Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   ASC News and Announcements (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Threats of Physical Harm (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=163151)

BloodSport March 11th, 2014 23:58

Threats of Physical Harm

I should not be having to make a post about this, threatening other members with physical harm is against the forum rules, and can also become an issue with the authorities if the member threatened deems it necessary to contact the police.

Tonight I was provided proof from a member who received a threat from another member to act with physical harm at an upcoming event.

Said member has been given his only warning to never do so again here. Next time it is full removal from the site for ever.

I am also providing said members information to the event hosts for them to make their own decision on whether to allow him access to their events or not.

If you threaten physical harm, and the receiving party decides to take it to the police and they investigate we will give up your information if it is done via ASC to the police. This includes your age verification information.

No one needs or deserves threats of physical assault over anything to do with out sport like that.

Nuff said.

R.I.T.Z March 12th, 2014 00:12

It is quite sad that this has to be said and posted

GBBR March 12th, 2014 00:17

wth..

pestobanana March 12th, 2014 00:38

It was me, I threatened to pinch GBBR's nipple.

GBBR March 12th, 2014 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestobanana (Post 1875011)
It was me, I threatened to pinch GBBR's nipple.

I can only pretend to not want that.

pestobanana March 12th, 2014 00:41

But on a serious note, that is ridiculous. Does this happen frequently or was it just a one off case?

Janus March 12th, 2014 02:20

If it was the discussion I'm thinking of that spawned it, it's definitely not the norm.

Jimski March 12th, 2014 07:36

in my opinion that should be an immediate ban but what do I know.

Jimski March 12th, 2014 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestobanana (Post 1875013)
But on a serious note, that is ridiculous. Does this happen frequently or was it just a one off case?

it has happened before.

BioRage March 12th, 2014 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBBR (Post 1875012)
I can only pretend to not want that.

I know someone who can help you with that. ;)

OT: Really? This is almost a joke that this was posted. Sad, sad sad.

I think we can all agree a ban should be in placed, or a suspension for some time (3 months).

thebreadbandit. March 12th, 2014 09:29

1 Attachment(s)
Seems like someone got pretty butthurt... Any details about why he decided to resort to physical violence (ie. terrible debating skills)?

leth1337 March 12th, 2014 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebreadbandit. (Post 1875066)
Seems like someone got pretty butthurt... Any details about why he decided to resort to physical violence (ie. terrible debating skills)?

Maybe he/she threatened the hurting of someone else's butt IRL

Brian McIlmoyle March 12th, 2014 10:08

Details are immaterial, Fact is, if you utter threats , and are dumb enough to send it in text you deserve everything you get.

Scouser March 12th, 2014 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle (Post 1875079)
Details are immaterial, Fact is, if you utter threats , and are dumb enough to send it in text you deserve everything you get.

agreed

airsoft is an honour based sport, why someone would think that threatening another member of the canadian airsoft community was okay, i have no idea but im sure the mods will take care of it

akira69 March 12th, 2014 10:24

Ya if your going to threaten someone don't splash the proof all over the place.

groundraven March 12th, 2014 10:36

Similar things have happened to our airsoft site as well. Not so much as being threatened by other members but more harassed for the gear they wear and the weapons they use. Members are being bugged and picked on to a point where some thought of leaving.What ever happen to airsoft being a fun sport to be in.

BloodSport March 12th, 2014 10:38

I've said it before the only physical altercations in this sport should be done via the sharing of love via bursts of white joy (aka BB's on the field in a game! or if needed via a mexican standoff), or the odd dryhump..... Other then that it is not needed, cooler heads need to prevail, nothing is worth getting a charge for assault or threat of assault over as it will screw up your life, job, travel plans and much much more.

Like I said in my original post. Nuff said, the details behind this post do not need to be dragged out. The post itself is enough of a warning, which also means every member has received their "first" warning about this type of incident and the second warning results in a ban now.

FOX_111 March 12th, 2014 11:43

I came across a lot of hot tempers over the years. Both on here and on the field. Some time, a physical altercation was this close to happen but got prevented by other players.

In this age of ever present HD camera, lot's of them mounted on our helmets, it would be quite foolish to do anything violent outside of the gameplay rules.

I suggest that those with hot tempers either seek help to deal with it or find another sport. Something less stressfull, like maybe trading card or knitting?

I would never hesitate to make an arrest and press charge if I've withnessed violent act or any criminal act in game. Not that it's a recuring problem, but it still happen occasionnally.

Desmodus March 12th, 2014 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSport (Post 1875088)
I've said it before the only physical altercations in this sport should be done via the sharing of love via bursts of white joy (aka BB's on the field in a game! or if needed via a mexican standoff), or the odd dryhump..... Other then that it is not needed, cooler heads need to prevail, nothing is worth getting a charge for assault or threat of assault over as it will screw up your life, job, travel plans and much much more.

