Airsoft Canada
AirsoftParts.ca

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Finally settled on a gun.

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 8th, 2010, 18:39   #1
d.j
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Finally settled on a gun.

I'm about 99% sure now... i'm going to get a KWA G36. Just a quick question, what connector type does it have if anybody knows? Also i think i'm going to buy a lipo for it, what charger would be a good choice? Finally, magazine pouches, do they make them for G36 mags?
d.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2010, 18:49   #2
Geoffrey B.
 
Geoffrey B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lunenburg, Nova Scoita
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.j View Post
I'm about 99% sure now... i'm going to get a KWA G36. Just a quick question, what connector type does it have if anybody knows? Also i think i'm going to buy a lipo for it, what charger would be a good choice? Finally, magazine pouches, do they make them for G36 mags?
Well for one it is a mini connecter.
Also there is lots fo Lipo battery's just google it. Also here is a good charger for 60$
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/bb-batter...m-battery.html.

Also any pouch that can fit 2 m4 mags or a Double M4 pouch will fit one g36 mag.

Also if you are new to the sport I would but a regular battery eg. NICD, NIMH. Unless you read up on them first. There are lots of good threads on this forum about Lipo's
A 9.6v battery should be fine in it.
__________________
Primary- SRC G36K
Secondary- KJW M1911A1
Backup-KWA M11A1
Geoffrey B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2010, 18:55   #3
Ballcancer
 
Ballcancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gravenhurst, ON
ya I believe they come with a mini tamyia connector .. and I agree with Geoffrey start off with a 9.6 or if you really want the rate of fire (I use it because of the trigger response it gives) a 10.8 but a 9.6 is good enough, unless you know how to take care of a Lipo and know when to stop using it before charging etc.... start

give this a read http://infectedairsoft.wordpress.com...teries-part-1/ (it was taken out of another thread) it is a very detailed lipo guide)
__________________

Last edited by Ballcancer; March 8th, 2010 at 18:59..
Ballcancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2010, 19:00   #4
d.j
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Yeah, i've got two 9.6's at home that work great. So i guess i'll just use those, i also just came across mach1 airsoft with all those scars.... *Drool* but for almost $700 with no battery or anything i think i'll stay with the KWA
d.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2010, 19:01   #5
Ballcancer
 
Ballcancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gravenhurst, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.j View Post
Yeah, i've got two 9.6's at home that work great. So i guess i'll just use those, i also just came across mach1 airsoft with all those scars.... *Drool* but for almost $700 with no battery or anything i think i'll stay with the KWA
the KWA will serve you well... now is it brandnew? or is it a couple of years old.. I'm asking because if its a few years old the mechbox may not be able to handle a lipo... and yes I agree those scars are nice, and thats the same with some guns out there I bought my KWA M4A1 and it didnt come with a battery.. just the way it is.
__________________
Ballcancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2010, 19:05   #6
d.j
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballcancer View Post
the KWA will serve you well... now is it brandnew? or is it a couple of years old.. I'm asking because if its a few years old the mechbox may not be able to handle a lipo... and yes I agree those scars are nice, and thats the same with some guns out there I bought my KWA M4A1 and it didnt come with a battery.. just the way it is.
Uh it's brand new, i think it's the newer version here's the link

https://www.buyairsoft.ca/rifles/electric/kwa-g36c.html
d.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2010, 19:06   #7
Dart
 
Dart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Grande Prairie Alberta
if you do go the lipo route you need a charger AND a balancer. Just charging a lipo will ruin it. Also if you run a Lipo dead like you would say a NHmh you run the risk of a perdy fire.
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2010, 19:06   #8
Ballcancer
 
Ballcancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gravenhurst, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.j View Post
Uh it's brand new, i think it's the newer version here's the link

https://www.buyairsoft.ca/rifles/electric/kwa-g36c.html
and that came with the battery? or you just bought two after you bought it? Its nice by the way nice and rigid.. my M4 is the same generation.. beautiful Mechbox.. def. lipo ready
__________________
Ballcancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2010, 20:01   #9
d.j
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballcancer View Post
and that came with the battery? or you just bought two after you bought it? Its nice by the way nice and rigid.. my M4 is the same generation.. beautiful Mechbox.. def. lipo ready
Awesome, nah i had two G&G m4's and their lowers both cracked and i'm too lazy right now to get metal bodies. I will eventually, but this KWA is really cool. I can't wait to get it
d.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2010, 22:56   #10
Blitzed
 
Blitzed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: St. Albert, AB
AK mag pouches. Or 7.62mm Pouches like G3's. I have a triple ak pouch, but it seams small for ak or larger style magazines. Ill have to test a G36 mag. Gonna test M14 mags in it.
Blitzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2010, 23:12   #11
mills0
 
mills0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brandon, Manitoba
Could get Av'ed and get acess to a near unlimited variety of guns =P
mills0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 23:48   #12
d.j
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
I just saw the VFC scar.... I'm drooling only thing is i've heard a lot of mixed reviews on it. The americans say it's shit in the form of a scar and us canadians swear by it? I'm confused
d.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 23:52   #13
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw
 
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Read m102404 thread (I think its is Airsoft Discussion the forum directly underneath Reviews) about quite a few of the VFC guns. His opinion is a very educated and he is known as one of the GTAs best gundocs so take his word exactly for what its worth.
__________________
My trust is in whiskey, in weed and in Slayer, its GODDAMN ELECTRIC - Pantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 23:56   #14
Sha Do
 
Sha Do's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: No where to be seen......Hillsburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.j View Post
I just saw the VFC scar.... I'm drooling only thing is i've heard a lot of mixed reviews on it. The americans say it's shit in the form of a scar and us canadians swear by it? I'm confused
Confused by what?? That the SCAR is crap, or that VFC is crap??
VFC is on the same quality scale as KWA, if not better in terms of the engraving and trades.
Stock internals in the VFC are identical to the KWA right down to the aluminum piston head (though I believe that the VFC one is ported), except that only one side of the gears are shimmed in the VFC (the front side are spring loaded....a first in the industry).

For the same price, I'd take the VFC.

SHA DO
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 00:08   #15
d.j
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
The VFC is almost $700. I can get two KWA's for that price hahaha but what is your personal opinion?
d.j is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
AirsoftParts.ca

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.