Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CYMA Sig Sauer 556 from Section 8 sports

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 14th, 2009, 17:32   #1
cam1317
 
cam1317's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Georgetown, Ontario
CYMA Sig Sauer 556 from Section 8 sports

Thinking about purchasing this: (and yes i'm 18) http://www.section8sports.ca/compone...d=656&vmcchk=1
Thoughts on quality, compatibility and price?
cam1317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 17:34   #2
Assault Pioneer
formerly haakon45
 
Assault Pioneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Edmonton AB
hm, we had a discussion about section 8 on the EAR boards. called them up, none of their stuff was in stock at the time and I dont think they renewed yet, this was only a week and a half ago and I guess they didnt get the memo about selling all blacks, its pretty sketchy, they are a paintball store, they dont know much about airsoft. buy at your own risk but I advise not to

ADDITION: Also their legal/liability is built straight off american law not canadian.

again, sketchy
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
Wow, best derailed thread, ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Don't take weapons training from a book. It ranks right up there with people who think they know guns from watching a Chris Costa video.

Last edited by Assault Pioneer; October 14th, 2009 at 18:17..
Assault Pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 17:37   #3
MoreToasties
Art affectionado
 
MoreToasties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North York, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1317 View Post
Thoughts on quality, compatibility and price?
Well the quality of the gun itself seems good, based on CYMAs nowadays.

The price is decent.

As for the quality of the seller, I would advice against buying from them, they seem, as Assault Pioneer put it, sketchy.
__________________
God is a /b/tard.


Last edited by MoreToasties; October 14th, 2009 at 21:07..
MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 17:39   #4
L473ncy
 
L473ncy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 11-30-24-1W5
TBH I think it's kind of overpriced. However I'm used to getting something higher quality for just slightly more.

If you're 18+ then definitely think about getting AV'ed. I bought mine for $450 and it's SWEET (not as sweet as my teammates PTW's though but still nonetheless my gundoc is amazed at what I got my M4 for).

They're a legit business, not like one of those drive by night "stores" however it's a slippery slope what they're doing.
__________________
ಠ_ಠLess QQ more Pew Pew
READY TO >> RACE
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 17:46   #5
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall
 
TokyoSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1317 View Post
Thoughts on quality, compatibility and price?
If you mentioned Cyma a few years ago, people would have simply told you that you were wasting your money. Now a days I'm not sure what to say about them. Either they are just a bad as they were a few years ago and everyone else just lowered their standards, or its quite possible that they have made some improvements in their products. My money is on lower standards but that's just my own personal opinion.

On the topic of compatibility I'm not entirely sure what you mean, are you asking about external or internals? Externally I have no idea, internally I could hazard a guess and say that most after market internals made for the version 3 mechbox should work just fine, "should being the key word.


Price? Personally I believe that the money that you would use to purchase that could be put towards something a few more rungs up the quality ladder.
__________________


"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 17:50   #6
cam1317
 
cam1317's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Georgetown, Ontario
Yea I was talking more about internals, and I was thinking that it seemed a little overpriced too.
cam1317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 17:55   #7
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
How is it overpriced? its a full metal gun, cansoft guns go for more sometimes. Cyma has greatly improved over the years.

BUT

I wouldn't trust that site, they obviously don't know the laws concerning airsoft and that they will be shut down pretty soon. I also don't like the idea that any kidiot can use mommy's credit card and order from them.

If you speak with them and they do in fact have it in stock then, by all means buy it (if you are 18+ of course) as it is a good deal

as far as specs and compatability go....google?
__________________
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 17:56   #8
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1317 View Post
Yea I was talking more about internals, and I was thinking that it seemed a little overpriced too.
because you are av'd and know what real airsoft in canada costs right? what are you comparing it to? us and asian prices? buycrapsoft.com's prices?
__________________
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 18:01   #9
cam1317
 
cam1317's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Georgetown, Ontario
Take it easy there pusangani, I was comparing it to what I think a similar/ similarly performing M4 might cost.
cam1317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 18:05   #10
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"
 
pusangani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Scarbrah, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1317 View Post
Take it easy there pusangani, I was comparing it to what I think a similar/ similarly performing M4 might cost.


1. it's not an m4 so I don't know why we would assume you were comparing it to that

2. full metal cyma's in the retailer section are around the same price - don't know where you would see it priced cheaper in canada that you say it seems overpriced
__________________
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 18:16   #11
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1317 View Post
Take it easy there pusangani, I was comparing it to what I think a similar/ similarly performing M4 might cost.
That's your problem right there. You have no idea about prices.
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 18:33   #12
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw
 
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
May seem harsh what were saying here, but it doesn't take away from the fact their right. Does $1200 for a PTW seem overpriced to you? The answer will probably be yes because you wouldn't know what the market value actually is in country yet. Don't take it personally or anything, its just the fact that your not AV'ed and our community comprises the majority of the entire Airsoft entity in this country. Inclusive is our classifieds section which is restricted to those who are Age Verified (AV'ed). If you want more info on that, theres are stickies all over the board.
__________________
My trust is in whiskey, in weed and in Slayer, its GODDAMN ELECTRIC - Pantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 20:09   #13
cam1317
 
cam1317's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Georgetown, Ontario
Well it would appear that I was wrong about the price, I guess that I was just acting on my opinion. I'll take the opinion of the community on this one as most of you have been airsofting much longer than I have.
cam1317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 20:18   #14
Disco_Dante
 
Disco_Dante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: GTA
1) Cyma doesn't make a SG556
2) It's a Sig SG556, not a Sig Sauer
3) The website's drop down bars on the left piss me off.



So CYMA doesn't make that gun. It's either a JP or a King Arms.



It's not a king arms...
__________________


Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 20:21   #15
cam1317
 
cam1317's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Georgetown, Ontario
Yes, the drop down bars are incredibly stupid, and thanks for telling me that CYMA doesn't make a SIG SG556. The more I hear/ look into Section 8 the more they look sketchy.
cam1317 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 17:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.