Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What scar part...

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 26th, 2010, 20:50   #31
Danke
 
Danke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Danger Zone
Read and understand this thread.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...t=23034&page=5
__________________
Airsoft, where nothing is hurt but feelings.
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 20:50   #32
Strelok
 
Strelok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brandon Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Good thing you came here today.

Holy shit. All of us fools have been sitting around with our thumbs up our asses the past 12 years and it never crossed our minds to write a petition.

Man, do I ever feel dumb.
Careful drake.

This guy might think thats comin' off as sarcasm.

Gee whiz.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 20:51   #33
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro_X View Post
1. Has a petition from this community ever gotten to the stage of being sent to the government or an MP?

2. I will if there is no other option.

Like you, I also attempted something similar in my younger years. However I also had a sizable considerable backing from some fellow players of social status and was also in good standing with many of my local MPs. In short allow me to reiterate in short what I was told.

They wont touch it with a 10 ft pole, its terrible publicity for them to back something of such a nature. An MP stands to gain no benefit from backing something like airsoft, just take a moment to think, how would you like the people who you want voting for you to picture you?

1. As a person who would be committed to fighting for things such as proper allocation of tax dollars, beefs with your health and education issues.

Or

2. As someone who supports an offside hobby/sport where replica firearms are used to shoot one another.

MPs dont wish to be associated with things like airsoft because society does judge books by their covers and MPs stand to gain no advancement in the public eye from such things.
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 20:52   #34
Pro_X
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Good thing you came here today.

Holy shit. All of us fools have been sitting around with our thumbs up our asses the past 12 years and it never crossed our minds to write a petition.

Man, do I ever feel dumb.
Sarcasm noted.
Pro_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 21:30   #35
Pro_X
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
The MP's wont touch it? It's there job to touch it. If the MP's wont touch it then who will, no one? I thought Canada was democracy, but i guess i was wrong... Okay how many times has the Canadian airsoft community tried a petition?

Last edited by Pro_X; January 26th, 2010 at 21:41..
Pro_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 21:42   #36
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Such things have been attempted more than enough times, with the results the same each time. It seems that you have your mind set on the idea that your petition or letter will be the saving grace for airsoft in Canada.

Do whatever you wish. I'm sure that the MP would love to waste his/her time and effort attempting to voice an opinion for change in something that he/she knows anything about that was submitted to him by someone who is not even old enough to vote.
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 21:47   #37
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
Wait until you are 18 and can actually vote and then find a candidate that cares about airsoft, and vote for them; barring that if you don't like the laws here in Canada you can always stay there in the good 'ol us and a

The rest of us have no problems getting the guns we want
__________________
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 21:56   #38
Love
formerly Lythinca
 
Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: You know that Home Depot on King st? Yeah, no where near there.
Send a message via AIM to Love Send a message via MSN to Love
And if your currently in the US, why would you want to write to a canadian MP? :S

Wait the two years, then try if you want.
__________________
Currently modding AK.

Loadout 1:
Yugoslavian M76/Maadi RML Alternative (Kraken)
CYMA Glock 18C

Loadout 2:
TM MP5 w/ flashlight
CYMA Glock 18C

Both Loadouts have Marpat Uniform, PASGT Helmet w/ Flecktarn, and Flecktarn chest rig.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 21:59   #39
Pro_X
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Such things have been attempted more than enough times, with the results the same each time. It seems that you have your mind set on the idea that your petition or letter will be the saving grace for airsoft in Canada.

Do whatever you wish. I'm sure that the MP would love to waste his/her time and effort attempting to voice an opinion for change in something that he/she knows anything about that was submitted to him by someone who is not even old enough to vote.
So every one here has just stop trying then.

So what i'm not old enough to vote? I'm still aloud to have a political opinion, try and fix some thing if it is wrong, eh?
Pro_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 22:09   #40
Pro_X
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
Wait until you are 18 and can actually vote and then find a candidate that cares about airsoft, and vote for them; barring that if you don't like the laws here in Canada you can always stay there in the good 'ol us and a

The rest of us have no problems getting the guns we want
candidates will not give a rats *** about airsoft that is the problem, because some/a lot of them are self centered people.

Okay say you want a full metal G&G M16 could you get it in full metal for a good price($290)?
Pro_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 22:11   #41
Pro_X
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lythinca View Post
And if your currently in the US, why would you want to write to a canadian MP? :S
because i am Canadian...
Pro_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 22:16   #42
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro_X View Post
So every one here has just stop trying then.

So what i'm not old enough to vote? I'm still aloud to have a political opinion, try and fix some thing if it is wrong, eh?
Of course not, there are things going on that are above meager flimsy letters and petitions.

Im glad you are proud to have a political opinion. While you may see the situation of how airsoft is in Canada as "wrong". You will be hard pressed to find anyone who will agree with you if you cannot present a decent argument. It will simply be viewed and dismissed as some kid who is pissy and wants his way.Allow me to ask you the obvious question.

How is it wrong? Can you define to me what you think is wrong?
Is it wrong because you cant have what you want for the price you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro_X View Post
Okay say you want a full metal G&G M16 could you get it in full metal for a good price($290)?
I would never want a G&G. Ever.
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; January 26th, 2010 at 22:43..
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 22:23   #43
Pro_X
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Of course not, there are things going on that are above meager flimsy letters and petitions.

Im glad you are proud to have a political opinion. While you may see the situation of how airsoft is in Canada as "wrong". You will be hard pressed to find anyone who will agree with you if you cannot present a decent argument.
For instance, allow me to ask you the obvious question.

How is it wrong? Can you define to me what you think is wrong?
Is it wrong because you cant have what you want for the price you want?
i am sorry if i came across as saying that airsoft in Canada is wrong. what i meant is that things need to be done improve airsoft in Canada.
Pro_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 22:28   #44
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Airsoft in Canada as a hobby/sport is fine. Its strong and growing and it does not really need improving as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure you meant that the methods in how we procure airsoft is wrong. However my question to you still stands.

Can you tell me how it is wrong?
Is it wrong because you cant have what you want for the price you want?
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 22:35   #45
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro_X View Post
candidates will not give a rats *** about airsoft that is the problem, because some/a lot of them are self centered people.

Okay say you want a full metal G&G M16 could you get it in full metal for a good price($290)?
If by self-centered you mean afraid of losing their jobs/voter base because they proposed amendments at the suggestion of whiny 16 year old brats that think the world revolves around them and should get everything they want when they want it... Then yes they're ALL self-centered
__________________

Last edited by pusangani; January 26th, 2010 at 22:38..
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.