Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Airsoft Guns Discussion (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Gun Guru needed, everyone chime in with some names (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=50429)

Danke January 9th, 2008 17:15

Gun Guru needed, everyone chime in with some names

OK so I may be new but I wasn't born last night.

I've thumbed through the classifieds, talked to the still living dealers either by email or in person, bought into group buys and so on.

I need someone between the typical retail spot burning the candle at both ends and someone with a pal in HK who can sew together a group buy. A spot that can source parts that are a bit off the track and charge a fair price for both of us.

Known problems like new triggers for a USP Compact or parts for a bit off the beaten track AEG like VFC.

Anyone who makes a living at this? Who's the King?

yanhchan January 9th, 2008 17:31

JAFA or was it JAFX? in Japan and can get you pretty much any part.

Aquamarine January 9th, 2008 17:40

I used to know this one guy....

ProbeJax January 9th, 2008 17:45

My uncle works in Japan...I don't have bunch experience buying and selling to the community, though.

Danke January 9th, 2008 17:54

Getting warmer but still not quite right. You have to consider how much time you uncle will spend tracking down something for a stranger on the internet.

Now on the sight here a guy like Illusion seems to suit, but are there others out there?

Styrak January 9th, 2008 17:59

If I was in Japan...

Aquamarine January 9th, 2008 19:02

*looks around*

The Saint January 9th, 2008 19:12

JAFA is perfectly capable of supplying the majority of Japanese OEM parts. Parts he can't get, like WA, is due to the companies' disinclination to deal in that market.

When looking for KWA or KSC parts, remember KWA and KSC sell essentially the same guns. JAFA can get KSC parts.

Finding someone in HK (for most Chinese clone AEG parts) or Taiwan (for most Taiwanese clone gas pistol parts) is probably going to be the most useful for Danke.

Greylocks January 9th, 2008 19:30

Can I point to the obvious? ----> Aquamarine

Aquamarine January 9th, 2008 20:22

No no, Grey, that would be TOO obvious.

matt491 January 9th, 2008 21:01

I'm confused. When this title said Gun Guru needed, I assumed that meant a gun doctor.

Sadiztix January 9th, 2008 21:09

aqua is the shit
he even has that free shit from japan
not really quite sure what it was but i remember seeing a video with him talking about it

Ronan January 9th, 2008 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greylocks (Post 611541)
Go FAQ yourself.

Fixed :D

And yeah go Aquamarine :p

Aquamarine January 9th, 2008 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sadiztix (Post 611611)
aqua is the shit
he even has that free shit from japan
not really quite sure what it was but i remember seeing a video with him talking about it

And I still occasionally send shit like that out.

Danke January 10th, 2008 00:30

Well then let's start small, how about that KSC USP compact trigger? Mine's used so I don't know if the guys who had in before me dry fired it till they hand sausage fingers so I'd like to have a spare in the toolbox.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I see the gun doctor as a fixer, and the gun guru as the guy who helps show you the path.

If you can't do the trigger how about some nice Sake!