Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   General (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Do you hate ARES? (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=130929)

Danke February 2nd, 2012 11:13

That's the frustration with Ares.

A lot of though into a nice product with touches like that and nice externals so very attractive but if something goes wrong you're up shit creek.

Daiviet February 2nd, 2012 11:31

Yeap. The first time i had something break they were actually quite easy to deal with in terms of getting spare parts. Had the stock on my scar crack after i landed on it the wrong way, within a week i had 3 new stock pieces at my door step (2 for myself, 1 for someone else who broke theirs).

Now however, my mechbox cracked and since its proprietary I can't use anyone elses' V2 shell. Contact Ares back in December, got a reply from a lady named Belle saying she'd be looking into inventory and pricing for me. I've sent two follow up emails with no reply, getting annoying. You'd think mechbox shells would be a in plentiful inventory.

On a side note, anyone got an ares v2 shell they're willing to part with?

Curo February 2nd, 2012 12:37

I gotta agree my PTS Masada (has ARES internals) performs well, the externals are bar none (anyone who has seen a PTS masada knows this). But am constantly worried something might break.

DrSmashPanda February 2nd, 2012 19:52

This is kinda random but...
I have an Ares G36c, and i have a weird ass problem with it. So it fires full auto on semi, but only if there's BBs in the gun. With no mag it's fine, with a mag with no BBs it's fine, with a mag with 1 or more BBs it'll either double tap or go full. O.o
Anyone have this problem before?

ThunderCactus February 2nd, 2012 21:26

Well the BB's actually have nothing to do with how your gun cycles, so yeah I would say that's a weird ass problem lol
Should take that one to a gun doc!

DrSmashPanda February 3rd, 2012 00:34

Okay, i fiddled with the selector a bit, and kinda of made sure nothing was out of place. Now it fires one, then 2, then one, then 2, etc for a bout 30-40 BBs then i stopped.
I'm pretty much mind fucked with this thing. O_____o

Curo February 3rd, 2012 02:48

Also you shouldn't dry fire AEG's thats probably not helping.

Amos February 3rd, 2012 03:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobalt Caliber (Post 1599296)
Also you shouldn't dry fire AEG's thats probably not helping.

Firing an AEG a few times without BB's in them is fine.

Just don't go around firing in excess of 30-40 shots dry.

Drizzt May 9th, 2012 23:07

Ares G36C :mad:

Gearbox broke, motor burn.

I repair my motor, cleaning and replacing bushing with bearing.

But on the gearbox where normaly you have a pin to maintains cylinder head, I have a hole.

Play only 8 games,full day each, around 4000 rds.

Semi-auto is my best friend so I dont use alot of BBs.

Mr. inked August 15th, 2012 10:49

trying to find a fucking piston that will work in my m4.........damn ares and not letting me use any piston out there nooooo gotta make it freaking difficult

Mr. inked August 15th, 2012 14:02

my buddy who is a gun doc is trying to mod a piston guess you need the grind the piss out of them to make them fit....but still ares fuck sakes just make it so we can use just about any piston.......

SuperHog September 4th, 2012 23:04

I was given a used Ares AW338 and the exterior looked terrific. Apparently the internals got busted up because the owner put a 190 spring in it and did not put it together properly.

After opening it, it appears to be mix match of different platforms and proprietary parts.

Well, Ares, is this gun VSR-10, L96, APS2 or your own creation?

I was about to buy a new Ares AW338 until I found this out.

Ricochet September 5th, 2012 11:02

I have an Ares AW .338 "gas system", and so far I have been really happy with it. There are a few "quirks" to deal with, but nothing serious a little machining won't help.

Cons:
- the bolt stop wears out easily, and is difficult to remove. (it is however a small piece that would be easy and cheap to have machined from steel)
- the gun shoots over 500 FPS with 0.20g BBs on propane, and does not lose enough FPS when running a heavier round. (it would be simple to Make a pressure control valve for it)
- this bastard is heavy for a sniper. (it's not really a con, as this gun is very realistic; but you almost "need" a bi-pod. The stand and shoot would be difficult)
- the cost of the magazines is high (like $70 or more)

JerryMcGoulBerry September 9th, 2012 17:51

The only proprietary parts is the spring guide and shell. Not a big deal. Love quick change spring systems. ARES should use better parts though. I was going to get one but almost everyone told me not to. None of them actually had one. I met a tech who has one and loves it. He broke the spring guide but easily got another one. He told me I should of gotten one, I should have.

ThunderCactus September 9th, 2012 18:50

As bad as ARES may be, the STAR M4's are much worse.