Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TAKE AIM AT 'TOY' GUNS (Ottawa Sun)

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 2nd, 2010, 02:57   #61
MoreToasties
Art affectionado
 
MoreToasties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North York, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post
I persist to believe that the bottom of the problem is people.
I completely agree with you, sir. I was just making the argument that a gun has much more reason to be banned then, say, a phonebook, even if they could inflict the same amount of damage, because of the intended use.
__________________
God is a /b/tard.

MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 04:03   #62
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Anything can be used as a weapon, like a cup.

EMILE THERIEN theory is flawed in thinking toy guns are the issue. It's the people.

But heck, make them controllable. Make us pay for a permit. If thats the price to pay to be allowed to import them from where ever, at 'regular' price (heck tax them or some shit), then thats fine by me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Shiney View Post
Yes it is hard to find an Instructor that teaches how to Finger, Suck, Squeeze and Blow all at the same time.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 04:25   #63
Deaf_shooter
 
Deaf_shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
Anything can be used as a weapon, like a cup.

EMILE THERIEN theory is flawed in thinking toy guns are the issue. It's the people.

But heck, make them controllable. Make us pay for a permit. If thats the price to pay to be allowed to import them from where ever, at 'regular' price (heck tax them or some shit), then thats fine by me.
I would like this idea, but I doubt ANTI will ever approve this. Though I hear that Government was plan to remove gun register or something due to failed gun control.
__________________
my english is bad. however, It don't make up different on your ignorance.
Deaf_shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 04:32   #64
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf_shooter View Post
I would like this idea, but I doubt ANTI will ever approve this. Though I hear that Government was plan to remove gun register or something due to failed gun control.
Who woulda seen that one
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Shiney View Post
Yes it is hard to find an Instructor that teaches how to Finger, Suck, Squeeze and Blow all at the same time.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 04:35   #65
Deaf_shooter
 
Deaf_shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
well, I do get mail from Steven Fletcher (he is MPA or MLA whatever) in my area. He often sent newspaper in mail. He talk about his party plan to remove Gun register because it don't keep illegal guns off street. and it strain hunters and citizens. I think it was few months ago.
__________________
my english is bad. however, It don't make up different on your ignorance.
Deaf_shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 10:57   #66
Double Tapper
 
Double Tapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The land of the over regulated and the banners
Send a message via MSN to Double Tapper
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreToasties View Post
I completely agree with you, sir. I was just making the argument that a gun has much more reason to be banned then, say, a phonebook, even if they could inflict the same amount of damage, because of the intended use.
It is much like us banning car because of a few drunk drivers,the
car registry didn't help prevent the accidents or fatality's.
Double Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 14:21   #67
MoreToasties
Art affectionado
 
MoreToasties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North York, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Tapper View Post
It is much like us banning car because of a few drunk drivers,the
car registry didn't help prevent the accidents or fatality's.
Purpose, purpose, purpose.

Cars aren't designed as weapons. You cannot ignore that.
__________________
God is a /b/tard.

MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 20:04   #68
AS92-RD
 
AS92-RD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Longueuil, Québec
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreToasties View Post
Car = tool.

Knife = tool bordering on weapon

Gun = weapon.

Obviously purpose plays a factor along with intent. I believe Brian mentioned this earlier.
Phonebooks are another story.
AS92-RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 20:45   #69
mcguyver
 
mcguyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northern Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreToasties View Post
Purpose, purpose, purpose.

Cars aren't designed as weapons. You cannot ignore that.
Aren't they? They are designed to go faster than any human body can survive an impact, they come apart into many pieces upon impact, and do not have sufficient safety measures to prevent death or serious injury.

Add to this the fact that they kill 8 times more people in Canada than guns do (and there are not 8 times more cars than guns), what their implied "design" is in fact does not translate into the reality of their use or existance.

Perhaps you are thinking that society would be severely altered if cars were banned, and that their use (and the resultant death) is an acceptable price to pay? If that is the case, how noble of you to accept the sacrifices of others for our comforts and lifestyle.

No matter how you want to spin it, cars are proven (every year) that they are far more dangerous than guns. How does that compute into your reasoning of design and utility?
__________________
Age verifier Northern Alberta

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 21:08   #70
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreToasties View Post
Gun = tool.
Fixed.
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 21:13   #71
Forever_kaos
 
Forever_kaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mississauga.
"Saying guns kill people is like saying pencils spell words wrong"

Quote from somebody.
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 21:46   #72
MadMorbius
Administrator Malleus Veto
 
MadMorbius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Send a message via ICQ to MadMorbius
You can argue it one way or the other, but as far as the Criminal Code of Canada is concerened a "firearm" is considered a weapon.
__________________
[/FONT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf_shooter View Post
what if it model after his?
MadMorbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 21:46   #73
Deaf_shooter
 
Deaf_shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
I decide to look around to find crime statistic.

http://www.hamiltonpolice.on.ca/NR/r...Canada2004.pdf
2004, 6 years old...

It claim that robbery is still steady however robbery with Firearm (guns, etc) is decline (50% decrease)

I still haven't find information about death by firearms compare to other type of death.
__________________
my english is bad. however, It don't make up different on your ignorance.
Deaf_shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 21:50   #74
Acid_Snake
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: North Bay, ON
Send a message via MSN to Acid_Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf_shooter View Post
I decide to look around to find crime statistic.

http://www.hamiltonpolice.on.ca/NR/r...Canada2004.pdf
2004, 6 years old...

It claim that robbery is still steady however robbery with Firearm (guns, etc) is decline (50% decrease)

I still haven't find information about death by firearms compare to other type of death.
What's the point bringing a gun if you know your victim won't have one anyways?
Acid_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 22:31   #75
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMorbius View Post
You can argue it one way or the other, but as far as the Criminal Code of Canada is concerened a "firearm" is considered a weapon.
Yes key word being Criminal code.

If it's involved in a crime of course it's a weapon.
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 23:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.