Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Look what I got!

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 12th, 2010, 20:20   #31
Foxx
 
Foxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quebec, Chateauguay
Send a message via MSN to Foxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMoney View Post
I got with my gun is a Metal Hi-cap Mag, those are the kind I want..I like them
You're kidding, right?
Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 20:25   #32
GMoney
 
GMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
You're kidding, right?
Should I be?
GMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 20:38   #33
L473ncy
 
L473ncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 11-30-24-1W5
Oh you'll figure it out when you get on the field.

They rattle like maracas because it's fed from a "well" instead of a "guide track". With the well, BB's are allowed to move freely and suffice to say, will make a lot of noise when not 100% full.

Not bad if you're just starting, no one will fault you for that however there is a "stigma" associated with running with hi-caps.

Also if you're playing milsims or want to Hi-caps are usually banned or at least severely limited.

Get a mix of mids and lows as soon as you can but there is no problem with playing with a hi-cap for your first few games (or if you're poor like me..... I just spent like $800 on textbooks and other school stuff so I'm in no position to be buying any more gear).
__________________
ಠ_ಠLess QQ more Pew Pew
READY TO >> RACE
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 20:45   #34
GMoney
 
GMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Oh you'll figure it out when you get on the field.

They rattle like maracas because it's fed from a "well" instead of a "guide track". With the well, BB's are allowed to move freely and suffice to say, will make a lot of noise when not 100% full.

Not bad if you're just starting, no one will fault you for that however there is a "stigma" associated with running with hi-caps.

Also if you're playing milsims or want to Hi-caps are usually banned or at least severely limited.

Get a mix of mids and lows as soon as you can but there is no problem with playing with a hi-cap for your first few games (or if you're poor like me..... I just spent like $800 on textbooks and other school stuff so I'm in no position to be buying any more gear).
Hmmmmm...I do not like rattling, means the bad guys can hear you.
GMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 20:56   #35
chrisl04
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Post need help pls...

im new to this website and some people told me that i could get full black bbguns in canada if i get age verified here.so i did but now how do i buy full black guns???(i dream to get a bb)
chrisl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 21:01   #36
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMoney View Post
Excellent...how long have you been doing air soft?
Like Amos said, you can see join dates under the name. It doesn't necessary mean you've been in airsoft for that long, or you may have been in airsoft way longer.

But in this case it's true, about 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl04 View Post
im new to this website and some people told me that i could get full black bbguns in canada if i get age verified here.so i did but now how do i buy full black guns???(i dream to get a bb)
This is not the place for your post.
If you got age verified then all you have to do it wait for it to be activated.
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 21:02   #37
Jimski
 
Jimski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl04 View Post
im new to this website and some people told me that i could get full black bbguns in canada if i get age verified here.so i did but now how do i buy full black guns???(i dream to get a bb)
you need your age verification to go through and then ASC will display the 'age-verified' icon under your name.
cheerz.
__________________
Jimski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 21:05   #38
R.I.T.Z
Crackers
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Barrie
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl04 View Post
im new to this website and some people told me that i could get full black bbguns in canada if i get age verified here.so i did but now how do i buy full black guns???(i dream to get a bb)
there is a handy tool call the search button
also theres the FAQ's which you should read
there are plenty answers on here if you look.
also there is a thread MADE FOR HELLOS!
__________________
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 21:34   #39
NoGear
likes being humiliated
 
NoGear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Surrey BC
I would buy mid caps because you can always fill it to low caps but not the other way around
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 00:15   #40
L473ncy
 
L473ncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 11-30-24-1W5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
It doesn't necessary mean you've been in airsoft for that long, or you may have been in airsoft way longer.

But in this case it's true, about 3 years.
Like Styrak said join date is a good indication but not the only metric you can judge by.

I've only actually been playing for 2 years however my join date is 04 (I'm such a chairsofter.... or at least used to be but at least I actually do get out to games now that I'm over 18).

If I'm in university right now (assuming I went straight to University from High School) you can probably figure out the math and guess generally what my age is.

PS: What No Gear said is true, Mids you can fill with 30 BB's (or the 68, or 120 BB's) and they'll still work, Low's you can only fill with 30 BB's. So that's the one you want. However what I have is 5 low caps and 5 mid caps. I can change up the number of mags I carry and the type, so maybe 5 mids one day, or 3 mids and 4 lows the next, or maybe all 10 or any permutation you can think of.
__________________
ಠ_ಠLess QQ more Pew Pew
READY TO >> RACE

Last edited by L473ncy; January 13th, 2010 at 00:18..
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 01:31   #41
yuhaoyang
asexual lumbricus terrestris
 
yuhaoyang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Edmonton west
Send a message via MSN to yuhaoyang
rattling is not the major downfall of hi-caps IMO... since last time my battery rattled more...
Reloading a regular mag takes all of 10 seconds, winding up a highcap takes 5 million years.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftonius View Post
I'll bet Ronan was the one who sent that email.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
The chinese steal everything. Haven't seen an original idea come out of that country yet.
yuhaoyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 01:33   #42
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
plus you look stupid going "coochy coochy coo" to your mags hehe
__________________
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 01:44   #43
GMoney
 
GMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
plus you look stupid going "coochy coochy coo" to your mags hehe
hehe true...
GMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 02:28   #44
naminator
 
naminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary
Or you could go all out and buy a Multiple thousand round drum/box mags. I always liked the look of the C-MAG. Of course if you get one you can have the electric winder in it. You would quickly be labeled as a BB hose. Mid caps/Real caps add to that wonderful feeling of immersion we pursue.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
1+1 = 2
Were you maybe expecting 1+1 = donut?
naminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 02:54   #45
GMoney
 
GMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by naminator View Post
Or you could go all out and buy a Multiple thousand round drum/box mags. I always liked the look of the C-MAG. Of course if you get one you can have the electric winder in it. You would quickly be labeled as a BB hose. Mid caps/Real caps add to that wonderful feeling of immersion we pursue.
on a M15A4?
GMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 23:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.