Airsoft Canada
www.jsairsoft.com

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

BDU Gloves, and Boots SUGGEST THEM TO ME

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 3rd, 2009, 09:08   #16
Short Round
Najohn
 
Short Round's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SkyDome
Thanks everyone. Time to take a trip to hardware stores.
Short Round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 09:33   #17
scottyfox
 
scottyfox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ottawa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingyul View Post
Scottyfox, how are they holding up? They look like they'd be great when it's hot.
I like that they're short too. Shipping reasonable from Sierra?
I haven't put them through a ton of wear but they survived the rainstorm at OP Deadfall with just a wash, pretty good quality for sure and the price was awesome.

Hmm I forget what shipping was but all said I was happy with the deal.
scottyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 11:11   #18
coach
aka coachster
 
coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: T dot
ordered my Oakley SI's online. Got the 2nd gen but they are still very nice. great investment and still fairly new after 18 months. I occasionally use them riding my mountain bike too.

I also use Mechanix gloves for wet weather games or when there's a lot of mud but they tend to be a little slippery on the guns.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 11:19   #19
Skladfin
 
Skladfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, B.C
woah, mechanix gloves are only $25 at homedepot.

gotta jump on this deal.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 11:34   #20
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith
 
CDN_Stalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ont.
Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
ordered my Oakley SI's online. Got the 2nd gen but they are still very nice. great investment and still fairly new after 18 months. I occasionally use them riding my mountain bike too.

I also use Mechanix gloves for wet weather games or when there's a lot of mud but they tend to be a little slippery on the guns.
Skater grip tape applied in key locations fizes this. I have the stuff on both my MP5s and my M24, works great, looks cool.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 11:56   #21
L473ncy
 
L473ncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 11-30-24-1W5
Right now I'm using a set of "Watson Gloves" for cycling/work.

I got them for like $12.99 + tax or something at a hardware store (I'm sure Marks Work Wearhouse, Rona, and Home Depot carry them). Just get whatever you think looks badass from the hardware store and make sure that they're low profile and fit close to your hand otherwise your fingers might get pinched in the triggerguard when you're playing.
__________________
ಠ_ಠLess QQ more Pew Pew
READY TO >> RACE
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 14:02   #22
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post
woah, mechanix gloves are only $25 at homedepot.

gotta jump on this deal.
The light duties in grey and black are regular $15 at Canadian tire. Well at least that's what the price is here, I would expect that they were somewhat uniform across the country.
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 15:05   #23
SHÖCK
aka SNK or Shaniqua
 
SHÖCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Chingyul, you can try my thin gloves from ehobby whenever you want. I prefer thicker for when my hands get shot with bbs!
__________________
SHÖCK
SHÖCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 15:20   #24
Short Round
Najohn
 
Short Round's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SkyDome
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Right now I'm using a set of "Watson Gloves" for cycling/work.

I got them for like $12.99 + tax or something at a hardware store (I'm sure Marks Work Wearhouse, Rona, and Home Depot carry them). Just get whatever you think looks badass from the hardware store and make sure that they're low profile and fit close to your hand otherwise your fingers might get pinched in the triggerguard when you're playing.
I was thinking biking or baseball batting gloves, than i remembered destroying after a week of wearing them. than again they were cheap ones from zellers, and i was 8 or something and wore them everywhere
__________________


P90's 101 Guide
Short Round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 15:59   #25
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D
 
Brian McIlmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Mechanix

make about 15 different models of gloves

From very light .. to insulated work gloves

I have several pair.

, very light pair for hot weather wear.. just good to reduce abrasions in the field.. not really any good for anti BB protection

cost $15

a standard pair of general work gloves in OD green and Black.. these are my standard feild wear in temperate weather, good grip, fair impact resistance , good anti bb protection for field distance engagements

cost $20

an "armoured" pair with rubber reinforcements on the back of the hand, fingers and solid re-enforements over the finger tips .. very good for CQB , can take a contact shot with no issues. thse goves are made for masonary work where dropping a brick on your finger happens all the time..
These come in grey and black .. but they make a CB version

cost about $35

an insulated pair for cold weather play .. with a thin liner glove and a chemical hand warmer good to - 18

Cost about $30 + $15 for the liner


Got them all at Lowes
__________________
Brian McIlmoyle
TTAC3 Director
CAPS Range Officer
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 16:01   #26
Short Round
Najohn
 
Short Round's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SkyDome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
make about 15 different models of gloves

From very light .. to insulated work gloves

I have several pair.

, very light pair for hot weather wear.. just good to reduce abrasions in the field.. not really any good for anti BB protection

cost $15

a standard pair of general work gloves in OD green and Black.. these are my standard feild wear in temperate weather, good grip, fair impact resistance , good anti bb protection for field distance engagements

cost $20

an "armoured" pair with rubber reinforcements on the back of the hand, fingers and solid re-enforements over the finger tips .. very good for CQB , can take a contact shot with no issues. thse goves are made for masonary work where dropping a brick on your finger happens all the time..
These come in grey and black .. but they make a CB version

cost about $35


Got them all at Lowes
As long as I'm not spending over $40 on a pair of gloves, I'm one happy asian.
__________________


P90's 101 Guide
Short Round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 16:03   #27
m102404
Tys
 
m102404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto
How about $39.50....come on...be a man...

I've tried a couple of different makes. Be sure to try them on. Several makes had either thin fingers, short thumbs or fit just right (but a medium would fit in one make and a large would fit in another).

Factor in that they're going to stretch a bit and loosen up...but some don't. I have a really beefy pair (look like mini hockey gloves with bumpers on the back) that are ultra protective...but are really stiff. I can shoot with them on...but I can't "feel" much. I've soaked them and oiled them and tried to work them in...but they're b*tches to wear.

I prefer a glove with a bit of a cuff...nice to keep the buggies off my wrists when playing in swampy areas. Some models have them, others don't.

I'd take a pair that I could try on and make sure that they fit over ordering the most elite tactical super-ninja pair that might not fit right.

Last edited by m102404; November 3rd, 2009 at 16:18..
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 16:08   #28
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D
 
Brian McIlmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najohn View Post
As long as I'm not spending over $40 on a pair of gloves, I'm one happy asian.

One finger nail split to the quick will cure you of that .. it's protective equipment .. not an item to look for discounts on.. but that said.. carbon fiber knuckle inlays are not needed
__________________
Brian McIlmoyle
TTAC3 Director
CAPS Range Officer
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 16:11   #29
coach
aka coachster
 
coach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: T dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
carbon fiber knuckle inlays are not needed
but oh so welcomed when taking would be bleeders off the knuckles!
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 16:15   #30
SHÖCK
aka SNK or Shaniqua
 
SHÖCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Calgary, AB


My Airborne gloves, $5 at a liquidation store!
__________________
SHÖCK

Last edited by SHÖCK; November 3rd, 2009 at 18:26..
SHÖCK is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
www.jsairsoft.com

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.