Airsoft Canada
www.jsairsoft.com

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Someone using my gun pics for Fraudulent businesses???

:

General

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 6th, 2010, 05:56   #1
spartan117
 
spartan117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver B.C
Someone using my gun pics for Fraudulent businesses???

I don't know if this is the right section to post on, so if it is incorrect please tell me.

My issue here is that someone has gotten ahold of my pictures of my AGM GBB rifle and is using them to trick people into buying it.

Arsenalw80 has brought it to my attention. He received an email from a person named Mack Hopps under the email vsoyhoyvchay@live.com who is apparently trying to sell MY GUN to him for $250 +4% paypal. Is there anything i can do? If i'm correct, selling full black airsoft here in Canada is illegal for a normal civilian like me.

I have only posted my pics in this forum so i believe that it is someone in this forum who is using my pics. Can i report this to the police or something? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the Pm i received from Arsenalw80:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalw80
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalw80
Hey are you selling your GBBR to someone?
Hi. Nope! Why do you ask? I don;t believe i posted a sales thread on it.
Because I received an email from a Mack Hopps email was vsoyhoyvchay@live.com
And he posted photos of your gun saying he wished to sell it to me for $250 with %4paypal tax. And I wish to know if it was you.


Photo Names
dsc00919gi.jpg
dsc00920g.jpg
dsc00921wc.jpg
dsc00922t.jpg
dsc00923v.jpg
dsc00924b.jpg
dsc00926ya.jpg

Last edited by spartan117; March 6th, 2010 at 06:03..
spartan117 is offline  
Old March 6th, 2010, 06:05   #2
arsenalw80
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
I also sent a PM to staff member to let them know.
arsenalw80 is offline  
Old March 6th, 2010, 07:40   #3
arsenalw80
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
Update! New emails.

Me:Hey are you on any forums? Cause I saw some photos of your gun on AirsoftCanada.com(Testing Him)

Mack: was on airsoft canada, and yes this sticker is removable!(I asked before I found out about the photos here)

Me: Well I asked the guy with the photos and he said that he was not selling his gun which is the EXACT same gun as yours, If I order from you I wan't the gun to arrive here and then i will pay.(Am testing him)

Mack: i can ship it and give you tracking number, but you will have to pay stright away after seeing it, or i will cancel it!

Me:Yeah but what happens if I receive something that isn't a gun? Its just a safety precaution, (Lie)Cause last time I did this I got a box of rocks.(Lie) send me new photos as proof that you have the gun.

Edit: I posted on GGI asking for a JG or AGM GBBR for $250 max. Which is where he contacted me.

Last edited by arsenalw80; March 6th, 2010 at 07:42..
arsenalw80 is offline  
Old March 6th, 2010, 07:44   #4
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum
 
AngelusNex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kingston,ON, aka Funkasia
Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalw80 View Post
Update! New emails.

Me:Hey are you on any forums? Cause I saw some photos of your gun on AirsoftCanada.com(Testing Him)

Mack: was on airsoft canada, and yes this sticker is removable!(I asked before I found out about the photos here)

Me: Well I asked the guy with the photos and he said that he was not selling his gun which is the EXACT same gun as yours, If I order from you I wan't the gun to arrive here and then i will pay.(Am testing him)

Mack: i can ship it and give you tracking number, but you will have to pay stright away after seeing it, or i will cancel it!

Me:Yeah but what happens if I receive something that isn't a gun? Its just a safety precaution, (Lie)Cause last time I did this I got a box of rocks.(Lie) send me new photos as proof that you have the gun.

Edit: I posted on GGI asking for a JG or AGM GBBR for $250 max. Which is where he contacted me.
Yeah... Just don't buy it, Though you get 5 internets if you keep fucking with him.
AngelusNex is offline  
Old March 6th, 2010, 07:51   #5
arsenalw80
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
Not going to buy it just fucking with him now. Also whats 5 internets?
arsenalw80 is offline  
Old March 6th, 2010, 08:04   #6
Drake
E-01
 
Drake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Montreal, QC
That's what you get for trying to circumvent AV.

@OP: not much you can do. The most you have is a copyright violation (civil) against someone using a @live.com email address (i.e., you ain't got jack). Caveat is once its on the internet you pretty much lose control of it.
__________________
Drake is offline  
Old March 6th, 2010, 08:06   #7
arsenalw80
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
That's what you get for trying to circumvent AV.

@OP: not much you can do. The most you have is a copyright violation (civil) against someone using a @live.com email address (i.e., you ain't got jack). Caveat is once its on the internet you pretty much lose control of it.
Eh? Whats circumvent AV mean?
arsenalw80 is offline  
Old March 6th, 2010, 08:18   #8
BobbyDangerous
 
BobbyDangerous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oshawa
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalw80 View Post
Eh? Whats circumvent AV mean?

getting around age verification avoiding it and not doing it, i guess what he is trying to say..

circumvent means to avoid or to get around. AV Age verification..

Last edited by BobbyDangerous; March 6th, 2010 at 08:21..
BobbyDangerous is offline  
Old March 6th, 2010, 08:26   #9
R.I.T.Z
Crackers
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Barrie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
That's what you get for trying to circumvent AV.

