Airsoft Canada
http://www.ultimateairsoft.ca/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Clear guns

:

Newbie Tank

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 10th, 2010, 02:42   #1
OptimusPrime
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Clear guns

Why are the clear guns from WalMart and other stores dissed so much on this site? I have three (two pistols and a rifle) and they are really fun to play with. They suit my purposes of shooting paper targets and pop cans in the garage perfectly. I do like the looks of the black guns but I don't have the money to buy them from some gunrunner that will charge me twice what he payed for it. I do suspect that most of your black guns got here by less then legal means. Its not like they materialized out of thin air.
OptimusPrime is offline  
Old January 10th, 2010, 02:48   #2
Danneichh
Danneichh
 
Danneichh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Shelburne, Ontario, Canada
The difference is in what they get used for. For target shooting, basement plinking, hell, even running around your house like a yahoo with a couple of friends, Wal-Mart springers do the job perfectly. However, for the majority of actual games, Wal_Mart springers tend to be underpowered, slow, and relatively unreliable. I mean, it's wal mart. So they aren't exactly top quality. However, if that's what you like using them for, they will suit your needs perfectly. And a word to the wise, I wouldn't rock the boat with members here as to how they got their guns, as you might start a big flame spewing shite fest the likes of which you've never seen. I'm just saying.
__________________
Primary: KWA LM4 PTR, Classic Army LWRC M6 A2, Classic Army G36E, AGM/Javelin MP44.

Secondary: KWA Mk. 4 1911, KWA Mac 11, Skeleton Sidearms 8" .357 revolver.
Danneichh is offline  
Old January 10th, 2010, 02:49   #3
Strelok
 
Strelok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brandon Manitoba
Its because we use our guns to do more than shoot cans in our basement.

In fact, we shoot eachother in organized games and in safe enviroments for the best experience we can make with the sport and hobby.

And if you don't have the money, you shouldn't have to worry. Clear guns do the trick with plinking. Enough said.

Last edited by Strelok; January 10th, 2010 at 02:52..
Strelok is offline  
Old January 10th, 2010, 02:56   #4
OptimusPrime
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
So Im a troll just because I like clear guns and wonder where the black guns actually come from? My clear M-16 from WalMart is an electric gun and it has worked perfectly. I do not even know where to find an airsoft field in my area (Surrey B.C.). Some of my friends have airsoft guns but none have actually played a game of airsoft.
OptimusPrime is offline  
Old January 10th, 2010, 03:05   #5
Danneichh
Danneichh
 
Danneichh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Shelburne, Ontario, Canada
You'll find on this site that with black guns, the less said, the better. A lot of the ones you can get from this site, in the classifieds, tend to be used ones that people somehow either got lucky with, or got when restrictions weren't so stiff. I'll be honest here, while your gun will most likely work for as long as you maintain it, we go nuts for all black guns for a pretty good reason. Wait till you hold your first Classic Army M4, you'll see why we love the full black, full metal goodness. And I do believe the forums here have field lists for your area, but I beleive you need to be age verified before being able to access them. Becoming age verified requires you to be at least 18 years old, and have a way to meet up with a member of the forum who is an Age Verifier. If your over 18, it's actually a pretty painless process, and well worth it, trust me.
__________________
Primary: KWA LM4 PTR, Classic Army LWRC M6 A2, Classic Army G36E, AGM/Javelin MP44.

Secondary: KWA Mk. 4 1911, KWA Mac 11, Skeleton Sidearms 8" .357 revolver.
Danneichh is offline  
Old January 10th, 2010, 03:10   #6
mills0
 
mills0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brandon, Manitoba
Suit YOUR Purpose

As Stated by my fellow Adult players, who are old enough to legally purchase their own guns, it is all about what you want to be able to do, if you want to plink and just screw around the house or yard with your friends then yes your "clear guns" are perfect for you needs.

If you are like those of us with "black guns" as you call them. Then you want to be able to participate in large, often outdoor enviroments where you need to be able to shoot at the player that is upwind of you and still be able to hit him or her.

But thanks for posting!
mills0 is offline  
Old January 10th, 2010, 03:14   #7
Forever_kaos
 
Forever_kaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mississauga.
As Mill stated, they suit your needs.

They get dissed so much because some new players want to use those Wal-Mart guns into organized big events, where everyone has a high end AEG. To say the least, those people would get smoked.

IE - If you showed up to a place with a twig, to play pool and everyone had good quality cue sticks.
Imagine how that'd go?
Your twig would probably snap and such, it would just be a mess and waste of time. Let alone you'd probably get made fun of hahaha

Last edited by Forever_kaos; January 10th, 2010 at 03:16..
Forever_kaos is offline  
Old January 10th, 2010, 03:19   #8
OptimusPrime
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Well im not 18 so I guess I cant actually play. I hope to get black guns some day. I may even paint my Desert Eagle gold because it would look cool.
OptimusPrime is offline  
Old January 10th, 2010, 03:24   #9
theshaneler
 
theshaneler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Taber, AB
clear guns get dissed on this site because that's not what we are here for, this is Airsoft not Softair.

clear guns can act as a means to bring new people into the sport that don't know any better. But once you get to the level of playing large scale games in the bush, the clear stuff just aint going to cut it.

dont get me wrong i have seen people use clearsoft in the field, it dosnt always work well, but they use it.

your guns work well for what you use them for, but this is not the sitting in the garage shooting cans forum, its full of serious players and we tell new people to avoid clear junk for that reason.

welcome to the sport, look around the FAQs and take in some info, we will get you to forget about shooting targets in the garage and get you to dream of being out with us very quickly
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight View Post
Wildcard his gun is better than all of yours, he has magpul stuff on it, all the magpuls you can dream of. He has all of them. On his gun. I wish I had magpuls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Look at all the fucks no one gives Miles, look at them. There is a lot of fucks not being given.

