Airsoft Canada
https://niagaraquartermaster.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Long outer barrel for a shorter inner barrel

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:04   #16
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
From my experiences the BB will hit the outer barrel and not fire out properly lol
oh really?? ure the first to say it will hit the outer barrel riley..
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:11   #17
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
It hit the suppressor on a beta spetz ak that I made, I used the little sleeve thing that comes with element tightbores to shim it in place within the suppressor, don't know about the outer barrels but it is possible.
__________________
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:42   #18
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
For game situations where I want a longer (outdoors) vs shorter (indoor) gun, and the freedom to change it for looks.
So you just want it for looks then?
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:58   #19
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
From my experiences the BB will hit the outer barrel and not fire out properly lol
That doesnt sound right at all, you probly drank to much vodka and broke something. More tests I say more testing!

I tested a full JP front end with barrel with a stock TM 363mm inner and the BBs shot out fine, when I mounted a 14 inch suppressor on the front of the barrel that's when BBs started going all crazy on the inside due to the extra weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
So you just want it for looks then?
Ive been known to wear a merkin.
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 11:20   #20
yuhaoyang
asexual lumbricus terrestris
 
yuhaoyang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Edmonton west
Send a message via MSN to yuhaoyang
Ooh have you now....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftonius View Post
I'll bet Ronan was the one who sent that email.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
The chinese steal everything. Haven't seen an original idea come out of that country yet.
yuhaoyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 15:44   #21
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
So you just want it for looks then?
Yup just mainly for looks... This is what I want to make, you see u can switch the upper halves easily?

turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 15:47   #22
Amos
 
Amos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tokushima, Japan
Send a message via MSN to Amos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
That doesnt sound right at all, you probly drank to much vodka and broke something. More tests I say more testing!

I tested a full JP front end with barrel with a stock TM 363mm inner and the BBs shot out fine, when I mounted a 14 inch suppressor on the front of the barrel that's when BBs started going all crazy on the inside due to the extra weight.



Ive been known to wear a merkin.
From my experiences the BB will hit the threading or the flash hider if it isn't in an inner barrel going all the way (more chance for the BB to-destabalize and bounce inside the barrel)

I'm a big fan of... Doing things the way they're supposed to be done.... things tend to work out when I do that.
__________________
Custom Builds:
FA3674U
Krinkov
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 15:55   #23
ujiro
 
ujiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Burlington, ON
Send a message via MSN to ujiro
If you want to do that you might as well put a hop up unit with proper sized inner barrel in the secondary upper. So you would have two upper receivers both with hop up units and both with barrels the proper length. Then you could just hot swap them.
__________________
I love freedom and consequently America
ujiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 16:05   #24
RacingManiac
 
RacingManiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada/US
Just as a side note, both of those uppers have shorter inners in them....mainly because I am still using WA-style hopup and the choice on PDI WA barrel is limited....

Long one: 16" outer, 14.5"(368mm) Inner
Short one: 11.5" outer, 8.3"(210mm) Inner

so far I have no problem with BB hitting the barrel...
__________________

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 16:32   #25
808
 
808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: 6mm-mag.com - Winnipeg
Maybe you should just switch to a GBBR platform, then you can swap uppers quickly and achieve multiple functions with the same lower.

Just a thought...
__________________

808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 17:15   #26
SuperCriollo
 
SuperCriollo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Misssissssuassuaguaggauga
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808 View Post
Maybe you should just switch to a GBBR platform, then you can swap uppers quickly and achieve multiple functions with the same lower.

Just a thought...
or an ICS armalite
__________________

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 17:54   #27
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
Or maybe actually go to a game and see what works
__________________
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 18:11   #28
Blitzed
 
Blitzed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: St. Albert, AB
Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
Or maybe actually go to a game and see what works
You are truly a revolutionary.

What ever will work for you is the best.
Blitzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 19:27   #29
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
From my experiences the BB will hit the threading or the flash hider if it isn't in an inner barrel going all the way (more chance for the BB to-destabalize and bounce inside the barrel)

I'm a big fan of... Doing things the way they're supposed to be done.... things tend to work out when I do that.
I do agree with you there, the more difference there is between inner barrel length and outer barrel length will up the possibility of things going quagmire.

Youre a big fan of merkins thats what you are. Dont deny it, you want one.
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 19:48   #30
yuhaoyang
asexual lumbricus terrestris
 
yuhaoyang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Edmonton west
Send a message via MSN to yuhaoyang
I'm proud of my herpes, won't need something to cover it up...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftonius View Post
I'll bet Ronan was the one who sent that email.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
The chinese steal everything. Haven't seen an original idea come out of that country yet.
yuhaoyang is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://niagaraquartermaster.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.