@OP: not much you can do. The most you have is a copyright violation (civil) against someone using a @live.com email address (i.e., you ain't got jack). Caveat is once its on the internet you pretty much lose control of it.
not even that unless the images are fully copyrighted, and the website presents a warning that "some/all images on this sight are copyrighted" then there nothing he can do except hope this guy doesn't actually sell this to some guy.

edit; next time you post place some sort of "watermark" on your images and shrink them to 72PPi/DPi this will lower the resolution but not quality and place a form of copyright onto your images at which point you would have a civil suite.


Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalw80 View Post
Eh? Whats circumvent AV mean?
The age verification system is a way of this website making sure that you are of legal age of majority or older (18+) this grants you access to the classifieds. by posting a want ad/ buying a gun while still underage you are circumventing/bypassing/ going around a system that is in place for a reason.
__________________
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."

Last edited by R.I.T.Z; March 6th, 2010 at 08:28..
R.I.T.Z is offline  
Old March 6th, 2010, 08:34   #10
Drake
E-01
 
Drake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Montreal, QC
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.T.Z View Post
not even that unless the images are fully copyrighted, and the website presents a warning that "some/all images on this sight are copyrighted" then there nothing he can do except hope this guy doesn't actually sell this to some guy.

edit; next time you post place some sort of "watermark" on your images and shrink them to 72PPi/DPi this will lower the resolution but not quality and place a form of copyright onto your images at which point you would have a civil suite.
Actually Canada grants you automatic rights to your works. But unless the images are being used commercially or something, its not worth trying to going to [civil] court over, specially since it'll most likely be next to impossible to find the culprit with just that email.
__________________
Drake is offline  
Old March 6th, 2010, 10:51   #11
kullwarrior
 
kullwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Guys heads up arsenalw80 is living in the states. So he wouldn't know about the AV thing chill out.
__________________
kullwarrior is offline  
Old March 6th, 2010, 10:54   #12
L473ncy
 
L473ncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 11-30-24-1W5
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117 View Post
If i'm correct, selling full black airsoft here in Canada is illegal for a normal civilian like me.
Actually it's not "illegal" at all. Once the gun gets in Canada it's fully legal to own (now transferring on the other hand is "illegal" but not really a law that's upheld).

The "Canadian Legal" thing with the clear guns is pretty much a marketing gimmick that means the retailers can import clear guns in legally and it will pass through CBSA.

@ arsenalw80: an "internets" is a sort of internet meme. I'm not sure where the etymology came from but I assume that it comes from some sort of misunderstanding of some computer idiot (we all know at least one) thinking the "interwebs" or "internets" is a physical entity (that's plural) of some sort rather than an abstract idea of a bunch of "networked computers".

PS: Arsenal, can you at least change your location to USA if you don't want to disclose any more information. That way at least we know you're not from Canada.

3rd EDIT: OP, what you should consider doing is putting very large and obtrusive watermarks on your pictures from now on. ie. across the centre in large block letters with your username or something like this one http://www.watermarkfactory.com/reso...-sample-10.jpg
__________________
ಠ_ಠLess QQ more Pew Pew
READY TO >> RACE

Last edited by L473ncy; March 6th, 2010 at 11:07..
L473ncy is offline  
Old March 6th, 2010, 11:32   #13
arsenalw80
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Actually it's not "illegal" at all. Once the gun gets in Canada it's fully legal to own (now transferring on the other hand is "illegal" but not really a law that's upheld).

The "Canadian Legal" thing with the clear guns is pretty much a marketing gimmick that means the retailers can import clear guns in legally and it will pass through CBSA.

@ arsenalw80: an "internets" is a sort of internet meme. I'm not sure where the etymology came from but I assume that it comes from some sort of misunderstanding of some computer idiot (we all know at least one) thinking the "interwebs" or "internets" is a physical entity (that's plural) of some sort rather than an abstract idea of a bunch of "networked computers".

PS: Arsenal, can you at least change your location to USA if you don't want to disclose any more information. That way at least we know you're not from Canada.

3rd EDIT: OP, what you should consider doing is putting very large and obtrusive watermarks on your pictures from now on. ie. across the centre in large block letters with your username or something like this one http://www.watermarkfactory.com/reso...-sample-10.jpg
No offense meant but once this is all cleared up am probably not going to use this account anymore, Am a GGI guy anyways
arsenalw80 is offline  
Old March 6th, 2010, 17:38   #14
spartan117
 
spartan117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver B.C
Ah ok. I just didn't want this to get traced back to me. I guess it no big deal then. I would fuck with this Mack some more first though . lOL
spartan117 is offline  
Old March 6th, 2010, 19:54   #15
arsenalw80
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117 View Post
Ah ok. I just didn't want this to get traced back to me. I guess it no big deal then. I would fuck with this Mack some more first though . lOL
I think I scared his scamming ass away :hammer:
arsenalw80 is offline  
Closed ThreadTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
www.jsairsoft.com

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 17:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.