Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Gear Discussion (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Reccomendations for a vest (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=160789)

Debrief December 9th, 2013 01:42

Reccomendations for a vest

Looking for some recommendations regarding a vest for next season.

I currently run a Tyr Tactical COMA chest rig, but I find I'd like some more room for pouches, and it's too big for me as I've gotten in shape over the last couple months.

Some criteria a vest would have to have:

-Comes in a plain green color
-Able to take 2x Triple HK417 MOLLE pouches on the front (27cm).
-Able to mount a 2L hydration carrier on the back
-I'd ideally like to run a dump pouch under my right arm, so MOLLE attachment points on the side are a big plus
-No more than $200

Thanks for your input!

GBBR December 9th, 2013 02:42

6094a

mrdzicc December 9th, 2013 02:46

I have a Flyye 6094 and I love it. Super comfortable and not too heavy. It has a pouch right in the front for mags (LBT makes an insert so you can fit 7.62 mags in it, keeping a low profile) and has MOLLE all over it. I'd sell you mine but its Coyote Brown lol. I paid $70 or $80 for this here on the forum but new Flyye ones usually run a little more than $100 USD. The cheapest I've seen (from a quick 2 min look on LBT's website and Ebay) is that a real LBT 6094A in green is $363 USD (you or somebody else may find one cheaper being more persistent in your search) That is ok if you want a plate carrier.

I would say get the 5.11 Tactical LBE Vest for a chest rig. It can do everything you have listed. Its $99 from opsgear.

I'm personally partial to the plate carriers so I can't really say which chest rig would be best as I don't use them very often

unknownvariable December 9th, 2013 15:25

++ Flyye 6094 but this is mostly a personal preference. I like to run light and only carry what I need (and I don't milsim). The 6094 is small and lets you move around easily.

I also have a Flyye CIRAS (Marine) with all the pouches. It'll run you close to $200 but it is a larger vest.

Definitely love Flyye over the no name stuff out there.

OM3GA December 9th, 2013 19:45

I'll offer up something else, the Shellback Tactical Banshee. It's a great pc and hard to beat under for $200.

Something else to keep an eye out for is LBT's sales. Their vests have been on sale for right around $200 and those are usually the solid color ones.

Short Round December 9th, 2013 20:14

What everyone else has been saying, either go 6094 or Banshee.

I personally own a Banshee (Gen 1.) which is now priced $30ish cheaper than the Gen 2. which is $200-$210; only difference between the two are the cummberbund it comes with.

Something to also note is that both will work great if you run a battle belt.

Overall you can't go wrong with either of these vests.

Debrief December 9th, 2013 20:42

What exactly are the differences between the Banshee and the 6094, other than price?

kullwarrior December 9th, 2013 22:28

6094 has a pocket for pouch insert. The idea is that you can have a 6 mag loadout using kangaroo insert with only need one layer of side by side on the PALS (M16 magazine)
In HK417 or 7.62NATO type mag it works out to four mags (2 in the kangaroo)

Magnaroth December 20th, 2013 07:54

I, personally, like Chest rigs over full vests for "high speed, low drag". If you're interested in a versitile molle chest rig I will suggest 762tactical's Plane-Jane Operator Chest rig. You could couple it with some HSGI 417 pouches, and whatever else you require.

You can also opt for a hydration pack with the rig when you order it, so it's good to go right when you get it.

Zack The Ripper December 20th, 2013 14:40

Beating beaten dead horse.

6094A with elastic cummerbunds is tits.

JPC is also badass. I have one and its as high speed as you'll get for a plate carrier.

Banshee and Mayflower PCs are a good option as well (again beating the ever-beaten horse).

ThunderCactus December 20th, 2013 14:41

ur-tactical easy plate
shellback banshee

Ricochet December 20th, 2013 15:02

No more than $200, lots of real estate, comfortable, etc.

Condor Defender $200

Condor Operator $120

Easy to get, made of real cordura, triple stitched, one size fits all.

Are you small framed? Like well below average size? Then spend the extra, and get a sized PC.

Condors are not super light weight, and the defender can get warm. But they are better quality that Pantac, Flyye, etc, they aren't replica, and they are usually cheaper. I think they come in OD or ranger green or something. They definitely come in tan, multicam, and A-Tacs AU.

redneck12 December 20th, 2013 15:47

There is also the Condor Cyclone, which is a good alternative to the 6094 style PC's

NVC December 20th, 2013 17:51

Debrief

Go with the Shellback Tactical Banshee. You can combo it with the Haley Stratgic D3 Chest rig or the TMC clone. So you can switch to chest rig or PC or both. I have both the Banshee and D3 chest rig. PM me I am local and you can try it on to see if you like it.

TMG - Haley Strategic D3CR integration with Shellback Tactical Banshee - YouTube

Debrief December 21st, 2013 13:30

How's the banshee for size? I'm 6'3, and it looks a little small from what I've been seeing. Would prefer a vest that covers most of the torso vs. just the upper half.