Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Airsoft Media (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   The Amazing Race Gun Thread (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=74482)

Daiviet March 7th, 2009 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbcsteve (Post 934203)
Gold Member
I couldn't stop thinking about modding my next Hicapa for CAPS but I am sad that this one is hard to find, says on the Freedom Art site only 50 were made, garggh its all gone everywhere.... its definitely different than most designs. Unless someone knows a good metallic gold paint I can use :P

http://www.gun-freedom-art.com/hi45custum/acb2toneg.jpg

Dirty Harry
This one is always goddamn sold out too. I really like the front end its not too boxy, yum yum

http://www.gun-freedom-art.com/hi45custum/hi45aqg1.jpg

Dude, the second one is what I use on my capa. I think i got the last one that WGC had lol
And the first one, Alan has that one in silver i believe.

Shirley March 7th, 2009 00:12

Damn, some rare Freedom Art frames huh..

Ronan March 7th, 2009 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daiviet (Post 933947)
your mags certainly don't

LOL! The moment is still fresh in my mind, i got a couple convo's on MSN with all the same link to his 'mag test' lol....:D

RacingManiac March 7th, 2009 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daiviet (Post 934491)
Dude, the second one is what I use on my capa. I think i got the last one that WGC had lol
And the first one, Alan has that one in silver i believe.

I thought yours was the 4.3 version?

cbcsteve March 7th, 2009 02:18

Crapola...

That gold one is no longer manufactured :(

I am guessing Freedom Art is probably coming out with some new stuff I hope

Daiviet March 7th, 2009 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by RacingManiac (Post 934500)
I thought yours was the 4.3 version?

Nope, Alan has the 4.3, I've got full length 5.1

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbcsteve (Post 934561)
Crapola...

That gold one is no longer manufactured :(

I am guessing Freedom Art is probably coming out with some new stuff I hope

They slowly come out with stuff, i know they made some new monstrosity when the Xtreme came out.

RacingManiac March 7th, 2009 11:45

How much are the FA's frame in country anyway? I am wondering if it might be better just get ProG4 to make one.....;)

Daiviet March 7th, 2009 12:06

its about 300 landed, but not much selection to it. I wish mine didnt have the bevel cut at the bottom, just straight and blockly.

the4thpower3 March 7th, 2009 18:15

ichimaru gin - very nice, clean pistol you have there.
Did you polish the frame yourself?

I think most of the Freedom Art kits look a little wacky.
I think they are confused. They are different breed maybe. "Raceticool".
But they are cool considerering, they are the cheapest way to get a long frame, comp set up.
And the fact that they have inner barrel holders in the comp makes it that much better.
I just can't stand the rails. Does anyone need a racegun with a torch or a laser?
Or an extended length tactical gun with a compensator?

ILLusion March 8th, 2009 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by the4thpower3 (Post 934870)
I just can't stand the rails. Does anyone need a racegun with a torch or a laser?
Or an extended length tactical gun with a compensator?

Hmm..... yes?

lol.

It's why I stopped using them as well. Prior to ProG4 and even Shooters Design releasing their frames, I had strictly used Freedom Arts frames for a couple of years.

ichimaru gin March 8th, 2009 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by the4thpower3 (Post 934870)
ichimaru gin - very nice, clean pistol you have there.
Did you polish the frame yourself?

Thanks Sir the4thpower3 and Yes, I polished it myself. I didnt mean to do that though. It was an accident that happened to my frame that made me polished it. I wanted to paint the gun black and did some powder coating. The result was one hell of a wack off, so I ended up polishing it and the result was quite satisfying for me.

cbcsteve March 8th, 2009 13:46

Just got into the race gun world but I was wondering I noticed quite a lot of you guys have a longer chasis does that improve on anything?

RacingManiac March 8th, 2009 14:44

Might make the gun's balance shift further toward the nozzle, which helps on stablizing the gun on blowback. And it looks cool....:D

Actually I don't have any LDC gun....though I do have longer comp and serves the same purpose and hides the innerbarrel...

Daiviet March 8th, 2009 14:58

Like RM said, more balance on the gun to stabalize blowback, compensator hides longer inner barrel. The freedom art compensators also secure the inner barrel in place, allowing for better accuracy.

wildcard March 8th, 2009 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbcsteve (Post 935285)
Just got into the race gun world but I was wondering I noticed quite a lot of you guys have a longer chasis does that improve on anything?

longer inner barrel, better accuracy and distance, counter the blowback, personally it makes the gun a bit more balanced during rapid shots