Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

SRC G36C noob friendly?

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 6th, 2010, 19:42   #16
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by GODSPEED|seven View Post
Ok, 'cause I had read something having to do with the gun using ball bearings or not.. some guns have a quick response on trigger pull, others have considerable delay. I may have misunderstood.
Expanding on what Styrak said, it actually depends on a few things.

-The battery
-How good the wiring is
-What type of connectors are used (most airsoft guns use tamiya connectors.. these have a SHITLOAD of resistance in them. Most people replace them with Deans or similar).
-How well the mechbox is greased and shimmed

I don't think the type of bearings or bushings really makes a difference.

Nearly every airsoft gun has to cycle fully in semi before getting a shot off, so you'll always have that delay. AFAIK the PSG-1 and L85A1 are the only two airsoft guns that pre-tension the spring, and from what I've been told it's more of a pain in the ass than it's worth. (question to anyone who knows, does the SR-25 do this as well?)
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."

Last edited by kalnaren; April 6th, 2010 at 19:45..
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 19:45   #17
The Saint
 
The Saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
I don't think the type of bearings or bushings really makes a difference.
Bearing versus bushing affects Rate of Fire, and thus affects trigger response.
__________________
"The Bird of Hermes is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame."
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 20:04   #18
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Nearly every airsoft gun has to cycle fully in semi before getting a shot off, so you'll always have that delay. AFAIK the PSG-1 and L85A1 are the only two airsoft guns that pre-tension the spring, and from what I've been told it's more of a pain in the ass than it's worth. (question to anyone who knows, does the SR-25 do this as well?)
Yup, every gun except those has to wind up before a shot. But with a large cell battery and good connectors, the delay is negligible.

And no the SR25 is a regular AEG firing cycle setup (would have been a good guess though ).
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 21:23   #19
GODSPEED|seven
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Ok, well thanks for clearing that up..

I've heard SRC's Genn III guns have pretty good wiring and are also very well shimmed.. so I guess with a good battery the response time would be pretty quick. Any one can attest to this (or not)?
GODSPEED|seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 21:25   #20
The Saint
 
The Saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Quebec
Good battery = better ROF = better trigger response = fact

Always buy a good battery. You don't buy a sports car and run it on sludge, why would you do that for an airsoft gun?
__________________
"The Bird of Hermes is My Name, Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame."
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 21:44   #21
GODSPEED|seven
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
oh.. sorry, I meant the good wiring and good shimming...
GODSPEED|seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 21:54   #22
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by GODSPEED|seven View Post
oh.. sorry, I meant the good wiring and good shimming...
Good wiring and good shimming go hand in hand with a good battery, yes. If a gun is shimmed well and has good wiring, it will run smoother and faster with a quicker response time (same thing as rate of fire really)
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 00:24   #23
GODSPEED|seven
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
haha... yes yes yes.. I was asking if someone can confirm if SRC's Gen III AEG's have good wiring and shimming.. lol... my bad.
GODSPEED|seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 00:59   #24
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by GODSPEED|seven View Post
haha... yes yes yes.. I was asking if someone can confirm if SRC's Gen III AEG's have good wiring and shimming.. lol... my bad.
If not you can change them.

(ARGGHHH HE'S NOT ANSWERING MY QUESTION! )
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 10:37   #25
Warlock
 
Warlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Laurentians
G36 for newby

I did my first skirmish last year with my friend's Echo 1 G36C and I found the perfect gun for me. Good balance, compact, light, good ergonomic. I also tried M4, scar-L, AKS74-U and AUG.

So I decide to purchase my first AEG last year and I wanted it brand new. In Canada at this time we didn't have a lot of choice in brand new gun and my choice stopped on SRC and KWA G36 cansoft. After looking on internet on many reviews and web sites, I choosed the KWA over the SRC because of the reputation of both company have and some features. But the SRC gen III is supposed to be a good choice also.