Last edited by theshaneler; January 10th, 2010 at 03:26..
theshaneler is offline  
Old January 10th, 2010, 05:09   #10
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime View Post
Why are the clear guns from WalMart and other stores dissed so much on this site? I have three (two pistols and a rifle) and they are really fun to play with. They suit my purposes of shooting paper targets and pop cans in the garage perfectly. I do like the looks of the black guns but I don't have the money to buy them from some gunrunner that will charge me twice what he payed for it. I do suspect that most of your black guns got here by less then legal means. Its not like they materialized out of thin air.
They are not "dissed" they just aren't recognized as airsoft as they are in fact crapsoft and not fit for use on the field of airsoft battle

they ARE fit for snot nosed litttle punks that have mommy and daddy to buy them for them to play shootemup in th garage or backyard, but that's not what this site is about so again we don't even bother discussing it as this site and airsoft in general is for mature adults not little kiddies.

Don't have the fund for airsoft? Of course you don't you are a kid, no one expects you to and no one here condones underaged ownership of airsoft either, but don't play sour grapes because you can't afford the nice toys that the big boys can, OMG they got here illegally!!!! (in some cases) thanks Captain Obvious WOW!! We didn't know that!!! You must be some kind of wonder kid or something I swear

yet you admit to wanting a desert eagle, sound like you are bittter that we don't let underaged twits play or condone their ownership of guns, so what was your point again? To cry about how shitsoft is "dissed" on this site?

Yeah boo fucking hoo, go cry to your mom kiddo
__________________
pusangani is offline  
Old January 10th, 2010, 05:30   #11
CowboyUp
 
CowboyUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NW of Calgary
Not to beat a dead horse here, but I'll giv'r a try. They suit the purpose of plinking. THey might get you through an indoor game or two, that's about it. Honestly, I've seen people who now own higher-end guns start with painted clearsoft. But, that was also indoors, not out in the elements. I have a Camo gun, and the reason mine's not "black" is because it would stick out like a sore thumb from under my ghillie. I couldn't even imagine trying to do what I do with a walmart gun. For now, stay in your basement. For gods sake don't go outside with those guns under any circumstances. Save your pennies, read the forum, learn all you can. Once you're 18, get age verified, buy a good gun, and join the rest of us whom God has blessed with the privilege of this great sport.

That being said, make sure as I mentioned, KEEP YOUR GUNS THE FUCK INSIDE! If I hear another story about some idiot 16 year old bringing his crapshit to the mall to show off, I'm going to freak. At that point, I will be flaming everyone under 18 on this or any other site even remotely related to airsoft. I used to wonder why so many people here flame under agers. I understand now, but I'm still of the thought process of trying to lead them to the light, let them make mature decisions. I'm done ranting now, I'll shut up and go back to my video games.

Goodday.
__________________
Two shots, One kill
CowboyUp is offline  
Old January 10th, 2010, 05:30   #12
Con Murder
 
Con Murder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lethbridge Alberta Canada
This is why we call it a hobby and actually mean it. My other hobby involves music, I don't ask Alex Lifeson why his guitar is so expensive when wal-mart has much cheeper guitars that suit my purpose. I would look like a beginner that has no real concept of musicianship or the expectations of those who do.

Short terms. You go to a hardware store for hardware a grocery store for groceries and you go to wal-mart to think you saved money.
__________________
Con Murder
Dark Rhino
L.A. Airsoft
Con Murder is offline  
Old January 10th, 2010, 05:41   #13
CowboyUp
 
CowboyUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NW of Calgary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Murder View Post
This is why we call it a hobby and actually mean it. My other hobby involves music, I don't ask Alex Lifeson why his guitar is so expensive when wal-mart has much cheeper guitars that suit my purpose. I would look like a beginner that has no real concept of musicianship or the expectations of those who do.

Short terms. You go to a hardware store for hardware a grocery store for groceries and you go to wal-mart to think you saved money.
Wow, you just about said what I did, only in half the time. I always wondered what people meant when they told me to be more succinct...
Sorry for the rant, I'm in a pissy mood.
__________________
Two shots, One kill
CowboyUp is offline  
Old January 10th, 2010, 10:14   #14
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Walmart crapsoft isn't airsoft.

Seriously.

The guns aren't even in the same universe for quality and effectiveness. You say your M16 works good? No, it doesn't. Not compared to a real airsoft gun. Most walmart crapsoft would probably break if it was shot by real airsoft guns.

As bravo one-six summed it up once, we diss clearsoft because the majority of people in airsoft do it to collect and skirmish with realistic looking imitation firearms. If you want airsoft guns to game with, you don't want walmart ones. If you want airsoft guns because they look cool, you don't want walmart ones.
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline  
Old January 10th, 2010, 10:21   #15
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe
 
ThunderCactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary...now with less oil industry than eco-hipster Vancouver
You can upgrade the crap out of mainstream airsoft guns
walmart guns are like bad chinese airsoft guns, the performance is nowhere near as good and there's very little to nothing you can do about it lol

But again, if all your doing is shooting targets, there's nothing wrong with the walmart stuff if your happy with it
__________________
Tamiya connectors suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatt13 View Post
i never understood why the oil refinery had a brothel... i never see them at the refineries i work at this is bull!
ThunderCactus is offline  
Closed ThreadTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://www.ultimateairsoft.ca/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 00:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.