Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Canadian Airsoft News Stand (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   SYSTEMA Releases 2012 PTW Details (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=137531)

Darklen March 8th, 2012 01:19

And still no G36 version...

FreelancerInc March 8th, 2012 08:15

bob i feel your pain man

Viperfish March 8th, 2012 12:15

Maybe i should hop on the PTW train....

R3CON1 March 8th, 2012 12:43

Some good add... Now how much for this add ...

MadMorbius March 8th, 2012 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by leblanc74 (Post 1618127)
Are you kidding me...I just ordered my Inokatsu and now P.T W. has a new one coming out? Will it be with the silver cylinder?

That's ok...you still can't use 'em in the rain :)

wildcard March 8th, 2012 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMorbius (Post 1618504)
That's ok...you still can't use 'em in the rain :)

Lol maybe yours Morb, I 've played in torrential rain in mine no issues on the PTW except those damn 1st and 2nd gen piece of shit

theshaneler March 8th, 2012 14:02

ya, the new electronics don't have issues with the rain

Warlock March 8th, 2012 14:49

What is the difference with the new hop-up ?

Do we still have to remove the mag like the old one ?

wildcard March 8th, 2012 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock (Post 1618554)
What is the difference with the new hop-up ?

Do we still have to remove the mag like the old one ?

the new 2012 hop up have 50% of tackleberry hop up mod done

Ricochet March 12th, 2012 11:00

Like anything electronic it should dried out after use in the rain. But I can attest that they stand up just fine in most weather conditions. Some of the after market optics come pre-sealed. "available from doubletaptactical". I'm assuming this will be an added feature. The Gen3/2008 versions stood up very well as it were. Systema also mentioned that they dropped there motor manufacturer awhile back. The problem being the manufacturing, not the design. So hopefully that's been dealt with. But if Tack says they are still hit or miss, then I guess that's that. I'm curious to see the new price, I wouldn't mind getting another M16.

Who knows what the next gun they release will be. It seems the American Military is sticking with the M4/M16 series, after much debate. A few years back Systema announced R&D going into making the Scar. However that project was dropped after the announcement of the ACR Masada. I assumed all the trouble the ACR has been having would halt Systema from making a training weapon version. It would seem that the Masada is still being worked on though. And if Systema is releasing their new PTW with Magpul pieces then the Masada may still be their next logical step. Unfortunately anytime they announce a new gun it takes them four plus years to get it out on the market.

Blackthorne March 12th, 2012 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildcard (Post 1618527)
Lol maybe yours Morb, I 've played in torrential rain in mine no issues on the PTW except those damn 1st and 2nd gen piece of shit

Same here. I've run mine wetter than any AEG I've owned and it's been fine. Stock too. No aftermarket nail polish :D

frackz March 12th, 2012 11:35

i hope parts are interchangeable ! would like a little stronger hop up to use with heavier weight BB's.

wildcard March 12th, 2012 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by frackz (Post 1620633)
i hope parts are interchangeable ! would like a little stronger hop up to use with heavier weight BB's.

if you get your PTW from double tap the hop up mod is already done, I started to use .45 on my M16A3 with the red cylinder just for shits and giggles and it have no issues, straight and far. My M4 also with the tackleberry mod also have no issues using heavier grade bbs

Ricochet March 12th, 2012 13:13

The hop-up mod is phenomenal. As well the motor mod. I had Tackleberry do my '07, and it went for four years. Actually it died when I smashed my lower receiver and grip at Cold Front II. Either way, well worth it.

MadMorbius March 14th, 2012 09:50

Mine's a gen 3 I believe, and (at best) you lose semi auto when it's wet.