Airsoft Canada
www.jsairsoft.com

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Shot Consistency

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 5th, 2009, 14:23   #46
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hey guys, ive been missing the action as ive been away the past day or so at baby showers. Anyways, I know FPS isnt everything, and its not a priority on my upgrade list. However, the reason why i wanted 350fps is so I can play indoors as indoors interest me more than outdoors right now. But i might want to play outdoors too in the future and 350fps might be a bit low for range outdoors. Any advice on what I should do and what FPS I should be striving for?
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 14:36   #47
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum
 
AngelusNex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kingston,ON, aka Funkasia
Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by xelamander View Post
i think it goes without saying that with higher fps, factors like bb weight and gun setup come into play. and just becuse your gun has weak-a$s fps doesn't make it more accurate than mine.
Weak ass, lemme guesse you play with 9000 fps outdoors and 4000 in and use melded springs then?

Seriously, I hate the know it all noobs who think anything below the "mandatory" 400 fps is no better than throwing the bbs. Now as you clearly cannot read between the lines, I did not mean a gun has to shoot at 300 to be good, just that it take a metric ton load more upgrades and allot more tweaking to make a 400 fps gun as accurate as a 330 gun can get with allot less work.

Last edited by AngelusNex; October 5th, 2009 at 14:47..
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 15:00   #48
xelamander
 
xelamander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelusNex View Post
Weak ass, lemme guesse you play with 9000 fps outdoors and 4000 in and use melded springs then?

Seriously, I hate the know it all noobs who think anything below the "mandatory" 400 fps is no better than throwing the bbs. Now as you clearly cannot read between the lines, I did not mean a gun has to shoot at 300 to be good, just that it take a metric ton load more upgrades and allot more tweaking to make a 400 fps gun as accurate as a 330 gun can get with allot less work.
accuracy means squat without range. fps gives you added range, and accuracy is relative to the shooter behind the sights. learn to tweak your gun its not that hard to do, or else your the noob.

and oh, i play with 50000000 fps fyi lol.
__________________
just because i don't... doesn't mean i can't.

xelamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 14:14   #49
Lestat
formerly Lestat_d
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
For those using Shredders Concave Spacer -- has it made a noticeable difference?
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 14:32   #50
ShelledPants
 
ShelledPants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto, On
Quote:
Originally Posted by xelamander View Post
accuracy means squat without range. fps gives you added range, and accuracy is relative to the shooter behind the sights. learn to tweak your gun its not that hard to do, or else your the noob.

and oh, i play with 50000000 fps fyi lol.
I had an M14 which shot 380 and could put a .28 on a man sized target at 200 feet.

I also had an Ak47 which shot 380 and couldn't put a .28 on a barn sized target at 100 feet.

FPS /= Range. That's oversimplification. There are a lot of factors. If anything, Higher FPS = Less time for BB to reach target.


EDIT: Doh, necro fail.
__________________


r skal rsa, s er annars vill
f ea fjr hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi lfur
lr um getur n sofandi maur sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 14:59   #51
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum
 
AngelusNex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kingston,ON, aka Funkasia
Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
I had an M14 which shot 380 and could put a .28 on a man sized target at 200 feet.

I also had an Ak47 which shot 380 and couldn't put a .28 on a barn sized target at 100 feet.

FPS /= Range. That's oversimplification. There are a lot of factors. If anything, Higher FPS = Less time for BB to reach target.


EDIT: Doh, necro fail.
+1, My 340 fps (+/- 15, can't remember it's exact) M16 is a ranged nail driver when the barrel is 100% clean. Little oil on the barrel/rubber and it seems to go from 200 feet accurate to... hard to hit anyone beyond 100....

Tweaking means EVERYTHING when talking about accuracy and range. Between the rubber, spacer, gearbox nozzel (and the airseal it forms with the rubber), Hopup unit (some are utter shit) and the inner barrel
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 16:03   #52
kalnaren
 
kalnaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Guys... thread from Oktober...
__________________

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 16:20   #53
ShelledPants
 
ShelledPants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto, On
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Guys... thread from Oktober...
Oh noes.

At least our posts had relevant information...
__________________


r skal rsa, s er annars vill
f ea fjr hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi lfur
lr um getur n sofandi maur sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
www.jsairsoft.com

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.