The features I was looking for:

Gearbox ver. 3 pre-upgraded
Lipo ready
Ability to take M4 mags (with an adapter)
Large battery
Good stock accuracy and range
Easy dismounting
Replacement parts easily available
stock fps in 380-395 range

at this time, Only the KWA G36C met my requirements.

Hope this will help you
__________________
Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 14:35   #26
GODSPEED|seven
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
I did my first skirmish last year with my friend's Echo 1 G36C and I found the perfect gun for me. Good balance, compact, light, good ergonomic. I also tried M4, scar-L, AKS74-U and AUG.

So I decide to purchase my first AEG last year and I wanted it brand new. In Canada at this time we didn't have a lot of choice in brand new gun and my choice stopped on SRC and KWA G36 cansoft. After looking on internet on many reviews and web sites, I choosed the KWA over the SRC because of the reputation of both company have and some features. But the SRC gen III is supposed to be a good choice also.

The features I was looking for:

Gearbox ver. 3 pre-upgraded
Lipo ready
Ability to take M4 mags (with an adapter)
Large battery
Good stock accuracy and range
Easy dismounting
Replacement parts easily available
stock fps in 380-395 range

at this time, Only the KWA G36C met my requirements.

Hope this will help you
Thanks for your detailed comment. Out of curiosity, what on that list does SRC fail to achieve?

Unfortunately KWA does not make the G36K, because that is the one I have my eye set on.. but nevertheless, I've read many places they are about the same and its only a matter of personal choice. (KWA does have an oversized front to accomodate larger battery than SRC)..
GODSPEED|seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 15:00   #27
Warlock
 
Warlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Laurentians
Quote:
Originally Posted by GODSPEED|seven View Post
Thanks for your detailed comment. Out of curiosity, what on that list does SRC fail to achieve?

Unfortunately KWA does not make the G36K, because that is the one I have my eye set on.. but nevertheless, I've read many places they are about the same and its only a matter of personal choice. (KWA does have an oversized front to accomodate larger battery than SRC)..
SRC is failing on battery capacity (small handguard). I installed a silencer and a longer inner barrel for better range and accuracy. Now it's about the same lenght of a G36K. Also I found that the parts are easier to obtain for KWA from their us web site WWW.KWAUSA.COM
SRC is also failing on the ability to take an adapter to use stanag mags because of the non standard hop-up.
__________________

Last edited by Warlock; April 13th, 2010 at 20:56..
Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 16:12   #28
Amos
 
Amos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokushima, Japan
Send a message via MSN to Amos
LIPO READY IS NOT A FEATURE.

Aaaaaarrrgh!!
__________________
Custom Builds:
FA3674U
Krinkov
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 18:53   #29
GODSPEED|seven
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
SRC is failing on battery capacity (small handguard). I installed a silencer and a longer inner barrel for better range and accuracy. Now it's about the same lenght of a G36K. Also I found that the parts are easier to obtain for KWA from their us web site WWW.KWAUSA.COM
ok, thanks for that info, I will consider it when choosing my AEG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
LIPO READY IS NOT A FEATURE.

Aaaaaarrrgh!!
I have the feeling you feel strongly about LIPO-Ready not beaing a feature.. hehe :wink:
GODSPEED|seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 18:57   #30
Shooting Addict
* KNOWN LIAR *
 
Shooting Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mississauga, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
SRC is failing on battery capacity (small handguard). I installed a silencer and a longer inner barrel for better range and accuracy. Now it's about the same lenght of a G36K. Also I found that the parts are easier to obtain for KWA from their us web site WWW.KWAUSA.COM
Ya or he could get a new stock such as this http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/...oducts_id=3437 and have plenty of battery room...AND it'll look way sexier
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
You can tell a person over and over that 4 + 5 = 9 and show them the mechanics of how addition works, but at the end of the day when you look into their eyes you know damn well that in their heads they still see 4 + 5 = pineapple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Harden the fuck up, you liberal pussies.
Shooting Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.