, i dont ever actually measure them lol) I think ill hit the Steel one from Huang's, While the aluminum is lighter, the finishing on it looks cheap + painted. Huangs kinda looks more anodized. Can anyone verify this?

Pity the Triads fell through. Woulda loved getting one

Edit : Huang doesnt seem to have any on his page as in stock anymore, and dragonred no longer stocks them. Looks like im stuck with the pro arms one.

Huron February 21st, 2010 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel (Post 1168956)
Is the 16 inch for the L119A1 barrel exclusively? Most M4 length outter barrels are 14.5 inch. the CQBR Length being 10.5 inches. (According to the manufacturers anyways, i dont ever actually measure them lol) I think ill hit the Steel one from Huang's, While the aluminum is lighter, the finishing on it looks cheap + painted. Huangs kinda looks more anodized. Can anyone verify this?

Pity the Triads fell through. Woulda loved getting one

Edit : Huang doesnt seem to have any on his page as in stock anymore, and dragonred no longer stocks them. Looks like im stuck with the pro arms one.

Well they do make other 16 inch barrels for ARs, but yeah the C8SFW/A3 and L119A1 use a 16 inch barrel. Huang's is not a painted finish, so yes I believe it's treated grey. Plus although it's heavier than aluminium, it's very comforting to know that if you bump your barrel against something it's the object you bumped with it that's more likely to be damaged. :p
It's still on Dragonred here: http://dragonredairsoft.com/catalog/...products_id=68

DarkAngel February 21st, 2010 12:27

Tried to order from dragon red but they are out of stock too.

This leads me to beleive that it was a limited production run

Huron February 21st, 2010 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel (Post 1169119)
Tried to order from dragon red but they are out of stock too.

This leads me to beleive that it was a limited production run

I'd say ask Huang about it first, maybe he'd know. It's a nice barrel, worth looking into.

Vince February 21st, 2010 15:46

Lil' update on mine. Changed the body (my Dboys died in horrible circumstances), now a build around a CA body.

Added reinforced front sight and storm grip (thanks to Lerch)

Looks much better now IMO with the mismatched painted parts

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...1blackbody.jpg

And by the way, C8 are 16in barrel not 14.5, 14.5 would be regular US M4A1

Lerch February 21st, 2010 16:13

What sling are you using?

Farmboy February 21st, 2010 17:02

Get rid of that junk three point sling!!!

The a huge number of CF members use Vickers slings. They have also been procured by a number of units that deployed.

Get rid of the carry handle and put on an Aimpoint, EOTech or ACOG.

warbird February 21st, 2010 18:51

Yeh, but it's an authentic carry handle;)

Vince February 21st, 2010 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmboy (Post 1169279)
Get rid of that junk three point sling!!!

The a huge number of CF members use Vickers slings. They have also been procured by a number of units that deployed.

Get rid of the carry handle and put on an Aimpoint, EOTech or ACOG.

Though I'm posting this in the Canadian part of the sub-forum I'm going for UKSF variation. It's still a C8 but with slight changes, carry handle, grip and front sight being the most noticeable.

As for the sling I totally agree, I have a Blue Force combat sling and it's the best thing I ever had! It's mounted on my M4 though. (I won that sling from you in a raffle at the LZ Ottawa :D).

The one I currently have on is a Blackhawk and is a pain to use... Can't adjust it on the fly like the Blue Force. Expect an order from me anytime soon :)

Farmboy February 21st, 2010 20:30

Quote:

As for the sling I totally agree, I have a Blue Force combat sling and it's the best thing I ever had! It's mounted on my M4 though. (I won that sling from you in a raffle at the LZ Ottawa ).
Good to hear!! :D

Jager627 February 22nd, 2010 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Skeletor- (Post 1169754)
Some CF pers buy their own carry handles for their C8s and either run with just that or mount their eotech on the handguards and co-sight the iron sight/carry handle with the eotech.

An yea, the Vickers 2 point sling is an excellent sling. I run my work rifle with the vickers and a Spec Ops wolf hook.

No you don't, we don't trust you with a weapon anymore ;-)