Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What scar part...

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 26th, 2010, 23:05   #46
Pro_X
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Airsoft in Canada as a hobby/sport is fine. Its strong and growing and it does not really need improving as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure you meant that the methods in how we procure airsoft is wrong. However my question to you still stands.

Can you tell me how it is wrong?
Is it wrong because you cant have what you want for the price you want?
Okay, importation laws could be improved to allow for Canadians to go to games in the U.S. and then come back into Canada with there guns. all so being allowed to buy Airsoft guns in the U.S. and bring them into Canada, you still will have to pay duty at the border. not having the stupid law about clear lower and upper receivers, and adding the orange tip for the police so they can distinguish between airsoft guns and real guns.
Pro_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 23:08   #47
Love
formerly Lythinca
 
Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: You know that Home Depot on King st? Yeah, no where near there.
Send a message via AIM to Love Send a message via MSN to Love
The world doesnt revolve around airsoft. The border isnt going to keep track of who leaves with airsoft to go to which game, for how long, what guns they left with, and what they come with when they get back.
__________________
Currently modding AK.

Loadout 1:
Yugoslavian M76/Maadi RML Alternative (Kraken)
CYMA Glock 18C

Loadout 2:
TM MP5 w/ flashlight
CYMA Glock 18C

Both Loadouts have Marpat Uniform, PASGT Helmet w/ Flecktarn, and Flecktarn chest rig.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 23:23   #48
Pro_X
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
all i'm saying is, is that you can go to the U.S. with your Airsoft come back to the canadian border declare your airsoft guns, and the go into Canada with no issues...
Pro_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 23:26   #49
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro_X View Post
Okay, importation laws could be improved to allow for Canadians to go to games in the U.S. and then come back into Canada with there guns. all so being allowed to buy Airsoft guns in the U.S. and bring them into Canada, you still will have to pay duty at the border. not having the stupid law about clear lower and upper receivers, and adding the orange tip for the police so they can distinguish between airsoft guns and real guns.
Good effort, but do you really think you are the first one to propose such things? Of course not. The Canadian government has different thoughts on the idea of firearms and replica firearms entirely. They would see your proposal ,and dismiss it, not only because you are under the age of majority, but because the Canadian government maintains to control the image of public safety and allowing replica firearms to be imported into Canada just does not go along with that image.

Quote:
The Government of Canada is committed to effective firearms and weapons control that targets criminals and at the same time maintain the highest standards of public safety. Firearms and weapons are high-risk commodities that can impact the safety, security and welfare of Canadians. It is the policy of the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) to control the flow of firearms, weapons and other devices, in order to ensure compliance by all stakeholders with existing laws, regulations and orders and seek to interdict the illegal and unjustified crossing of firearms and weapons across the border; while also streamlining the process for low-risk and law-abiding persons travelling with legitimate purposes and with the required documentation.
That is a direct quote of the summary of Memorandum D19-13-2, which can be viewed here. http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...-13-2-eng.html

The Canadian government has no interest in making airsoft available to the general public any time soon. Perhaps if Canada had taken the appropriate movements and attempted to do the same thing that was done in the United Kingdom with UKARA things maybe different, however that is not the reality we live in today.

I can understand your wet dream about cheap airsoft in Canada, however you seem to fail to understand reality, and there is no way to say it without offending you, but its not your fault because what you say and what you propose are on par with the thought path of that of someone in their mid teens. You can propose this and that and what if this till your blue in the face, and the government will continue to ignore your issue, because to them its not an issue.

On the topic of orange tips, do you really think orange tips make that much of a difference? Criminals have been known to paint the tips of real guns with orange paint in order to lure people into thinking the gun was not real.

I do not know what else to tell you, this is all the truth, except it or don't.

Enjoy your time in the USA.
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; January 26th, 2010 at 23:28..
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 23:33   #50
Love
formerly Lythinca
 
Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: You know that Home Depot on King st? Yeah, no where near there.
Send a message via AIM to Love Send a message via MSN to Love
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Good effort, but do you really think you are the first one to propose such things? Of course not. The Canadian government has different thoughts on the idea of firearms and replica firearms entirely. They would see your proposal ,and dismiss it, not only because you are under the age of majority, but because the Canadian government maintains to control the image of public safety and allowing replica firearms to be imported into Canada just does not go along with that image.



That is a direct quote of the summary of Memorandum D19-13-2, which can be viewed here. http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...-13-2-eng.html

The Canadian government has no interest in making airsoft available to the general public any time soon. Perhaps if Canada had taken the appropriate movements and attempted to do the same thing that was done in the United Kingdom with UKARA things maybe different, however that is not the reality we live in today.

I can understand your wet dream about cheap airsoft in Canada, however you seem to fail to understand reality, and there is no way to say it without offending you, but its not your fault because what you say and what you propose are on par with the thought path of that of someone in their mid teens. You can propose this and that and what if this till your blue in the face, and the government will continue to ignore your issue, because to them its not an issue.

On the topic of orange tips, do you really think orange tips make that much of a difference? Criminals have been known to paint the tips of real guns with orange paint in order to lure people into thinking the gun was not real.

I do not know what else to tell you, this is all the truth, except it or don't.

Enjoy your time in the USA.
For once, I totally agree.

Enjoy your time there, if you dont like Airsoft here, stay in the US. You'll be 18, I'm sure that you could live on your own, once you become of that age.
__________________
Currently modding AK.

Loadout 1:
Yugoslavian M76/Maadi RML Alternative (Kraken)
CYMA Glock 18C

Loadout 2:
TM MP5 w/ flashlight
CYMA Glock 18C

Both Loadouts have Marpat Uniform, PASGT Helmet w/ Flecktarn, and Flecktarn chest rig.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 03:02   #51
Pro_X
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lythinca View Post
For once, I totally agree.

Enjoy your time there, if you dont like Airsoft here, stay in the US. You'll be 18, I'm sure that you could live on your own, once you become of that age.
I can't stay in the U.S. i'm not a citizen...

Well thank you for your time. I will be back in 2 years(i will still come here for canadian news on airsoft in that time) and we can go through this conversation once more, and you can tell me that there is nothing that can be done.

P.S. "wet dream about cheap airsoft in Canada" not in you life.

Last edited by Pro_X; January 27th, 2010 at 03:05..
Pro_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 03:05   #52
Blitzed
 
Blitzed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: St. Albert, AB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro_X View Post
well than you for your time. I will be back in 2 years(i will still come here for canadian news on airsoft) and we can go through this conversation once more, and you can tell me that there is nothing that can be done.

P.S. "wet dream about cheap airsoft in Canada" not in you life.
No need to get mad at us.
Blitzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 03:08   #53
Pro_X
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzed View Post
No need to get mad at us.
Sorry if it looks that way that was not my intention...

I genuinely appreciate you all answering my questions thank you for your time.

Last edited by Pro_X; January 27th, 2010 at 06:41..
Pro_X is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 21:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.