Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Upgrades & Modifications (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Modify S110 V2 Complete Gearbox - M16A2 Questions (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=140881)

Rob121 May 22nd, 2012 20:36

Modify S110 V2 Complete Gearbox - M16A2 Questions

I am having problems with my gearbox going through pistons, as well as compression problems. I am thinking of purchasing this complete gearbox. I was wondering if anybody has any experience with it as well as any thoughts about it before i spend the money to purchase it?

MaciekA May 22nd, 2012 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob121 (Post 1657100)
I am having problems with my gearbox going through pistons, as well as compression problems. I am thinking of purchasing this complete gearbox. I was wondering if anybody has any experience with it as well as any thoughts about it before i spend the money to purchase it?

Yes, the complete Modify gearbox (even the updated version for sale right now on airsoftparts) has trouble fitting in some bodies (G&P for example). It's definitely a nice gearbox with good parts, however, I recommend you explore other options before buying it.

Also, there's no compression or piston problem that you can't solve in whatever gearbox you already have. In fact, the two issues you mention are often intimately related -- when compression is bad, this can easily cause in jams or double feeds, which gradually strips pistons. If you've been going through many pistons, the solution to your problems may be as simple as ensuring your piston's o-ring is stretched and well-lubricated, that your hopup bucking is properly sealing, and that your hopup is properly secured against your gearbox for a good nozzle seal.

For a fraction of a fraction of the cost of that Modify gearbox, you may be able to resolve your compression and/or feeding problems and stop your pistons from stripping.

The other possibility for piston destruction is if you're running high voltage batteries.. in which case we can talk about AoE and other such matters.

Hope that helps

Styrak May 23rd, 2012 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaciekA (Post 1657194)
Also, there's no compression or piston problem that you can't solve in whatever gearbox you already have. In fact, the two issues you mention are often intimately related -- when compression is bad, this can easily cause in jams or double feeds, which gradually strips pistons. If you've been going through many pistons, the solution to your problems may be as simple as ensuring your piston's o-ring is stretched and well-lubricated, that your hopup bucking is properly sealing, and that your hopup is properly secured against your gearbox for a good nozzle seal.

For a fraction of a fraction of the cost of that Modify gearbox, you may be able to resolve your compression and/or feeding problems and stop your pistons from stripping.

Yes, this. I see way too many people who just want to throw money at the problem instead of spending $10 on a part and $25 on a gun doctor and having a perfectly fine working gun.

Rob121 May 23rd, 2012 07:10

I was just wondering if it would be a decent deal as the gun and the parts are a few years old. My friend who last worked on the gun also seemed to have stripped the gear box screws. Would anybody know where to get new gear box screws? I did not seem to find them on airsoftparts.ca

phloudernow May 23rd, 2012 10:05

i heard great things about this gearbox though, I'm thinking of getting it for a new build I'm doing from scratch anyone can tell me if its worth getting or not? gona be using a KA metal body for it

wildcard May 25th, 2012 00:24

Modify 110 complete box is awesome it fits on my G&P M249 SF and G&P Stoner MK23 with 0 issues. Shooting at a very consistent 362fps w/.25 BBBastards

@phloudernow just get the complete box from airsoftparts.ca it's cheaper and less headaches