Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   General (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Airsoft Canada 2008 (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=69072)

Styrak October 16th, 2008 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by surebet (Post 840888)
More work for you guys, but I see plenty of good in the SA model.

Only paying subscribers have access to a/some/all forums, ability to pay to change the avatar or title of another member, etc...

Or just hook us up again with the silver/gold/plat titles.

Restricted access to people who don't pay? I don't think that was a part of the whole idea...

FOX_111 October 16th, 2008 00:22

I don't mind supporting the site financially. I just hope the amount of goodies is not proportionnal to the amount to give.

Because some people have more than money to donate to this forum.

jesster202 October 16th, 2008 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronan (Post 840850)
How much to get a 'Airsoft Canada, Home of RONAN' banner on the top right?:D

one billion dollors muhaahahahahah lol

Lakonian October 16th, 2008 00:54

Uhhh... WTF... it says I have one unread PM, and all my PMs have been checked?

Issues??

surebet October 16th, 2008 01:59

ISSUE: AdSense links to International sellers. As much as I encourage Darwinism, I think it would be unfair to our Canadian noobs to have links pointing to cheap US guns.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather pay 20$+ from my pocket than allow some poor sap to get suckered in to getting a seizure or worst.

I imagine I can rationalize this by saying I don't want the board to be flooded by butthurt noobs whining about seizures.

Styrak October 16th, 2008 02:08

They way I see it, if they're smart enough to find ASC, they can read up on Canadian airsoft. If they order from overseas it's their fault.

White_knight October 16th, 2008 05:50

i dont seem to have access to the age verifiers thread anymore

Cobrajr122 October 16th, 2008 07:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by surebet (Post 841017)
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather pay 20$+ from my pocket than allow some poor sap to get suckered in to getting a seizure or worst.

I imagine I can rationalize this by saying I don't want the board to be flooded by butthurt noobs whining about seizures.

I compleatly agree. This is the first thing I thought of when I saw the ads. That and we might get more thread like this: "is this gun good? I found it on your links, it must be good lololoolololollol."

I'm in for donating.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Styrak (Post 841023)
They way I see it, if they're smart enough to find ASC, they can read up on Canadian airsoft. If they order from overseas it's their fault.

When the last time you were 14? Most noobs are just gonna see the cheap price and just go bug their parents to order. The less reading they have to do to find the super leet guns the better.

Lisa October 16th, 2008 08:05

I am tweaking the ads, its slow cause i can't click on them as per the agreement with google.

Crunchmeister October 16th, 2008 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_knight (Post 841076)

Same. I no longer have access to the verifier's thread, and will have info to post later today after I meet with someone.

Jackals October 16th, 2008 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by surebet (Post 840888)
More work for you guys, but I see plenty of good in the SA model.

Only paying subscribers have access to a/some/all forums, ability to pay to change the avatar or title of another member, etc...

Or just hook us up again with the silver/gold/plat titles.

Great Idea. I like the idea of paying to change your avatar. Also the about having certain sections available to SMs (supporting members).

- Greg

NovaKaynE October 16th, 2008 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by White_knight (Post 841076)

I can't read what's in that section, but I can see it on my account. Its never been there before. Everything else seems to be in order.

Lisa October 16th, 2008 22:50

The age verifiers section got moved to the team bunker, you should still have access to it no permissions changed. there is also a new section for age verified people to talk, I think renaming the later to something else might be in order to avoid confusion

Sergeantmajor October 16th, 2008 23:16

Which pages will someone like me not be able to view?

ILLusion October 16th, 2008 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sergeantmajor (Post 841777)
Which pages will someone like me not be able to view?

Any page located in an age verified forum.