Like I said in my original post. Nuff said, the details behind this post do not need to be dragged out. The post itself is enough of a warning, which also means every member has received their "first" warning about this type of incident and the second warning results in a ban now.

http://i.imgur.com/VmEobOW.gif

hattrick March 12th, 2014 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSport (Post 1875088)
I've said it before the only physical altercations in this sport should be done via the sharing of love via bursts of white joy (aka BB's on the field in a game! or if needed via a mexican standoff), or the odd dryhump.....

You made my day a little less terrible.

thebreadbandit. March 12th, 2014 13:43

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FOX_111 (Post 1875113)
I suggest that those with hot tempers either seek help to deal with it or find another sport. Something less stressfull, like maybe trading card or knitting?

Their faces when they sign up for a knitting club and discover they like it.

Kokanee March 12th, 2014 21:02

It seems there are more and more violent incidences happening in the sport. I only got out to about five events this past year here in Edmonton, and witnessed two myself.

Both cases involved an argument over if one player was "dead" (the classic "you! you are dead! I SHOT YOU YOU ARE DEAD!!!!" issue). The first involved a player becoming hysterical and emptying a magazine into the object of their rage at arms length. The second was simply a case of a player again, demanding a player remove themselves from play and insisting they had been hit by fire, then (i watched this happen) making a very calculated, purposeful decision to as the last case, empty an entire magazine into their foil as "retribution" of a sort.

In both cases, the players were not expelled from the game nor disciplined in any way. I think it's up to game hosts/field owners at this point to start cracking down on this bs and adopt a no tolerance policy for this kind of stuff.

Ricochet March 13th, 2014 00:45

Absolutely zero tolerance! Here, here!

BogardusFoul March 13th, 2014 03:44

Should I report a threat of violence against me even though I never actually felt threatened, and think that the individual who threatened me is a joke?

RitualSlaughter March 13th, 2014 06:30

sad

it's terrible that things can get so out of hand in a gaming community that ppl need to worry about stuff like this, I agree that a warning first and then banning if it happens again.

Jimski March 13th, 2014 07:09

if one is stupid enough to need a warning, might as well get rid of him immediately.

zone 69 March 13th, 2014 10:26

I have seen this behavior twice before in my time playing airsoft and it seemed the host did not know how to deal with it or just did not want to deal with it so I took it upon myself to defuse the situation and try to lay it out that it was not appropriate to act in that fashion and not to be threatening violence.

I felt the need to step in as the one being threaten was allot smaller and younger and was in the right to question his actions on braking the rules.

lurkingknight March 13th, 2014 11:06

didn't call hit? shoot them again.

Still don't call hit? shoot them in a more sensitive area like arms and legs... shoot him in the ass.

Still don't call hit? move to a different location and shoot them again.

Still don't call it?

Take solace in the fact that you shot the bitch multiple times and he was powerless to stop you from outsmarting, outmaneuvering and outshooting him.

Don't just assume that your gun can shoot 40000 meters, through cross wind and foliage that you can hit something the size of a quarter.

Then again, when it comes to threads like this... I'm just preaching to the choir.

Corinth March 13th, 2014 11:53

Making a threat against you known to the community is a wise move but if it is felt to be serious enough, do not hesitate to speak to the proper authorities. I couldn't imagine the circumstances that would lead to such a thing but regardless of the facts it comes down to the safety of every player in the sport.

I take it upon myself to instruct my team on the basic principles of how to conduct oneself both on and off the field, to be honest, fair and to take responsibility for their actions. It can be difficult sometimes to stifle tempers once they have flared, however team leaders and game referees must act swiftly to ensure that such disagreements, no matter how petty they seem, are sorted out properly and promptly. If we want airsoft to be recognized as a sport and taken seriously, it's our jobs to present it in a good light by behaving like adults and keeping an attitude of levelheadedness.

To borrow a quote from Henry Blaha, when he was speaking of the conduct of Rugby players on and off the field:
"Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen,"
So too must we keep this in mind.

PaddMadd March 13th, 2014 13:14

The fact that this thread even has to exist is completely fucking sad. We all know that there's tons of immaturity on here, and at most levels, it's all in good fun. However, we're not fucking twelve year olds. Threats of violence to someone over a fuckin' SPORT?! Grow up.
Evidently, someone needs to stop playing so much Call of Duty, or needs to sell their gear and get a new hobby. We're all adults, this "fgt ill fight u irl" bullshit has no place here. Act your fucking age.

/rant

BloodSport March 13th, 2014 22:28

Things are going to change, ignore this warning and you will join the member I just banned.

This topic is not up for debate or discussion.

/locked.

BloodSport June 11th, 2014 10:32

Reminder this is not up for discussion.

Proof has been provided of threats made over a trade dispute via our systems PM and emails after the initial pm comments were warned that a ban would follow if continued.

User then took it to the emails to take off the boards and another threat was issued.

This user has now been banned as per the stance against threats of physical harm.

Anyone else want to join these two users? Let me know and I will flick the switch save us all some work in the future that way.